Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:23:17 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  where's the dvd? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: where's the dvd?  (Read 5879 times)
Nemo2342
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2002, 01:22:37 AM »

Brian Ringler wrote:
>
> My waiting list contains these films:
>
> Rest of the Killer Tomato movie (why is part 2 the only one
> on dvd?)

Yes yes yes! I own Return on DVD, and Attack and Strike Back on VHS. But I can't stomach $30 for Eat France :(
Susan
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2002, 02:12:42 AM »

>>"Time After Time" and it is out on DVD<<

Ah thanks, that's the one. I don't know why I always go blank on the title of this one but i'm probably one of the few out there who liked it, I always had a thing for time travel movies - the few that are out there. Off topic I also liked "Millinium" (even tho i can't spell it!) ;-)

JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2002, 12:39:42 PM »

>Ah thanks, that's the one. I don't know why I always go blank on the title of this
>one but i'm probably one of the few out there who liked it, I always had a thing for
>time travel movies

I liked Time After Time too. I'm also a big fan of time travel movies. I even liked the TV movie of The Time Machine that came out in the 80's.
Susan
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2002, 04:35:02 PM »

I don't know that I saw that movie from the 80's, tho I would think I have since i used to love watching tv movies back then (don't so much anymore).Didn't see the new Time Machine Remake, just couldn't bring myself to do it. If done well time travel can be a very intresting and thought provoking topic. I just hate movies that depict it as simple without thought, because in fact if you do go back in time then it would seem fate is already laid out for you and it would go on for infinity. You begin to wonder if everything you do is truly spontanious or predestined. While I can't say much for some movies the "Terminator" gives you that sense at the end when you see everything she went through had already been done before (when the boy takes her photograph we see earlier in the film)

JohnL

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2002, 08:23:39 PM »

>I don't know that I saw that movie from the 80's, tho I would think I have since i
>used to love watching tv movies back then (don't so much anymore).Didn't see

I only remember a few things about it; the star was a scientist working in a lab and his time machine looked like something out of the Buck Rogers TV show, with a triangular base. I also remember that he went back to the old west at one point.

>time travel can be a very intresting and thought provoking topic. I just hate
>movies that depict it as simple without thought, because in fact if you do go back
>in time then it would seem fate is already laid out for you and it would go on for
>infinity. You begin to wonder if everything you do is truly spontanious or
>predestined.

What are some of your favorite, obscure time travel movies besides Time After Time?

I like;

Diaster In Time/The Grand Tour
Time Rider
Susan
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2002, 09:06:54 PM »

>>I only remember a few things about it; the star was a scientist working in a lab and his time machine looked like something out of the Buck Rogers TV show, with a triangular base. I also remember that he went back to the old west at one point.<<

Triangle..hmm..sounds very 'land of the lost'..lol. I did watch the "voyagers" tv series back then. Just don't think i recall that movie. liked "Quantum Leap" too.

>>What are some of your favorite, obscure time travel movies besides Time After Time?<<

TERMINATOR..Oh, you said oscure..heh.

MILLENIUM.. as boring as some parts are I actually did like it. Yeah, i'm the one

"THE TIME MACHINE" (classic that is).

12 MONKEEY's was highly fascinating..the time travel part anyhow. ;-)

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN (haven't seen it in ages tho)

Donnie Darko actually presents some very interesting ideas on Time for a film. Most go for the gimicky "back to the future" fun but I always like it to be more dark, eerie, with a sense that if time travel were possible it would leave very little doubt that we would live in a world of inevitability in that maybe every decision we make is predestined. In away it makes you wonder how much real control we have over our future if that is the case.

JohnL

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2002, 10:09:34 PM »

I wouldn't really consider any of those obscure. :)

I loved The Final Countdown, especially the scenes of the F14's playing with the Japanese Zeros.
Susan
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2002, 10:53:11 PM »

Ok..obscure. Um, I remember seeing one about the bermuda triangle opening some portal in time but I forgot the name of it. ;-)

I think i'd have alot of fun nitpicking at time travel in movies. The "Superman" sequence always bugged me when he saved Lois. Hmmm, that's two movies where christophere reeve did the time warp

JohnL

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2003, 10:56:44 AM »

>I remember seeing one about the bermuda triangle opening some portal in time
>but I forgot the name of it. ;-)

There have been a couple like that. There was Fantastic Journey where they ended up stranded on an island with time portals on it, which was also a series. There was a boring one that the SFC shows every now and then where a husband loses his wife overboard, finds her on an island like a week later and she has a 10 year old son. The one with Puke Larry, I mean Luke Perry has them finding a cruise ship and when they eventually get rescued a couple days later, you hear a news broadcast that they were reported missing like 5 years ago.

In fact, most of the Bermuda Triangle movies have some elements of time travel in them.
Susan
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2003, 11:02:22 AM »

Fantastic Journey is the one I'm thinking of, tho a few bermuda triangle movies were spawned from the 70's era. I also try to avoid the Sci-fi channel. They really don't have that many captivating shows (that overly advertised spielberg one for example was a dissapointment for me. Not the amazing stories but the new one, Taken)

It's interesting how time travel has been associated with the bermuda triangle, probably based on the mysterious (or not so mysterious) dissapearance of vessels. I think i saw a show that said it could be due to something under the water with strong magnetic features affecting the electronic systems on crafts. They also showed some kind of, what appeared to be, large blocks of stone aseembled together that looked like a road. No matter, the mystery of it all is what made me always want to go there as a kid. I still kinda do. ;-)

JohnL

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2003, 11:38:10 AM »

>Fantastic Journey is the one I'm thinking of, tho a few bermuda triangle movies
>were spawned from the 70's era. I also try to avoid the Sci-fi channel. They really

Yes, there was one I saw late one night that really creeped me out. In the end, all but one of the events had a rational explanation, but while watching it, you don't know that and all this weird stuff is happening, like a body appearing to float in one of the cabins.

>don't have that many captivating shows (that overly advertised spielberg one for
>example was a dissapointment for me. Not the amazing stories but the new one,
>Taken)

I kind of liked it.

>It's interesting how time travel has been associated with the bermuda triangle,
>probably based on the mysterious (or not so mysterious) dissapearance of

I seem to recall seeing a special on it and one of the incidents they mentioned was a squadron of planes disappearing in a fogbank during the war and reappearing like 3 days later. Planes don't carry enough fuel to keep them in the air for 3 days and even if they did, they would have flown out of the fog long before that.

>They also showed some kind of, what appeared to be, large blocks of stone
>aseembled together that looked like a road. No matter, the mystery of it all is

I never saw that!

>what made me always want to go there as a kid. I still kinda do. ;-)

Me too. :)
Susan
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2003, 09:33:38 PM »

>>>They also showed some kind of, what appeared to be, large blocks of stone
>aseembled together that looked like a road. No matter, the mystery of it all is

I never saw that!<<

Yeah, some show where scientists went to try to uncover the mystery. But they pointed out from certain areal views you could see the paved "road" under the water that stretched for miles. They speculated the fabled city of atlantis. ;-)

Fearless Freep

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2003, 09:39:21 PM »

In fact, most of the Bermuda Triangle movies have some elements of time travel in them.

Then there's The Dark Side Of The Moon where you just feel like you've been lost in time by the end

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
JohnL

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2003, 10:28:35 PM »

>Yeah, some show where scientists went to try to uncover the mystery. But they
>pointed out from certain areal views you could see the paved "road" under the
>water that stretched for miles. They speculated the fabled city of atlantis. ;-)

Weird, I never heard of that.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  where's the dvd? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.