Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:10:17 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst comic book movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst comic book movies  (Read 3029 times)
Megafury
Dedicated Viewer

« on: December 07, 2002, 08:11:10 PM »

I'm not sure if anybody done a topic like this before but I'd say the worst comic movies by far are Batman & Robin, Captain America and Fantastic Four.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2002, 09:16:42 PM »

There's also Superman 4, which blew away even comic book plausibility.

The direct-to-video Vampirella is pretty bad, but saved by T&A, naturally.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2002, 09:38:17 PM »

The Crow: City Of Angels  is perhaps one of the downright WORST movies I've ever seen. It has NONE of the emotions that made the first one a memorable film, and tries hard to convey the image of Ashe as a 100% good person, only killing because he knows it's what to do, and never thinking twice about anything. The original had Eric Draven constantly in an emotional wreck, and really got the point across that Draven did not know why he was back.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Megafury
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2002, 10:10:31 PM »

I got that Vampirella movie, good thing there was T&A of that girl from Mortal Kombat.
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2002, 10:34:06 PM »

Without a dount, my two choices for the worst comic book movies would have to be the Wonder Woman movie with Cathy Lee Crosby, and the Punisher. Also Return of the Swamp Thing
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2002, 11:25:58 PM »

I'm with Paul.  The Punisher sucks ass.  I remember Return of Swamp Thing rocking when I was a little kid, but I watched it again recently on the Sci Fi Channel and could barely sit through that end battle where the bad guy's head caves in every time he moves.  Good thing the first Swamp Thing movie still kicks ass.

Brother Ragnarok
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2002, 05:34:07 AM »

I haven't seen "The Fantastic Four," or "The Spirit" starring Sam J. Jones of "Flash Gordon" infamy--and I've only viddied a few clips from "Justice League of America" (clips no longer seem to work, but there are pics) --but I'll have to say that "Captain America" sucks on toast. Look, this is more ambitious, yet WORSE, than the Reb Brown "Cap'n America" TV-movies. How is that possible? Long answer short: Albert Pyun.

Runners-up: DC's "fantastic IVs"--"Superman IV: The Quest For Peace" and "Batman & Nipples," and those two gawful Europey classics, "The Pumaman" and "Supersonic Man." AAAAAARGH!
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2002, 10:06:58 AM »

My personal vote is for "Spawn". CGI images are truly appalling, acting sucks, dialogues are so bad they hurt your ears, and it even fails in delivering the action  and violence you may expect. And don't make me talk about the soundtrack.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2002, 03:11:41 PM »

Any soundtrack that includes Atari Teenage Riot, Slayer, Stabbing Westward, and Metallica is alright in my book.

Megafury
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2002, 06:03:51 PM »

Slayer was okay, Metallica's song wasn't that good on the soundtrack though.

Spawn, yeah I hated that cgi stuff.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2002, 07:44:38 PM »

Seeing as how it was a s**tty remix of "For Whom The Bell Tolls," I agree.

We need more ballsy soundtracks, no more Top 40 pieces of pop/punk pop/rock s**t.

Megafury
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2002, 08:34:11 PM »

yup, we need more metal bands doing soundtracks, Cannibal Corpse was on the Ace Ventura soundtrack, thats the only extreme metal band that did a soundtrack I could think of
Evan3
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2002, 06:49:27 PM »

A real bad one is Mystery Men.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2002, 08:46:32 PM »

I liked MYSTERY MEN a lot.  The whole thing is one big in joke to superhero fans.  It's no wonder it failed miserably at the box office.

I hated THE PUNISHER.  I've seen better acting and plot by little kids playing make-believe in a playground.  And no costume.  WTF?

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst comic book movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.