Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:39:18 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite bands « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Favorite bands  (Read 14033 times)
Brother Ragnarok
« on: December 15, 2002, 05:06:10 AM »

So, since that Rob Zombie thread turned into a discussion of all things metal and just in general rockin', what's anybody's favorite band around here?
For metal I'm partial to Strapping Young Lad, Napalm Death, White Zombie.  Mortician is fun on occasion.  Just picked up a My Dying Bride record which kicks ass.
For industrial, Skrew, N-17, and Rorschach Test are quite yummy.
I'm a huge fan of Clutch, the Pogues, and a band which many of you may not have heard of called Tanglefoot.  They are some of the best songwriters I've ever heard ,and I strongly encourage anyone who likes accoustic, fiddle-filled folk music (and even those who don't) to check them out.  Mannheim Steamroller, Apocalyptica, the Galactic Cowboys.   The list goes on.

Brother R

There are two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 06:22:14 AM »

I don't have a fav band but my favorite current song is "Poem" by Taproot.

This song is unique on their album.

Everything else they do is an "Alice In Chains" clone.

I never have a favorite band.  
It changes so often.

Been listenin' to a  little old "Anthrax" (State of Euphoria) and "Bolt Upright" (Red Carpet Sindrome) lately.

Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 09:37:23 AM »

Favorite bands?

Hmm...probably "Rush" as a band, maybe "Weather Report","Yes", and "Dream Theater".  Most musicians I like are, well..musicians.  John Patitucci, Charles Mingus, Count Basie, John Coltrane

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 12:18:48 PM »

Shadows Fall, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Motörhead, White Zombie, Amen, The Misfits, Megadeth, Beyond The Embrace, System Of A Down, Nevermore, and (of course) METALLICA.

I've also been getting into Queens Of The Stone Age, Fu Manchu, Warrior Soul, and Brand New Sin lately.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
ABPOS
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2002, 01:58:42 PM »

I just got into metal a couple years ago, so dont know half the names u guys r saying. anyways, my favs now are: Cradle of Filth, Emperor, Hecate Enthroned, and Satyricon. I also love Mushroomhead, but theyre not metal. And flame me all u want, I will always love Marilyn Manson

When I die, I want to die like my grandmother who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.
Scottie
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2002, 03:25:44 PM »

I am very partial to just about every band that came from Seattle in the early 90's grunge movement, and the rock that came from Chicago and California in the same time. I hated the pop at that time however. New Kids on the Block can die under a rock, and Kriss Kross can basically do the same thing. But bands like Soundgarden, The Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against the Machine, No Doubt (old style No Doubt, not new pop No Doubt), Weezer and Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains, they all make up most of what I listen to.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2002, 03:58:34 PM »

Basically, anything they don't play on the radio: Frank Zappa, They Might Be Giants, Devo, The Bonzo Dog Band, Deadbolt, and Weird Al are probably my faves. Bands I'm not yet sure whether I'd put on my all-time faves list, but who I've been listening to a lot lately are the Cramps, the Monks (an AMAZING garage-rock proto-punk group from the 60s), Jonathan Richman, the Residents, Mojo Nixon, early punk, and the Shaggs ;).

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
WQ
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2002, 04:07:36 PM »

I am very partial to the classics, so some of my favorites include The Kinks, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Byrds, Cream, Moody Blues, The Who, Pink Floyd, Genesis (Gabriel era only), King Crimson, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Bob Dylan (not technically a band, but still good), Jethro Tull, Jefferson Airplane, Donovan, Ranaissance, Van Der Graaf Generator, Curved Air, Blood Sweat and Tears, The Residents, Frank Zappa, The Velvet Underground, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Animals, and many others I can't think of right now.
Evan3
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2002, 06:09:30 PM »

I know I will be in s**t for this but....
I enjoy Eminem and Britney Spears and Green Day and Smashmouth
and I am Proud
I also like
Fatboy Slim
John Mayer
Dashboard Conffessionals
The Strokes
The BEATLES
Squirrel Nut Zippers
Louis Armstrong
Linkin Park
System of a Down
Disturbed
ELO
and Tchaikovsy
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2002, 06:56:22 PM »

Hey, Evan, it's cool. I have the following artists in my CD collection:
George Thorogood
Everclear
Scatman John
Methods Of Mayhem
Limp Bizkit
Papa Roach
Kittie
KISS
3 Doors Down

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2002, 10:44:25 PM »

Everything that has been mentioned here I love. I also love Mudvayne, The Flower Kings, Apples in Stereo and the list goes on and on

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2002, 11:53:40 AM »

I like so many different kinds of music but most are just different styles of punk and power pop and the like:

Millencolin
Send More Paramedics (Awesome british hardcore/metalish band with extreme heavy infulence from Return Of the Living dead, almost every song on the album has some reference to the movie, Awesome!)
Reggie and the full effect
They Might Be Giants
Gob
The Ataris
Lagwagon
Nofx
Big Wig
Strike Anywhere
Misfits
CKY
Groovie Ghoulies
Mr T Experience
OZMA
AFI
Reel Big Fish
Less Than Jake
The Vandals
H2O
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
Thursday
Bad Astronaut
Goldfinger
GlassJAw
De La Hoya
Rival Schools
Desaparecidos

Way too much more to continue the list

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
frannie
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2002, 01:56:12 PM »

sticking with the punk/ska thread:

bouncing souls, anti flag (which is where my whole PETA insanity originated), bad religion, aquabats, flogging molly, millencolin, less than jake, and various local bands (brodys, the kgb, solemite, etc.)
WQ
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2002, 03:26:12 PM »

"Jethro Tull, Jefferson Airplane, Donovan, Ranaissance,"

Um, sorry that's *Renaissance*.
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2002, 04:42:44 PM »

Way too much more to continue the list"systemcr4sh wrote:
>
> I like so many different kinds of music but most are just
> different styles of punk and power pop and the like:
>
> Millencolin
> Send More Paramedics (Awesome british hardcore/metalish band
> with extreme heavy infulence from Return Of the Living dead,
> almost every song on the album has some reference to the
> movie, Awesome!)
> Reggie and the full effect
> Gob
> The Ataris
> Lagwagon
> Nofx
> Big Wig
> Strike Anywhere
> Misfits
> CKY
> Groovie Ghoulies
> Mr T Experience
> OZMA
> AFI
> Reel Big Fish
> Less Than Jake
> The Vandals
> H2O
> And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
> Thursday
> Bad Astronaut
> Goldfinger
> GlassJAw
> De La Hoya
> Rival Schools
> Desaparecidos
>
> Way too much more to continue the list
>
>

Since his list almost completely parallels mine I'll quote his.  I'm also a huge Mindless Self Indulgence, Nerf Herder, Zebrahead, and Jamiroquai fan and a little of everything here and there, I sometimes will break out the old school Dre and Snoop and other rap cds to help me relive jr.high and high school days.  Also throw in some hardcore punk bands as well, Filth, This Day Foward, Walls of Jericho, Songs of Zarathusia (SP?) and last but not least a good share of songs from musicals all the way from Singing in the Rain up to Newsies.  

It's funny when people who don't know me ride in my car, I have a MP3 cd player in my car and I put the thing on random, one song will be punk, next jazz, next a song from a musical, next 70's rock, it really screws with people
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite bands « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.