Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:56:11 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7735 Members
Latest Member: WGUNannett
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Adam Sandler movie reviews « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adam Sandler movie reviews  (Read 2301 times)
Megafury
Dedicated Viewer

« on: December 10, 2002, 01:37:03 AM »

My 2nd article reviewing films

http://www.mtvhell.com/articles/sandler.html

not as retarded as the teen one but still has the same retarded style of writing
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 10:27:54 AM »

Ya know, doing something half-assed and lazy in attempted parody of something half-assed and lazy you don't like is not clever. It's just, well, half-assed and lazy. "Poking fun" at something isn't funny, unless you can add wit and humour or turn the original back on itself or do *something* that let's the ready in that this is a joke.  Just immitating a trend, without parody or humour, isn't funny; you just end up looking like you are truly trying to be what you claim to be making fun of.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Jason Thomas
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 01:07:02 PM »

Adam Sandler is a modern day Jerry Lewis. The guy is a genius. You people should be spammed just for suggesting he is imperfect. I actually stumbled onto this site. I can't believe that loseres actually type s**t down & send it here. How ridiculous. Get a life!
Megafury
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2002, 01:21:29 PM »

I've been getting lots of hits, thanks to my articles, even though people hate them so much, they still manage to comment on them, giving me ratings.
Chris K.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2002, 03:56:31 PM »

Comparing Jerry Lewis to Adam Sandler is a bit off. Some do that with Jim Carrey! But to me, Sandler is no modern day Jerry Lewis. Sandler's childish voice is very annoying and unoriginal (Lewis' is better). The fact that his childish noises he made in LITTLE NICKY that had to be re-looped due to the test screening with annoyed audience members shows that his "vocal talents" (if you want to call it that) couldn't save his film. Sandler also comes across as another Chevy Chase in which he will take ANYTHING that is presented to him. Though Joan Crawford claimed that she could "turn s**t into gold", it doesn't apply to Sandler very well. Sandler needs to look at the script first before saying "I'll take it."

I beleive Sandlers worst films would definately be BILLY MADISON, LITTLE NICKY and his recent EIGHT CRAZY NIGHTS. BIG DADDY was okay. Sandlers BEST is, in my opinion, HAPPY GILMORE (Bob Barker beating the s**t out of Sandler-pure genius) and PUNCH DRUNK LOVE, two movies where he doesn't have to act like a retard for an hour and a half. And with the upcoming ANGER MANAGEMENT with Jack Nicholson, I do feel that one will be better.
Adam Sandler just doesn't cut it. If he can actually star in better films and use his tallent more efficantly, then I might say good things about him. In the meantime, I am waiting for ANGER MANAGEMENT.

And even though I haven't read megafury's review on Adam Sandler, I have my doubts on it. Oh well, everybody has their own versions of great comedy.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2002, 05:12:15 PM »

Ah, I see that Jason found a name that he recognized (Al Adamson and Ed Wood probably went by without a glimmer of brain activity) and decided that he could comment on it and make a difference.

By the way, the word is "losers."  Get a dictionary.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2002, 05:19:53 AM »

Whoa, Andrew smacked someone! (I mean, without the usual requisite death threats and other way-over-the-top nonsense.) Jason Thomas's not ringin' a bell--have I been missing something?
Ted
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2002, 10:12:00 AM »

Adam Sandler is ALMOST as funny as a venereal wart. I actually managed to make it through Happy Gilmore without any regurgitation but it wasn't easy. The supporting cast made it bearable and hearing the voice from the gallery yelling "jackass" was so proper.
 I can't compare him with Jerry Lewis, more an uncostumed Barney using toilet humor.
Creepozoid
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2002, 01:42:42 PM »

Sandler's formula is becoming quite rotten. MR. DEEDS was really stupid. His stuff just isn't funny anymore even though I still love THE WATERBOY.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2002, 07:50:07 PM »

Whoa, Andrew smacked someone!
*****  I think it was because the losere dissed people who post on this board.  

Regarding the modern-day Jerry Lewis remark, is that supposed to be praise or an insult to Sandler?  Due to relatives who are fans, I had to sit through lots of his movies.  I don't think I ever laughed once.  Not ever.  Jim Carey is a good comparison, I think.

Sandler has one schtick (with slight variations), but it can be funny if you're not expecting Peter Sellers-caliber comedy.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2002, 09:42:55 PM »

Dano hit it on the head Squishy, I do not like people who show up for one post and are jerks.  I have learned a lot about movies from everyone else on the board.  If knowledge, of any sort, makes us "loseres" - I want to be a big freakin' losere.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2002, 09:50:51 PM »

I think Sandler could actually be considered a modern-day Jerry Lewis, in that they've both made millions aping the mentally handicapped. Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore were decent in that "It's really stupid but I can't help laughing," way but every movie since then has failed because he tried to have more heart or a message.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Megafury
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2002, 11:45:29 PM »

I still think Sandler is his own original thing. A guy that acts moronic by doing stuff thats only silly to todays standards and were not even said back then to get laughs, not that thats a bad thing, I like laughing at moronic things
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Adam Sandler movie reviews « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.