Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:49:23 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Toon Characters Do You Despise?? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: What Toon Characters Do You Despise??  (Read 20574 times)
KJ
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2002, 02:35:36 PM »

All Klasky Csupo cartoons (Rugrats, Thornberrys, Rocket Power) annoy the p**s out of me. Mainly it annoys me that Nick fills up a majority of their programming with them, while genius shows like Invader ZIM are shoved out of the limelight.
Deena
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2002, 04:44:43 PM »

You know, I've always liked the gumby show and still do.  But I agree that Gumby sucks!  It was all Prickle and Pokey.  The best Gumby show was one where Goo (the blue girl thing) dropped her hankie and Gumby and Pokey fought over who got to pick it up.  In the end, Gumby (that poophead) beat the hell out of Pokey and gave Goo her hankie back.  Has anyone else seen this one?  I swear I am like the only one who remembers it.

Deena

Politics is showbusiness for ugly people
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2002, 05:32:57 PM »

I saw an incredibly disturbing Gumby episode a little while back. Gumby gets mad at Prickles for flirting with Goo (or something), so they agree to a duel. Prickles shows up with a sword... And Gumby's weapon IS A TRAIN! Gumby proceedsto chase Prickles around, threatening to run him over, laughing maniacally all the while. Actual (paraphrased) dialog:

Prickles: Gumby, stop! I'm running out of breath!
Gumby: Had enough, eh? (laughs, continues chasing Prickles with the train)

All throughout the episode, I kept expecting the "violence isn't the answer" speech, with Gumby and Prickles reconciling their differences... BUT IT NEVER COMES. Gumby somehow ties up Prickles with the train, wins back Goo, the end. This wouldn't have been half as disturbing if it were done for laughs (a la Loony Tunes), but the whole thing was strangely straight-faced. It seemed like it was actually saying, "Violence IS the answer, kids. If you percieve that your friend has slighted you, run him down with a train, and all will be righted." I like Gumby and all, but damn, that was disturbing.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
BlackAngel
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2002, 06:36:25 PM »

Doug, The Rugrats, Arnold (basically all Nick 'toons) all of which sucks, That goes without question.

Other rants
Power Rangers-every incarnation, from the original, to the movie, to the these new beast rangers--thay still suck.

Disney-not so much Mickey and the rest of the anti-christ corrupting the minds of kids.  But the sidekicks, especially Iago from Alladin.  The voice is like listening to the combination of a scratching blackboard and a very bad hacking cough.

Thundercats-more specifically, Snarf.  Do not let that...that THING talk.  Every sentence has to end in a "snarf-snarf" and all he can do is talk, run and hide.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
And may the Schwarts be with you.
Megafury
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2002, 02:01:02 AM »

Orko sucks in He-Man, he's like Snarf

New Transformers sucks too cuase of the kids that look like they came from Digimon, another horrible cartoon

Spongebob still rules! **smokes pot, oh no wait, it's not pot, it's just salad**
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2002, 03:02:16 AM »

>Invader ZIM

I always preferred Alex Mack.

>Power Rangers-every incarnation, from the original, to the movie, to the these
>new beast rangers--thay still suck.

I agree. I watched a few of the original episodes just for Amy Jo Johnson, but the show was incredibly stupid. As were the clones, like VR TRoopers, Masked Rider, etc.
yaddo42
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2002, 07:25:54 AM »

Pixie & Dixie. HB cartoons sucked anyway most of the time, but I hate "meeces to pieces" too because of this cartoon. Leave Mr. Jinx alone.

Always hated Bevis and Butthead, I went to high school with too many people who were just like them. They never realized the characters were versions of themselves. "King Of The Hill" gets on my nerves, never could make it through an entire episode. I hate Mike Judge's animation, and all the voices he does. Pathetic.

Jabberjaw. Wow, a shark that sounds like Curly from the Three Stooges, how original.

Grape Ape. I swear he was retarded and not just a simple gentle giant the way the cartoon wanted him to be. I'm waiting for some twit in Hollywood to try a CGI big screen remake......
Susan
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2002, 10:15:16 PM »

From this point on i take the risk of being ostrasized but I hate the simpsons. have a cow man.

I hate the original daffy duck of early years. Too much cocaine and far too much like woody woodpecker who I also hate(i always liked the more cynical daffy that came in later years)

I hate astro from the jetsons. And Dino, and most cartoon dog pets that serve no purpose. I also hate cartoon laugh tracks

Nickelodeon Nightmares
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2002, 11:48:32 PM »

I was flipping through one day, and had the misfortune of resting my clicker-finger on a channel playing Generation O! Some of the most repulsively drawn-characters I've ever seen, with grotesquely large lips and teeth that remind me of the most vile racial caricatures of years past. And oh yeah, Hey Arnold! also sucks.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2002, 12:07:46 AM »

<>

Why? Did something bad happen to you that takes all joy out of life? Do you shun all that is good and decent? :)

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2002, 12:16:51 AM »

The Simpsons is, and always will be, the best thing on T.V.

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2002, 02:04:58 AM »

I don't watch too many toons these days.  I do go out of my way to watch Courage the Cowardly Dog, though.  I love that show.
As for toons I hate, Doug can jump up my butt, and I agree with everyone who can't stand the damn Rug Rats.  Ugh.  
The new Transformers Armada brings out my urge to kill quite strongly, although the comic book it's based on is tolerable.
And I also hate Buddy Lee with the burning passion of a thousand Chernobyls.      I know he's not technically a cartoon, but I think puppets and dolls with personalities, like ventriloquist puppets, are in the same vein.

Brother R
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2002, 08:44:10 AM »

Okay, these are the little f*%kers I hated as a boy:

Does anyone remember Godzooky from Godzilla? God, even as a kid I hated that little bastard. '' Look he's blowing smoke rings at the 100ft energy sucking monster, that'll help. '' Oh, p**s off. I bet Godzilla even detested him.

Uni from Dungeons and Dragons was another useless twat. What could he do?Venger should have made some magical glue and dog food out of him.

And don't get me started on that R2D2 rip off from Battle of the Planets, 7 Zark 7. What in Gods name was the point of him or his stupid f*%king  robotic dog?
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2002, 02:16:05 PM »

Oooooo...Godzookie. I hated him. I could somewhat accept the idea of Godzilla hooking up with the crew of a research vessel (an idea ripped off by the more recent Deanzilla cartoon), but what was the point of Minya's retarded brother? It's another example of the thinking at that time that all cartoon adaptations needed some form of animal comic relief. Godzookie belongs in that part of Hell occupied by the likes of Mr. Cool from the Happy Days cartoon, Squealy from Laverne and Shirley, and that stupid alien dog from the Mork and Mindy cartoon. I can't even remember his name. The show sucked so badly, it was gone in no time.

Hated 7-Zark-7 too. It's been a long time since I've watched Battle of the Planets, but I think the segments with Zark and the dog were added into the episodes when they were edited and dubbed for North American TV. Not sure whether a character was needed to set up the chopped up stories so they'd be understood, or somebody in charge just felt a cute robot would go over with the kids.

Funny, as a kid, I always hated the characters who were thrown in to appeal to me. The cute talking animals, child sidekicks and other critters obviously didn't belong in those shows.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2002, 03:16:42 PM »

I only remember two things from this one.

The cheesy opening theme music.  

And Mr. T swinging a crocodile around in the air by it's tail in the intro.

HAHA!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Toon Characters Do You Despise?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.