Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:55:41 AM
713402 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Futurama" US DVD Release « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Futurama" US DVD Release  (Read 2312 times)
Squishy
« on: December 12, 2002, 05:02:08 PM »

Someone asked me, a while back, if this series was ever coming out on DVD in the US (it's already on Season Two release around the world). I said it was unlikely to come out for a long time in the US because of silly self-imposed rules protecting syndication.

I'm happy to report I was wrong. The "Futurama" Season One DVD Set is scheduled for release in the US in March. Very few online retailers are taking orders yet, but  fans should keep their eye or eyes peeled.

The video game also comes out in March, I believe.

Can't Get Enough Futurama!
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2002, 02:44:41 AM »

also the family guy is coming as well that makes two straight weeks I'll be broke this spring
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2002, 03:13:17 AM »

Fox still has a full season of unaired episodes but they choose only to show reruns. Futurama is a pretty expensive series, so if I were in charge new episodes would be advertised and shown immediately.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2002, 05:29:09 AM »

Actually, a couple of unaired eps HAVE shown--finally!--in the past few weeks, between bouts of repeats. The long-awaited "The Route of All Evil" and the surprise fan-hit "Jurassic Bark" (hey, I don't make the titles, folks) have played. "Route" actually walloped the ABC and NBC Christmas-special programming, coming in second only to "60 Minutes." (Next week, though, it's another rerun; a schedule is available through the CGEF link in the first message.)

CGEF also mentioned that May or June is the rumored "cut-off" date at FOX for actually cancelling the show. (It's technically "on hiatus" now, until they burn off the "backlog" of unaired episodes--which explains all the reruns, I guess. 9_9) If you watch it and like it but haven't written to save it, now is the time to do so. FOX hates the show and wants it dead, in spite of its worldwide popularity (Why? Your guess is as good as anyone's), but with "girls club," "Firefly," "Fastlane," and most of FOX's new programming crashing and burning spectactularly in the ratings, perhaps they can be convinced (somehow) that Success is better than Not Success. (Sure, it's a no-brainer to you--but this is FOX we're talkin' about.)
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2002, 08:08:00 AM »

Like I said, it's pretty expensive. But if FOX actually wanted it so succeed, they'd air it in primetime, on a day when it won't be pre-empted by football and give it decent advertizing. Methinks perhaps they just let Groening make the show to fill out his agreement, then dumped it to make sure The Simpsons, the only big hit they have, stays put.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Ken Begg
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2002, 10:22:25 AM »

Unfortunately, while the show hasn't officially been cancelled, all the writers and animators were let go last season and have largely moved on to other projects.  In other words, at this point Fox probably wouldn't be able to bring the show back even if they wanted to.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2002, 11:50:16 AM »

Fox entertainment division.
Where brain cells go when they die.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2002, 02:07:43 AM »

Like I said in another post; Fox is run by idiots.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2002, 02:31:42 AM »

That's great news. Now we just need Fox to get off their asses and give us some Tick DVDs (the animated version, natch, but the live-action episodes could make good extras).

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Futurama" US DVD Release « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.