Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:04:31 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Toon Characters Do You Despise?? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: What Toon Characters Do You Despise??  (Read 20505 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: December 12, 2002, 01:31:36 PM »

I watched "King of the Hill" last night for the umpteenth time.

I have never actually hated a cartoon character in my life until now.  
I mean, there's alot of cartoon characters we've all grown up with that we don't like (Scrappy Doo for instance, or one of the idiot Smurfs who never banged Smurfette when he had the chance or made a secret deal with Gargamel to take over) for some reason or other but we just accept them and go on with the show.  
Never in my life have I seriously not liked a cartoon character until now.  

I have to admit.

I HATE HANK HILL'S DAD!!!!!!!

Everytime an episode that seems to center on him airs, I shudder.

I hate this cartoon character!!!!!  

Cotton Hill must die!!!

If it isn't his ranting & raving, (which most men in their 70's don't do, cause usually their too old & tired like MY grandpa is...there are some exceptions though) it's his stubby short legs and black beads for eyes and a voice as caustic as battery acid that make me want to jump into the toon itself and put my hands around his throat!
I know you're envisioning it right now!

Hank himself runs a close second.  I'd shoot myself if I had a dad like him.  Always so overreactive about everything and totally happy and willing to be a pawn for Strickland Propane.  
To me, being the lackey of a dirty old man who happens to own his own business  and not owning a business of my own is nothing other than settling for second best in life.  
Not me!  
No sir!
He strives for good moral values but he's still a pathetic dimwit in my opinion.
And whenever he seems to be in the middle of anything even SLIGHTLY out of the ordinary he gives that usual "UUUhhh"!   Can you hear it in your head?  
I can!  
(reminiscent of Butthead..... yes I know, they're both voiced by Mike Judge)

As a matter of fact when I think about it, I dislike most every character in this show with one exception, Dale.

I can pinpoint why I like him the best.  
Maybe because he also seems to take things too far but still be likeable in the end.  
I dislike most every character in this show yet still I watch it.  
I think the reason I like it and hate it at the same time is because for every character in it, I know a person in real life who closely resembles them.  

I still hate Hank's dad.

Do you dislike any characters from "King of the Hill"?

What cartoon character do YOU despise and for what reason???

Post Edited (04-01-03 21:56)
Ash

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 01:39:00 PM »

I went to the I.M.D.B. and discovered that the character of Bobby Hill, Hank's son is voiced by a woman!

I had no idea!  Very convincing!

I don't like his character either.  

Too fat and a thin hair helmet.
frannie
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 01:56:35 PM »

actually i think most cartoon boy's voices are done by women.
Deena
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2002, 02:02:36 PM »

I never liked stupid Tom and Jerry.  They always annoyed the bejuzus out of me, even when i was a kid.  I mean come on, can't that idiotic cat catch a break or just give up?

Deena

Politics is showbusiness for ugly people
Ash

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2002, 02:10:46 PM »

I agree with you Deena....Tom & Jerry was one of the few toons I didn't like growing up either.

Ash

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2002, 02:10:50 PM »

Oops!  Duplicate post by accident!  Sorry!
Ash

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2002, 02:11:57 PM »

Proceed to next post!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2002, 02:22:09 PM »

Tom and Jerry is a tough one. I like the old, violent cartoons. They were funny. The politically correct ones from the 70s, where they're friends and never seem to get into any real conflict, are awful. The style was all cutesy and the stories weren't written to appeal to anyone over the age of three.

The cartoon characters I hate the most are the add-ons, the redundant characters thrown into a good show because somebody felt it needed improving. Scrappy was already mentioned. This could also include the talking animals ABC added when they adapted their hit sitcoms to cartoons in the early 80s.

Oh yes, and any of the creepy-looking, deformed characters in Nickelodeon cartoons.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ash

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2002, 02:36:27 PM »

Another toon I despise!!!

Just take a close look at the "Rugrats".

The mere sight of them makes me want to vomit!!  

Their dented and malformed heads have my guts churning.

Oh!!  

That did it.

Watch out!  

Here it comes!!

BBBLLLLAAARRRRPPPP!!!

"Ash to Housewares, clean up in aisle five!"
Creepozoid
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2002, 02:39:32 PM »

Personally, Ilove Hank's dad. He and Hank's moronic friends (especially the paranoid one) are what make the show.

And I hate nick shows too. I've been p**sed at that channel ever since they canned Rocko.
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2002, 02:45:37 PM »

Warner brothers, except for marvin suck in general.

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2002, 04:56:24 PM »

Agreed. I miss Rocko dearly-- Spongebob seems like a dumbed-down version of that show. I loved the episode where Filburt gets a fortune cookie that reads "Bad luck and extreme misfortune will infest your pathetic soul for all eternity."

Also, the more I get older, the more I find I appreciate Ren & Stimpy. The opposite seems to be true for Rugrats.

And I never have, and probably never will see, the point of Doug.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Funk, E.
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2002, 05:04:35 PM »

I absolutely despise Beavis and Butthead. They are evidence that civilization is in decline. Just the thought of them ... grrrrr!
raj
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2002, 05:26:18 PM »

True.  I tried watching B & B.  They are annoying, not funny.  I also hate Tom & Jerry.  It was always the same, and while Bugs usually got the better end of it, he would lose to the tortise.  i can't stand Family Guy or King of the Hill.  Why does Fox keep King on, and dump Futurama.  Oh wait, I guess I answered my question.  It's Fox.

The best quote I came across about Scrappy was on Jump the Shark:  Christ I hate that friggin' dog.
And I'm a person who loves dogs.  Just not Scrappy.

I also despise that overgrown mutant rodent Mickey.  He's always a bit too happy for me, I wonder what pills he's been popping.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2002, 05:54:50 PM »

I've always hated Tom And Jerry or any other cat-and-mouse duo. The poor cat is just tortured and abused because he does what cats do-CHASE MICE!

The one that always p**sed me off are the Trix commercials where those sadistic little bastards won't let the rabbit have the ceareal THAT HE'S THE MASCOT FOR! Not even at Christmas was he allowed to taste the forbidden fruity cereal that his own mug helped to sell.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Toon Characters Do You Despise?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.