Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:59:46 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite bands « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Favorite bands  (Read 14035 times)
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2002, 06:12:50 PM »

Anything that i enjoy quickly becomes a favorite....among them....Slayer, ICP, Phish, Diecast, Hatebreed, Tool, Soulfly, Throwdown, Shadows Fall.....I love metal and hardcore, but I also love some "hippie" music too.....also, a lot of classic rock....ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath...CCR....

Right now I'm huge into Meshuggah and In Flames

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Funk, E.
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2002, 07:17:13 PM »

Spinal Tap rocks, dude! ;-)
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2002, 08:00:15 PM »

Nerf herder is another one I forgot to put on the list :)

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2002, 09:09:27 PM »

systemcr4sh and Brian Ringler pretty much nailed it! I also enjoy Sham69, the Pogues, Stiff Little Fingers, and the greatest punk/Oi band ever...the Dropkick Murphys!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2002, 12:21:12 AM »

May I also mention GWAR....one of the most entertaining shows I've ever been to, though, I can't say much about talent...but with them, it's just not the point.  Anytime in the same show a bunch of dudes wearing ridiculous amounts of spikes and armor kill Mike Tyson, Ossama Bin Laden, George Bush, and a giant dinosaur eats the pope...plus everyone get sprayed with mass amounts of fake blood while thrashing about in a giant mosh pit.....count me in!

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2002, 03:59:47 AM »

Deej wrote:
>
> systemcr4sh and Brian Ringler pretty much nailed it! I also
> enjoy Sham69, the Pogues, Stiff Little Fingers, and the
> greatest punk/Oi band ever...the Dropkick Murphys!
>
>

Speaking of bands like that I'll add Flogging Molly, best live show ever was catching them at warped tour minneapolis while it was pouring rain, best thirty minutes I've ever had at a concert and believe it or not that actually made up for the fact that NOFX and the rest of the bands after Flogging Molly didn't play because the rain was too bad.
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2002, 04:07:07 AM »

Ever since I read about the Pogues on Teleport City, I've been hooked.  Shane is definitely one of the best damn lyricists ever to put pen to a whiskey-soaked bar napkin.  If you haven't already, you should try tracking down Streams of Whiskey, their live record that was released over the summer.  The original cover art looks like a liquor bottle lable.  I picked it up right away because it was only in print for about a week.  It was released again a few months later with a cover that looks like, of all things, a stream of whiskey.  It's one of the funniest records I've ever heard, I'm damned if I can understand 10% of the words, but the spirit is all there.

Brother R
frannie
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2002, 12:43:47 PM »

they are the whole reason i bought tix to both warped shows in SF over the summer.
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2002, 04:11:16 PM »

Here goes:

Sick Of It All
CapDown
Rocket From The Crypt
Five Knuckle
Ramones
Imbalance
Dead Kennedys (not the new fake ones though)
Pennywise
NOFX
50 Caliber
Propagandhi
Special Move
Will Haven
Good Riddance

Some of the above are small British hardcore bands so it's fairly likely noone on this board's heard of them. But then again a huge grin sprouted on my face whenn I noticed that Dan's listed my new favourite band SEND MORE PARAMEDICS . Take what would usually be called bad lyrics (all about zombies and the like), bad vocals, throw in some fast guitar and the odd cheesy Slayer-type riff and it all rots together to form a really amazing album.

If anyone wants recommendations or anything about any above bands, fell free to mail ( uncoolpete@hotmail.com ) me, or I'm on MSN messenger too.

Pete
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2002, 04:24:36 PM »

Sorry to double post, but I really feel the need to include Wesley Willis in there too. Anyone who dosen't know who he is needs to download a song right now. There's like 700 to choose from. You can check a video of his out HERE.

Pete

"Rock over London, Rock on Chicago. Badmovies.org: A website to the detriment of good film"
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2002, 06:12:04 PM »

Ah, yes, Wesley Willis. I should add to my list the whole subgenre of "outsider" music: Wesley, Wild Man Fischer, Hasil Adkins, the Legendary Stardust Cowboy, the Shaggs, Shooby Taylor... All seem to be a few fries short of a Happy Meal, but all are strangely fascinating. You can find out more at www.keyofz.com

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2002, 07:22:05 PM »

Pete B6K wrote:
>
> Sorry to double post, but I really feel the need to include
> Wesley Willis in there too. Anyone who dosen't know who he is
> needs to download a song right now. There's like 700 to
> choose from. You can check a video of his out
> HERE.
>
> Pete
>
> "Rock over London, Rock on Chicago. Badmovies.org: A website
> to the detriment of good film"

You can edit your own posts so you shouldn't need to post twice if you just wanted to ad him to your list
Evan3
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2002, 01:04:14 AM »

I am about to buy two CDs including Third Eye Blind and The Strokes. I am also considering Dashboard Conffesionals.
In my opinion the worst band is a tie between 311, Avril Levigne and Alanis Morrisette. They are all hateful or hypocritical or overrated.

As for British bands who is that guy who tears off his skin in the music video? Also, there is some interesting British rap band on Coldplay's web site. Check it out. (I hate Coldplay for the record)

Another amazing foreign artist is the Greek singer Despina Vandi. I also enjoy Rammstein a lot.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2002, 03:03:16 AM »

I like just straight-ahead old school punk or indie rock. Stuff that's made by a bunch of guys in dingy t-shirts with beat-up instruments.

The Ramones, The Replacements, Cheap Trick, The Cramps, Nirvana, The Damned, everything by the Goo Goo Dolls before they went soft, Rancid, The Cure, the Voo Doo Glow Skulls, Bad Religion (ignoring the lyrics), Los Straitjackets, etc. I Think I just used my quota for "the". I must recommend the album Stay What You Are by Saves The Day. If you don't get hooked to every single song you may not have a pulse.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
frannie
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2002, 01:26:33 PM »

J.R. wrote:
>> Bad Religion (ignoring the lyrics),

How can you ignore the lyrics?  They are one the few bands out there that actually put some intelligent thought into what they write about
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite bands « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.