Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:54:58 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  snake attack « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: snake attack  (Read 27867 times)
jeff
« on: February 24, 2001, 02:56:36 AM »

besides frogs, does anyone know of any good snake constricting scenes?  Best I have seen is the movie frogs.
Abby
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2001, 05:01:46 AM »

Snake strangulation scenes are overrated.

What you really need is a good "plastic venomous snakes eating a blind chick in a swimming pool" scene. And I think I know just the place:

Asylum of Satan Snakes.
Chadzilla
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2001, 11:28:43 AM »

The only ones I can think of are Anaconda - especially when (edited to prevent spoilage) gets crunched.
jeff
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2001, 05:13:22 PM »

is this movie available on video.  sounds good
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2001, 07:58:38 PM »

Certainly, "Anaconda." And if "Anaconda" has one of the latest snake constricting scenes, then 1933's "Murder in the Zoo" has one of the earliest. And legend has it, that the victim in that scene--actor Lionel Atwill--enjoyed the scene so much that he bought the snake used in the scene. Then "Pinky" Atwill was always a little strange (IMO). A great villain, but strange. And since we are talking about snakes, let me add one of my favorite
film subsets to the discussion. That is scenes where a person turns into a snake or a snake turns into a person. These would include "Cult of the Cobra," where Faith Domergue turns into a person; "Lair of the White Worm," where Amanda Donohoe turns into a snake; "Reptile," where Jacqueline Pearce is turned into a snake; and "SSSSSSS," where Dirk Benedict is turned into a snake.
Enjoy
king
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2001, 08:16:15 PM »

Wow, thanks for the info.  I am going to try and rent the 1 from 1933. sounds pretty amazing.  Also, want to see the 1's you mentioned.  Are they available on video?
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2001, 05:00:32 AM »

If I may butt in (OW! A snake bit my bottom! Now my bottom's big!):

"Lair of the White Worm" should be easy to find. Kinky little thing from Ken Russell, you'll be surprised by the cast, and what they'll do for money. Well, maybe not.

"The Reptile" is an old Hammer film. It pops up on AMC from time to time. You might try searching for new showings at http://www.amctv.com

"Ssssssssss" (of is it "Sssssss"?) last showed up on Sci-Fi, and will probably be on again.

"Spasms" supposedly has very ugly venom deaths; a giant snake packs quite a bit into each bite. Last saw it on Thorn EMI Video, that's how old a fart I am. eBay?

"Venom" has a FANTASTIC cast of dueling accents (Nicol Williamson, Klaus Kinski, Oliver Reed, Sterling Hayden, Michael Gough and more) in a fun little thriller based on an outrageous coincidence that Hitchcock would've loved. Kidnappers and a black mamba attack a home in central London at the same time. Might still be available on video.

Out there some where: "Jaws of Satan." Fritz Weaver as a disillusioned alcoholic priest (aaah, that's original) versus Satan in the form of a semitelekenetic serpent. Rips off EVERYTHING, badly. Revoltingly awful, must see, only once. Late night TV.

"King Cobra" is a recent release featuring a nifty giant snake from the Chiodo Brothers ("Killer Klowns") and some of the worst filmmaking I have seen this side of "The Creeping Terror." Nonsense from beginning to end. Hateful. See how low Eric Estrada and poor Pat Morita have sunk!

"Stanley" was a ripoff of "Willard," just with snakes instead of rats. Who knows where it is today?

"Jennifer" was a ripoff of "Carrie," just with snakes instead of knives and backboards. Also missing in action. Might never have made it to video, for all I know.

The original "Rattlers" is pretty nasty. There are several recent USA movies, one of which also goes by that name. Can't remember the other titles, they're so exciting.

You can always try the titles out at the IMDb ( http://www.imdb.com ), MoviesUnlimited.com or eBay; who knows, you might get lucky. In the IMDb, search for "snake" under "Plots" and I'm sure you'll be up all night clickin'.
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2001, 07:15:50 AM »

Actually, "snakes" in the IMDb search didn't come up with that many titles. Maybe I should try the singular.

The USA movies were "Rattled" (not "Rattlers") and "Silent Predators." One of 'em starred William Katt, I think--that should be enough to warn you away, yes?

This sounds funny: poisonous snakes cripple a submarine in "Fer De Lance" (TV 1974)! Wow, the Commies never tried that!

"The Reptile" is available on DVD; "Sssssss" is available on VHS. You are responsible for any decision to waste your own money. "Spasms" and "Venom" are out-of-print. (S***.)
Squishy
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2001, 07:28:12 AM »

Hey, we all forgot Jamie Farr's magnum opus, "Curse II: The Bite"! An idiot gets bit by a radioactive snake, and starts growing snakes. (Don't ask. It helps to sing the "Spider-Man" theme song with the appropriate word subtitution. Check it out, everybody--Jamie Farr found work!!!)

