Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:53:26 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PETA supports terrorism! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: PETA supports terrorism!  (Read 7005 times)
frannie
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2002, 12:38:34 PM »

wheresthecarrot wrote:
>
> And since when does an animal not being naturally occurring
> species make it and o.k. thing to treat them like crap?

When did i ever say that?  my whole rant has been against the crazy peta people.
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2002, 01:42:23 PM »

It wasn't necessarilly directed towards you...My point being that just because we domesticated a bunch of animals in no way makes it okay to keep them in the current factory farm conditions they live in.

I don't necessarilly agree with all of PETAs views on animal rights, but they are one of the hardest working animal rights groups out there...people always focus on one idea that they don't agree with, or the "crazy ones" and decide the whole organization is nothing but a bunch of hippie loonatics running around with big signs.  The fact of the matter is, along with some of the "out there" views that some people may hold in PETA, they still have a lot of good in them, and will continue to get my support until something better that is equally as powerful comes along.  It's pretty silly to discount the entire organization because of a few people or things you don't agree with...so what if it's laughable that chickens are noble animals...does the fact that they are not make it any better to torture them for their whole life?  Rather than get caught up in all of the details you may not agree with, try focusing on the overall message....People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals....I would hope that most people would also be for the ethical treatment of animals....I would suggest that anyone wishing to attack any group of people not only do a lot of research about what the group stands for, but also what it is they are fighting against.

"Anybody want a peanut?"
frannie
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2002, 06:43:42 PM »

have you looked over their manifesto?  90 % of their ideas would be classified as crazy.  they're currently sueing the california milk board because commercials that feature talking cows are "false advertising".  for christs sake!  they're talking cows, of course the commercials aren't intended to be serious.  don't eat meat because it causes cancer.  so does eating vegetables, drinking water and breathing the air but nevermind those.  don't hunt because the deer have enough to worry about in nature without getting shot.  such as disease and overcrowding due to a lack of other predators.  never mind that hunting is regulated in an attempt to keep animal populations from becoming too large or too small.

how many peta members would demand that they or their family members die instead of taking a life saving drug because it was tested on a rat first?
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2002, 07:33:41 PM »

Sigh, I have nothing more to say...I've devoted years and years of research, time, and energy into the animal rights issue.  Inevitably, I've learned that you can try to educate people all you want, but if they aren't ready to listen then it's pointless.  Say what you want about PETA, they're 90% good people supporting a worthy cause.  If more people had their kind of drive and devotion, maybe the world would be a better place.  Unfortunately, apathy is a powerful sedative, and denial is an even more powerful halucinogenic.

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Funk, E.
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2002, 12:39:35 PM »

Hear Hear! Fight the good fight Carrot! It's just like the south getting a bad rep because some of the people who live there are white superemists. Most of them are decent, kind people.

Reminds me of a joke:

The Irish are some of the kindest, warmest most generous Catholics you'll ever meet.
The English are some of the most gentile, polite and generous protestants you'll ever meet.
Together they make lousy Christians.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2002, 01:35:51 PM »

wheresthecarrot wrote:
>
> Say what you want about PETA, they're 90%
> good people supporting a worthy cause.  
>

The problem is that other 10%, they and their goofy antics get most of the press, so it is that behavior that people equate with PETA and not the no doubt good they do.  Of all the media stories I have seen about PETA only ONE was a favorable story, the others were just their goofball antics, so this organization has some PR problems (and I don't buy the 'media needs to play fair' line, it's all about getting attention and ratings - what sells gets aired, period) and it needs to get around those problems before I stop thinking about them as a bunch of arrogant nutjobs, and this coming from a moderate that wants humane treatment of animals and applauded Safeway for firing a meat supplier when notified of said suppliers abusive and inhumane practices, but all other reports/commentaries of PETA focus on their attention grabbing stunts, harassing innocents consumers (protesting children singing the Oscar Mayer jingle), and off putting statements (i.e. inferring that a rat's life is more important than a cure for cancer, or something similar).  That being said, real change is being brought about, so for that we should be thankful,

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2002, 06:09:08 PM »

Agreed. I just wish the nutjobs would go away. They arn't needed, they draw attention from sensable people, and they can be dangerious.
I like animals, i see no reason to be unduly cruel. Its getting agreement on just what defines "Unduly" that is the problim.
Flangepart: Planning to hunt deer, next year. And Turkey....don't forget the turkey....hey, i only hunt whats Kosher.....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2002, 06:35:36 PM »

The problem is that other 10%, they and their goofy antics get most of the press, so it is that behavior that people equate with PETA and not the no doubt good they do.
*****  Agreed.  I'd be all for legislating better conditions for farm animals, even if it raised the price of meat a little.  Outlaw veal?  Fine with me.  I think it's wrong to wear the fur/skin of an animal unless the rest of it is used for meat or something (nobody eats mink meat).  I'd even support stricter guidelines for using animals in laboratory tests - especially those involving animals whose reactions will not be comparable to humans.  

All that said, I wouldn't give PETA a red cent.  Not ever.  Two reasons:

1)  The loonies would get some of that money and put it toward their bizarro agendas.

2)  Their methods.  I don't like fur coats any more than PETA members.  BUT, throwing paint on an old woman??  What a gutless, cruel, stupid thing to do.  As someone on this board pointed out, PETA will get my respect when they start throwing paint across the leather jackets of 6'5" 250 pound bikers.  Anyone who goes outside the law to meet their agenda is missing the point of democracy.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2002, 12:20:41 AM »

I will most cerainly agree with you on those points....I think throwing paint on fur coats is terrible...it makes it so the animals life is completely wasted....I just didn't want a bunch of people jumping all over PETA as a whole, because they really do have some good causes and good people working really hard....but I agree, the "nut-jobs" need to go.  If they did, I would have to spend so much time defending PETA...I wish they could see that they are actually making things worse instead of better....  : /

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Funk, E.
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2002, 05:49:52 PM »

Dano has a point... and worse still the wack jobs discredit good work done by the others. PETAs credibility and effectiveness is being sabatoged by the attention grabbing a***oles.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PETA supports terrorism! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.