Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:15:13 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Toon Characters Do You Despise?? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: What Toon Characters Do You Despise??  (Read 20579 times)
OfftheWall
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2002, 06:12:30 PM »

On the pro side to me anyway, without Beavis and Butthead we'd never of had Daria which I feel was one of the greatest (if not the greatest) none Music Televison thing, their cartoons ususally weren't that bad, i recall a really cool one called Oddities "ThE HEAD" in which this guy had an Alien living in his head.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2002, 06:17:54 PM »

The main disney characters are the worst.  They're a bunch of easily drawn, easily animated squeaky imbeciles.  With the exception of Donald (who was a grouch), there wasn't an ounce of personality among them.  What makes me even madder is their immense popularity.  To paraphrase Bart Simpson: I didn't think it was physically possible, but the main Disney characters both suck and blow at the same time.

wheresthecarrot:  I completely disagree with the Warner Brothers comment.  While I could have lived without Sylvester, Tweetie, and Pepe LePew, the stuff WB did between 1941 and 1955 was no less than the funniest stuff ever animated.  It is funny to kids and adults, it is both violent and child-appropriate at the same time, and it is rooted much further back in our history than that chirping, gyrating mouse.  Buggs Bunny himself is a white, urban, Yankified version of Brer Rabbit, an oral tradition going back to the African tribes and brought to this country by the slaves.  WB's characters were the most imaginative, best animated, funniest, and culturally relevant cartoon characters ever.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2002, 06:55:42 PM »

I could never really identify with the Disney toons as a kid either. I think part of it, inconeivable as it sounds, was lack of exposure. While Mickey, Minnie, et al were undeniably omnipresent, I didn't really get a chance to see much of their actual cartoons (I didn't get cable, so no Disney channel, and there weren't that many tapes of them available in the late 80s). I didn't have anything against them per se, but I looked at them as more advertising logos than anything else (which is really what they are). The Looney Tunes, however, were readily available in their raw, uncut glory at the time, and in many ways shaped who I became. Looking back at them, one of the most remarkable things about them is what BASTARDS most of them are, yet still remain likable. Back in the day, Bugs, Daffy, and the rest were out-and-out antiheroes. I especially love the one where Bugs meets Little Red Riding Hood, and eventually teams up with the Wolf because Red's so annoying.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
ABPOS
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2002, 08:45:42 PM »

ive always hated jerry from tom & jerry.  tom is always minding his own business when jerry strikes an attack. i wish tom would win just once. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!?!?!

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2002, 08:53:49 PM »

tom is always minding his own business when jerry strikes an attack.

Not always, it's pretty fairly balanced.  It's definitely a more dynamic relationship then Sylvester and Tweety or The Road Runner and Wile. E. Coyote, that's for sure.  No definite good guy or bad guy.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Creepozoid
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2002, 09:08:20 PM »

Joe Bob wrote:
>
> ive always hated jerry from tom & jerry.  tom is always
> minding his own business when jerry strikes an attack. i wish
> tom would win just once. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!?!?!

You know. That reminds me-I ALWAYS ROOTED FOR THE BAD GUYS WHEN I WATCHED TOONS AS A KID.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2002, 10:03:59 PM »

Creepozoid wrote:
<<-I ALWAYS ROOTED FOR THE BAD GUYS WHEN I WATCHED TOONS AS A KID.>>

Me too. I was behind the Blockheads on Gumby and other trouble-makers because they usually had more character in their toenails than the good guys. Gumby and Pokey are idiots and deserve to die the worst deaths imaginable.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2002, 10:43:55 PM »

I have always hated Mickey Mouse. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I also can't stand any of the characters from Hay Arnold and Doug. I can't put my finger on it but I just can't stand them.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Megafury
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2002, 10:52:59 PM »

Lisa Simpson, I hate how she's too liberal but I'm actually getting bored of the newer Simpsons shows.

Snady in Spongebob, Spongebob is really a good show, I was surprised that I started liking it but Sandy is a boring character there though.

Rocket Power ,Wild Thornberries, new Rugrats, I hate all the characters in those shows now.
JohnL

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2002, 03:07:21 AM »

>Do you dislike any characters from "King of the Hill"?

Yes, Bill. He's stupid and annoying.

>Do you dislike any characters from "King of the Hill"?

As is Bart Simpson.

>The one that always p**sed me off are the Trix commercials where those
>sadistic little bastards won't let the rabbit have the ceareal THAT HE'S THE
>MASCOT FOR!

I always felt the same way. They ran a vote once and the rabbit won and actually got to eat one whole bowl of Trix.

>I especially love the one where Bugs meets Little Red Riding Hood

My favorites were always the Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde ripoff, the one with the mad scientist and the monster and the one with the gangsters. "Would I turn on the gas if my good friend Rocky was in there?", "Hmm, could be rabbit, could be."
Foywonder
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2002, 03:57:03 AM »

Spongebob...somebody explain to me why there are actual adults who enjoy that show. My niece and nephew subjected me to an episode once and it was 30 minutes of nails on the blackboard will having bamboo shafts stabbed under my fingernails.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2002, 04:44:48 AM »

<>

Pot.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Ken Begg
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2002, 10:25:31 AM »

Yes, this is so their voices won't change if the show lasts more than a year or two.

Bart Simpson being an obvious example.
Flangepart

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2002, 11:42:30 AM »

Warner Brothers Toons are the best! And The gang at Termite Terrace is a panthion, with Chuck Jones as the Ghod.
Jabberjaw......Scrappy doo, Scobby doo doo.......The original Justice league with kids....there are so many to hate......
And Disney toons were cool...if they were in the "Disney Comics and storys" that i read when waiting in the doctors office as a kid. Who was the artest and writer of those? He made the Disney characters fun to read. Carl Barks! Thats the guy!
Hummm....okey. How about movie toons?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2002, 01:05:17 PM »

I forgot one, Cow and Chicken. That is one of the most disturbing cartoons I have ever seen.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Toon Characters Do You Despise?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.