Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:09:32 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  snake attack « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: snake attack  (Read 27866 times)
Squishy
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2001, 01:10:32 AM »

Just go to http://www.imdb.com (don't forget to bookmark!).

In Galaxy of Terror's Links" section (click "Links" low on the left-hand menu, might need to scroll it down) you will find five or six sections to explore (click on each section name). "GoT"s own fan-art page is generally very nasty tentacle-hentai, but you'll find sites more to your interest in the Links.

My favorites: "Aaron's Damsels In Distress" a pretty innocent--but thorough--site on the subject at http://incolor.inetnebr.com/aradek/, lots of bikini-clad chicks in the suggestive clutches of cinematic boogeymen, likewise "Gaira's Womaneater Page" at http://gaira.scifi-fantasy.com/ (Gaira is the original, Japanese name of the human-gobbling Green Garantua in "War of the Gargantuas;" there was actually a crappy carnivorous-plant movie called "The Womaneater." Issues, we got isssues...).

As you bop from one site to another, you'll find even more links to check out. Good journey!
king
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2001, 01:57:36 AM »

Thanks for the information, i am going to investigate it and let you know what happens.  Hopefully, something good.  Hey, have you heard of the movie Killer Snakes,  never saw it.  Pretty obscure, supposed to be pretty good.  
Thanks again..
king
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2001, 02:37:54 AM »

wow, found the site -amazing.   went into imbd looked up "snakes"  found some amzing movies,  Amazon, Desparation,  and many more..these two were my favorites.  Desparaton, i think is coming to the theatres...it's by Steven King...Both movies sound pretty kick ass...full of snakes, spiders, scorpions...can you buy movies on that site?  Tried to see if i could no luck...Thanks again,,,i have to hit the sack now...will check in tmrw....Can't believe I have missed all these movies....I know most of the times the stories and attacks garbage,,,yet once and a while a winner...
Squishy
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2001, 06:03:37 AM »

"Killer Snakes" is actually in the GoT site (under "picture galleries"), if only for one special (naughty) scene; it's a Hong Kong thriller about a madman who turns his "pets" on his enemies.

The IMDb doesn't sell video directly, but if you select a particular title, say "(The) Reptile," you'll see a little grey chart on the right-hand side of the first page with clickable links to purchasing sources (if any are available) sorted by format (VHS, DVD, etc.). Be careful, the chart covers the US, England, and, uh, France? Heh heh, I don't recognize the flag. What can I say, I'm a product of the US educational system... There is also a set of links to check auctions and so forth for stuff that's out-of-print.
king
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2001, 11:55:26 AM »

hey, how are you doing?  Thanks for the info.   I am going to see if i can buy that movie on line.   I will let you know?  have you seen it?  
My friend just recommended a movie call The Naked Prey, said there were some amazing scenes in it.  I just rented it and will watch it tonight.  Have you heard of it or seen it?   I will let you know how it is.  
Thanks for the info.
Chadzilla
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2001, 12:58:16 PM »

just to round out this phorum

Desperation isn't a movie just yet, I think it's still in development hades (Mick Garris was set to direct, New Line Cinema was to fund and distribute).  But the novel features some really nasty scenes involving snakes, spiders, scorpions, and other nasty bug and slithery things.

Death Bite is the source novel for Spasms.  It concerns a larger than average Tai-pan snake getting loose on a college campus.  Spasms was as faithful to Death Bite and The Swarm was to its source novel, which is not at all.

The Snake by John Godey.  This one is a winner.  A Black Mamba gets loose in Central Park NYC during the summer and terror grips the city.  Good stuff, the snake is both a threat and yet oddly sympathetic (I mean it was smuggled in and is out of its element and doing what it does, it is not characterized as evil incarnate like the shark in Jaws or the squid in Beast)

On the visual end of the things...

No one mentioned the snake that swallows the school teacher in the second season X-Files episode Die Hand Die Vielest (I probably mangled that horribly but what the hell).

Also there is a new fangled monster snake movie with Robert Englund out called Python.  The snake is over a hundred feet long (it's genetically engineered) and should put the squeeze but good on some of its victims.

So it goes.
king
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2001, 11:09:58 PM »

Hey, I just saw an amzing movie called the Naked prey it is excellent.  I highly recommend it if you have not seen it.  has some amazing scenes including an incredible snake attack with a hooded cobra..The best i have ever seen so far.  This guy is tied down to the ground in surrounded by a ring of fire and a hooded cobra is let loose in the center the cobra freaks as does the guy, then the cobra arches itself up in defens and SMAK, GETS HIM RIGHT IN THE FACE...it was spectacular,,,got to see it if you haven't.  Also, the movie as a whole is excellent
king
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2001, 11:16:45 PM »

Hey, just saw an incredible movie called the Naked Prey.  Not only is the movie excellent,  It also has the most amazing snake attack I have ever seen.  This guy is tied down to the ground surrounded by a ring of fire a hooded cobra is let loose in the center of the ring.   The cobra cannot get around the fire and freaks as does the guy who is facing it.  The cobra arches itself up in defense and SMAK, NAILS THE GUY RIGHT IN THE FACE...got to see it!  A+.  Also, the movie is excellent as well great story and great scenes about 4 other snake scenes including snakes.  Yet, the 1 I mentioned is the best.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  snake attack « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.