Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:42:58 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Car Chase Picture « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best Car Chase Picture  (Read 4526 times)
Ringneck
« on: May 17, 2001, 06:10:02 PM »

Guys, of all the car chase/ truck smash'em up films made, what are your favorites.  mine are Vanishing Point(origional), Gone in 60 Seconds (origional), and White Lightning.  Ther VP remake was pretty good as far as remakes go, and Dirty Larry=Crazy Mary had its moments.   On a related question, what do you think was the best car chase in a film, outside of films that focus on them-- I vote for the remote control car/real car chase in "The Dead Pool" which was a hillarious spoof of the Bullit chase.  BradLaGrange
Fritz
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2001, 08:40:55 PM »

The best car chase by far is in the Jackie Chan movie Armour of God.
Abby
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2001, 12:33:28 AM »

Might be cliched, but Blues Brothers won my heart.
BrainMeister
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2001, 12:43:17 AM »

Without a doubt, VANISHING POINT.  And it was AWESOME on the big screen in the original theatrical release.  Went back to see it at a drive-in the following week with a date, too. What a film!
Andrew K
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2001, 01:25:31 AM »

Bullitt, definitely number #1 with a bullet.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2001, 07:21:39 AM »

Three words: Death Race 2000! One of the only movies I know of that combines car chases, sci-fi, political satire, AND splatstick comedy. Plus, how can you dislike a movie that has Sylvester Stallone calling a woman a "very large baked potato?"
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2001, 01:07:13 PM »

Good one, Vermin Boy!  Death Race 2000, Bullit, Blues Bros, ( I loved it when the Car died, And Elwood doffed his hat in respect), The 7 ups (Roy Schider cop flick), oh, and Joe Bobb Briggs once Monster Visioned a flick with a great chase involving Aliens in human form chasing an army convoy that had a tanker truck, and ended up with a car jumping up and nailing a chopper!...can not remember the name of that film!...Dang! Oh, and of corse Duel.
Ringneck
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2001, 03:17:25 PM »

Death Race 2000 should be on the list for sure, for the reasons given, and its a Stallone movie he didnt write himself (Only Jesus can forgive Rambo III).  I'm surprized two other Roger Corman movies didnt pop up though, "Eat My Dust" and "GTA".  EMD has some really good car chase moments in it, it knew what type of movie it was and didnt try to get ridiculous or over dramatic.  I still like "White Lightning" though for some of the great stunts Gator uses to get away like the jump on to the barge, or that little trick he played at the end.
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2001, 05:37:05 PM »

Blues Bros. and Road Warrior (that counts right?).
Scott
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2001, 08:01:14 AM »

Smokey and the Bandit
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Car Chase Picture « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.