Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:29:51 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite bands « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Favorite bands  (Read 14040 times)
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2002, 02:32:44 PM »

amen to that!
Bad Religion are awesome.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2002, 09:13:08 PM »

Well, their assertions that all Christians are evil morons is a bit innocuous to me. I love punk music, but I try not to pay too much attention to the lyrics because they're usually "America is evil, f**k the system, conservatives need a bullet in the head" rants sung by 18-year-old nitwits.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Deena
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2002, 10:29:30 PM »

wheresthecarrot wrote:
>
> Anything that i enjoy quickly becomes a favorite....among
> them....Slayer, ICP, Phish, Diecast, Hatebreed, Tool,
> Soulfly, Throwdown, Shadows Fall.....I love metal and
> hardcore, but I also love some "hippie" music too.....also, a
> lot of classic rock....ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Black
> Sabbath...CCR....
>

I like how Phish is in there with all these metal bands.  It just shows that everyone loves a good hippie.  =0)

Deena

Politics is showbusiness for ugly people
Evan3
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2002, 10:41:50 PM »

Hey, I am an 18 (actually 19) year old conservative. Not all of us are twits. You old fogey.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2002, 11:29:25 PM »

Wow... For me it's just the opposite. I can take or leave punk music, but love the energy and stage presence. To me, the Sex Pistols and the Dead Kennedys would be nothing without Johnny Rotten or Jello Biafra. Personally, as much as I hate "back in the old days" speeches, I think we could stand to take a cue from the days when punk was a movement instead of a sound, and included people like the Talking Heads, the Cramps, and Devo.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2002, 11:53:07 PM »

JR, what punk do you listen to? Most punk bands I know of sing/scream about getting drunk, kicking ass, and how much the entire WORLD sucks...

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2002, 11:58:39 PM »

<>

There is a lot of good stuff like that, but way too many punk/indie bands get really political. Some start out pretty neutral then suddenly make a political diatribe, like Pennywise. I've actually been to a few shows where the singer sermonizes about the evils of capitalism or religion or something more than playing actual songs.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Pancho
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2002, 12:27:51 AM »

Before I go into my take of punk rock I'll put some bands up.  Currently playing in the background is Nirvana (classic, what more can be said?). Also good; Sublime, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, The Doors, Nothingface, Thursday, Bad Religion, Pantera, ok..... I'll stop.  About punk and messages in music, to me the message is the most important part of a song.  If a song doesn't have anything to say it's nothing.  Remember, punk started as a movement, a rebellion even, so punk should have something to say.  That's just me though.
Iressivor
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2002, 12:42:08 AM »

I'm not a huge music buff myself; I haven't even heard of half the bands listed on this thread, but at the risk of being flamed, I'll volunteer my particular favorites.

Creed
Aerosmith
Linkin Park
Dave Matthews
Alanis Morisette
Avril Levigne
Blues Traveler
The Calling

...among others.
Iressivor
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2002, 12:56:27 AM »

Bryan Adams is another big one on my list.  I grew up listening to his tunes.  I also kinda dig Pink's music as well.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2002, 07:57:09 AM »

No offense but most every band or singer on your list, Irressivor, comtribute to the death of all that is good in this world.

Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2002, 01:43:16 PM »

I've spent the last years listening almost exclusively to Pink Floyd and REM. Don't hear much music lately, but I've discobered myself toying with the idea of buying the last Travis album, after I watched one of their concerts on TV.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2002, 05:58:04 PM »

Maybe it's all in the way you listen to the song. It's been my experience that everyone has their own personal punk rock. For some it's the hair or the clothes, some like the political message, some like anger, or humor. I like it all(not the political stuff so much). If there were a rule book or "punk" cards or a definition, that would pretty much defeat the whole purpose. I hope this doesn't come of as rambling, but  anyway...makes sense to me....I think

PS I like Pink too(for purely non-musical reasons)

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Iressivor
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2002, 07:13:57 PM »

"The Ramones, The Replacements, Cheap Trick, The Cramps, Nirvana, The Damned, everything by the Goo Goo Dolls before they went soft, Rancid, The Cure, the Voo Doo Glow Skulls, Bad Religion (ignoring the lyrics), Los Straitjackets, etc."

Yeah, and I'm sure all these guys are just the pinnacle of morality as we know it, huh?  God knows I wouldn't be caught dead listening to any of them.

No offense.
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2002, 07:57:02 PM »

Ooh, handbags at 10 paces.

But seriously, dont insult the Ramones. It's just uncalled for.

I think when J.R. they 'contribute to the death of all that is good in the world' I think he meant in a musical sense, not morally.  I just don't think he, and I have to agree with him this time, is a fan of commercial 'rock'.

But then on the other hand I couldn't possibly listen to a band whose lyrics I strongly disagree with.  The lyrics are an intrinsic part of the music.  Most of the music I listen to has something to say, and the rest is just fun.

"I've actually been to a few shows where the singer sermonizes about the evils of capitalism or religion or something more than playing actual songs."

Be careful not to listen, you might learn something.

Pete
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite bands « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.