Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:52:34 AM
712923 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Toon Characters Do You Despise?? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: What Toon Characters Do You Despise??  (Read 20495 times)
D
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2002, 05:15:36 PM »

Andy Campbell wrote:
> Hated 7-Zark-7 too. It's been a long time since I've watched
> Battle of the Planets, but I think the segments with Zark and
> the dog were added into the episodes when they were edited
> and dubbed for North American TV. Not sure whether a
> character was needed to set up the chopped up stories so
> they'd be understood, or somebody in charge just felt a cute
> robot would go over with the kids.
Both, actually. Zark was suppose to cash in on r2d2.

On bad characters, what about Scooby-Doo's family? I never cared for Scooby-Dumb, or yabba-Doo. Were there any other family members? And what about the Rasins? You know, the ones who hocked ceral?
Or how about Mr. T? I hated that little jackass who alwasy tried to talk like Mr. T. Come to think of it, i disliked most that cast period.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2002, 05:42:33 PM »

I always hated Scooby's hillbilly cousin as much as most people hate Scrappy.

And now, looking back, almost every cartoon I watched as a kid was homo-erotic or at least had a grown man in his underwear hanging around with a young boy. Masters Of The Universe, Thundercats, etc. And that brings me to that stupid little lardo cat that tawked wike dis. Why did they throw annoying comic relief into those shows? All I wanted to see was stuff blowing up and senseless violence, like all healthy, well-adjusted boys.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Evan3
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2002, 03:05:45 PM »

I am sorry, but Spoungebob is the worst show I think I have ever seen. It is like flashing images and annoying voices, vaguely using a plot. If u like pot, watch the Teletubbies.
I used to like Rugrats, but not anymore. The best Nicktoon ever was Rocco's Modern Life, no matter what anyone says.
Warner Brothers usually gives us good stuff, even now and days (like Animaniacs and the X-Men cartoon).
However... I always hated Tom, he usually instigated Jerry. Sue the mouse Jerry!!!!
I really dislike Futurama, I thought it was awful. Also, I dislike Space Ghost and this show Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Why ant the artist draw straight.???? Lastly, I really didnt like the Ninja Turtles. They arent that interesting. The bad guys were a little too stupid...... and all the movies but the second one were awful. Does anyone remember the cartoons of Ace Ventura or the Mask? They SUC
Oh yeah, South Park is the closest thing to Simpsons as far as cartoon greatness, but even that show has gone downhill
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2002, 03:50:22 PM »

I always hated Tom, he usually instigated Jerry. Sue the mouse Jerry

I think you have that backwards; Tom is the cat, Jerry is the mouse.

Like I said, their is no real protagonist in "Tom and Jerry"  The two do what they do for their own reasons that often bring them into conflict with each other.  IT's not as cut-and-dried as the Sylvester and Tweety relationship..  Sometimes Tom is really out to get Jerry, other times Tom is just minding his own business and Jerry gets antagonistic.  A good example is the episode where Jerry is sleepwalking and keeps doing things to hurt Tom.  However, there are a few where Tom uses Jerry as a semi-servant, especially when trying to impress girls, where Tom is definately the 'bad guy' to Jerry's persecuted 'good guy'.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
raj
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2002, 04:37:23 PM »

As far as Tom & Jerry, I'd much rather watch Itchy & Scratchy.  Short and full of gore and mayhem.  Maybe when the Simpsons retire, there'll be an Itchy & Scratchy show to replace it.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2002, 11:39:27 PM »

I think a better example of this "give and take" relationship is Foghorn Leghorn and the dog. With Tom & Jerry, no matter who the antagonist is, Jerry usually wins. In a Foghorn cartoon, they were always both out to get each other, and both wound up getting their comeuppance pretty evenly. Same deal with Spy vs. Spy (except when the Grey Spy is involved).

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Evan3
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2002, 03:09:14 AM »

Ah yes, Spy vs. Spy is great. Did you ever see the grey spy (a ladY) she always got them both.