"Jaws of Satan" was Christina Applegate's first movie. She was a little girl at the time. She gets nipped on the leg by one of Satan's minions, one of the many unpleasant directed-by-Jeffrey-Dahmer-type scenes in this ugly piece of monkey poop.

Ironically, "Jaws of Satan" has the alternate title "King Cobra." The later "King Cobra" is ALSO an ugly piece of monkey poop. Connection?
king
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2001, 03:58:26 PM »

Wow, spasms sounds like my kind of movie.  love snake attacks, especially constriction.  hard to find.  Have you seen it?  I am going to search some of the sites you recommended.  Thanks for all of the info.  Buy the way have you seen FROGS, amazing reptile scenes, if so what did you think?  The story sucked but really liked the attack scenes..especially the spider, leaches and snakes,  there was even a giant turtagtor attack.
Squishy
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2001, 09:11:11 PM »

Constriction is hard to do well--remember "Kong '76"? Wrinkle snake!--so it's going to remain hard to find, outside of, um, kinkier sites...Galaxy of Terror (http://galaxy-of-terror.com) can lead you to assorted horror-movie sites specializing in helpless victims trapped in the coils of snakes and other tendrils. You might also like "Constrictors!" (http://www.unipuma.cx/~python/indix.htm) ...no kids!

"Frogs" was okay, but I don't remember the assorted attacks very well--the butterflies "leading" their pursuer into quicksand was pretty creepy, and it was fun to see Ray Milland's complete-@!#$ character get his, and of course it was funny to imagine anybody being "shocked" by the ending.

I haven't actually seen "Spasms," but I remember the video box cover--with three black-and-white shots of a victim's flesh swelling and rupturing (while he somehow maintains a standing position, ahem). According to the IMDb, it stars Peter Fonda, and Oliver Reed's character has a psychic connection to the giant serpent! The IMDb also has the trailer, but I can't get it to load...maybe you'll have better luck.
Squishy
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2001, 09:25:14 PM »

I just dropped by eBay--it's better to use AuctionWatch.com, they cover eBay, Yahoo! Auctions, and more--and it's LOUSY with VHSs of "Spasms" for sale. It'll cost maybe five bucks with shipping, not much, but don't blame me if it's not worth it! :)
king
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2001, 11:16:24 PM »

wow, you are a wealth of information and knowledge.  I am going to check out those sites. I will let you know how I do.  Galaxy of Terror sounds like a good bet.  and i am going to buy Spasms, can't be too bad with peter Fonda.   However, I do not know what "imbd" means.  I will try and investigate.
with regard to Frogs,  I liked it too when ray milland got nailed - what a jerk his character was, but could have been more exciting.  The best attack was when this guy gets attackd by huge spiders that actually spin a web around him and go into his mouth -totally cool - if you do not remember it check it out again..definately worth it.  Still have not figured out how they did it.  It was just rereleased on video, I have it.  if you want a copy, let me know and i can  make you 1.
Thanks for all the info.
Squishy
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2001, 11:47:31 PM »

...is the Internet Movie Database. THAT's the real wealth of info, with everything from audience and critic reviews to Hollywood gossip to search engines to posters and trailers to famous quotes to purchasing links (which is how I found "The Reptile" on DVD).

(If you think a movie with Peter Fonda can't be all bad, you've never seen "Wanda Nevada." Do yourself a favor and maintain that blissful innocence.)

Thanks for the offer, but "Frogs" still pops up once in a while on my local stations. I'll be sure to watch next time, to refresh my memory.

Back in high school, I remember reading the novelization of "Kingdom of the Spiders," which featured a still of one of the victims (a cropduster) screaming as a big fat tarantula scurries into his open yap. I've only seen the movie edited-for-TV, and I can't remember if that particular shot actually appeared in the final cut, but the still looked pretty gross. (I just hope the actor didn't accidentally bite down.)

Likewise, a mere verbal description of a killer-bee attack in "The Savage Bees" turned out to be far more horrifying than anything in the entirety of "The Swarm;" an autopsy of the bees' first victim, a poor little girl, reveals her stomach is full of the insects. I looked this up, and it's true; they will climb up your nose, into your mouth, and down your throat while attacking, attracted by the heat, stinging all the way until they die. I suppose they try the ears too. Mother Nature is one f***ing sick b***h.
king
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2001, 11:54:51 PM »

Wow, that spider scene sounds pretty cool.  However the bee thing just grossed me out.  Anyway, i went to both of those sites and got nowhere..tried to do a search at galaxy and found nothing.  i probabaly did it wrong.  As you can tell, I am not computer literate...how do i access imdb...Thanks for the info...wow the guy at the constrictor site is a bigger snake fan than I am.  
I will try again.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  snake attack « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.