Thanks for correcting my mistake Raj. But in any case, it seems to me that Tom (the cat) only uses Jerry to further his own ends (such as getting a girl, or the adults want Tom to get rid of mice or he is out). Even if he does instigate, he always gets the worst end. In one episode, Jerry and some little diapered sidekick break into a king's house, steals food, and causes Tom to be guillotened. What does Jerry do? Laugh! That is sadistic. How many times has Jerry got Tom evicted. Many. How many times has Jerry been kicked out? Never! Jerry is a cruel bastard. Almost every cartoon character feels remorse (even Bugs at times) but never Jerry. Jerry is souless.
Susan
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2002, 08:29:23 PM »

<< hate the simpsons>>

JR Wrote: -------Why? Did something bad happen to you that takes all joy out of life? Do you shun all that is good and decent? :) -----

I guess i'm just pure evyil.

Then again while I hate to make such a gender specific comment, maybe the show really is a "guy thing". And this being said from a woman who loves guy movies. Yep, i'm evil

I also hate tom/jerry and roadrunner/coyote (mainly because their lives seemed quite pointless and frustrating if not repetative)

I also hated Fat Albert, tho I liked most of the other junkyard...dogs was it? you never see that one in rerun

Sex kicks ass!
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2003, 03:43:08 PM »

I hate that mother$*%^ing rat Jerry! He's so mean to poor Tom! I just hope one day Tom will eat that goddamn mouse.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2003, 03:45:38 PM »

Scrappy Doo, I refused to watch Scooby Doo when that shrill, chemistry destroying dog turd showed up.  Still hate it.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2003, 06:21:52 PM »

Scrappy Doo is a given, and I'll go along with the "I hate Jerry" thing, although I also hate the friggin' cat. Pepe frikkin' LaPew....what the hell was the point of that? I can agree with the Frenchman as Skunk idea(this has nothing to do with the current political situation, it's much deeper than that). But, the damn thing wasn't funny, it was about a rodent trying to get laid, with disasterous results. I don't know about you, but that hits too close to home. Just too painful to talk about.

Aside from Goofy and Donald, none of the Disney Toons are worth warm p**s. Mickey's gay(and that's okay), Minnie is frigid, Pluto, okay he was cool. And I think they all suffered from obsessive/compulsive disorder...they're ALWAYS wearing gloves, the freaks.

Sylvester and Porky Pig...c'mon, frikkin' SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!! I'm not intolerant of those with speech disorders, we all have flaws and we all have problems, but DAMMIT PIG get the d@#$ out of you're mouth and sound off. Those two need to take the John Wayne Speech Therapy course as seen in The Cowboys.

You know how when a tv series runs out of ideas they bring in an adorable new character(Scrappy Doo, Cousin Oliver, The Olsen Demons)? Anyone remember The Great Gazoo, oh yeah, he sucked. Not only was he out of context, he was frikkin' unpleasent! And that wasn't enough for the Flintstones, nooooo they had to bring in The Scmoo!! What the hell was that about? What was it? A Ghost? Looked like a big honkin' wad of....wad!!! Then, they had the low-rent, knock-off Addams Family move in next door. I gotta go take a Xanex and lay down now.

Post Edited (04-01-03 17:24)

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Funk, E.
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2003, 06:25:09 PM »

Whoever replaced Invader Zim! f**king Nickalodeon!
hollywood bill
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2003, 07:51:46 PM »

Definatly one to make you think, but i can think of a few off the top of my head:

-Fred- (scooby doo): that god damn scarf wearing pansy who never made a pass at daphanie during the whole show

-Scappy doo(scooby doo) : that little mongrel was the down fall of the series in my opinion. Every time he spouted off "Puppy Power" I wished Shaggy would have just kicked him right in the monsters mouth that he was barking at.  No offense dog lovers

-Eric the Caviler- (From the Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon)- Awesome series, but at a few Eric extreme ego mixed with his incredible whinning and cowardise made it a painful performance to watch(he was the one with the shield)

"There he goes, one of God;s own prototypes. Some strange, high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, to rare to die."
       -Raoul Duke ( Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2003, 10:46:46 PM »

Wow!  Look at the date when I originally started this thread!  (12-12-02)

It's been resurrected from the ashes!!

Someone's been doing a little digging in this here phorum!!

Post Edited (04-01-03 21:51)
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2003, 01:58:37 AM »

Brother Ragnarok wrote:

> I don't watch too many toons these days.  I do go out of my
> way to watch Courage the Cowardly Dog, though.  I love that
> show.

AMEN to that, Brother! You aren't the only one....Here's my website devoted to Courage, the only one that's been visited, approved, and endorsed by Courage's creator John R. Dilworth:

Courage The Cowardly Dog

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Toon Characters Do You Despise?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.