Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:16:26 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Names « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Names  (Read 11958 times)
Perk
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2002, 10:43:24 PM »

Well my name's Jason Perkins and my friends name is Jason Kral and our other friends name was Jason Meyers and then there was Jason Henry, Jason Watson, Jason Evans, and Jason C.  Well whenever at least two of us were around each other someone would say "Hey Jason."  and we would all turn around.  So we decided to call each other by other names.   I got Perkins at first since it was my last name, but then somewhere along the line it got shortened to Perk and it stuck.  So whenever someone calls my room and asks for Jason my roomate(jason Henry) and I have to ask which one and sooner or later they learn the nicknames too.
Evan3
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2002, 10:46:02 PM »

Well, I must say, this is the only board or anything I actiually use my name on. I just thought Evan3 sonds cool and cyborgian. Anyways, I usually go by E666Marveldark. Too much typing I guess.
Nemo2342
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2002, 11:02:32 PM »

Ok, here we go:

Nemo (pronounced Nay-mo) is Latin for  noone or nobody.  I used Nemo as my name back in Latin class, so when I needed a new online handle I tried to use it again. Unfortunately it was taken, so I added numbers to it (yeah, I know I know). 23 is a holy number for Discordians, and 42 is of course the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Or I could lie and tell you that Nemo2342 means that I'm the 2,342nd "no one" on the Interweb ;)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2002, 11:11:34 PM »

Nemo (pronounced Nay-mo) is Latin for noone or nobody

So *that's * what  "Bingo was his Nay-mo" is all about!!!

23 is a holy number for Discordians

Never name your metaphysics something that sounds like the punch line for a bad musical instrument joke

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2002, 11:21:20 PM »

When I was 10 or 11, my cousin and I were pretending to be superheroes using whatever we could find as a costume. The only mask I could find was of Mickey Mouse, and "Vermin Boy" was the most intimidating superhero name I could think of that would relate to it.

If anyone cares, my real name's Oscar. I have the same problem Deena described whenever watching Sesame Street or the Odd Couple (and that one Olsen Twins Halloween movie I saw when I was young, which featured a midget clown named Oscar).

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2002, 11:53:02 PM »

Deena wrote:
<>

Same here. Whenever someone on TV is talking about the "Who shot J.R.?" storyline from Dallas I think the TV's talking to me. Also, there used to be a wrestling announcer who went by the initials J.R., so I'd flip over and hear, "What do you think about that move, J.R.?". It freaked me out. I guess if your name's Mike or Joe you get used to it.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2002, 11:55:46 PM »

I'm trying to start a band with my friend Jason. We both e-fed (fantasy wrestling; the wrestling fans of the board know what I'm talking about), and his most used character has been Jason Crow. The band we're trying to start we've named The Family Crow, and our members will be doing a Ramones-ish move and share the last name "Crow."

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Pancho
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2002, 12:21:52 AM »

Pancho of The Cisco Kid and Pancho fame.  My buddie's the Cisco Kid and I'm Pancho Villa.    "OOOOOOOOOH CISCO"    "OOOOOOOOH PANCHO" Man, does that p**s people off during midterms.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2002, 12:58:37 AM »

It's a pun I used for a mixtape several years back.  It included the song "L.A. Woman", in which Jim Morrison used the anagram of his name Mr. Mojo Risin'.  I think the word "mofo" is hilarious (mostly because it was used in an old SAM & MAX comic book), so a quick bit of word play was in order.

I'm no big fan of Jim Morrison, but I like the joke.  That and having people refer to me as Mofo cracks me up.  I also use the name for most computer and video games.

Interestingly enough, there is another Mofo Rising out there.  Apparently he makes DJ-type remix MP3's.  No idea how he picked out the name, although I have my suspicions. . .

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Iressivor
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2002, 01:16:52 AM »

My screen name comes from the main character of one of my novels.  I'm working to become a fantasy writer, after being inspired by R.A. Salvatore, who in turn was inspired by the man himself, J.R.R. Tolkien.  

The name itself came to me when I was playing Myth: The Fallen Lords, an old PC strategy game to which I was addicted for a year.  At the time I had been searching for a suitable name for my novel's main character, as well as a suitable screen name for Myth TFL.  I was just playing around with the letters on my keyboard when...boom...there it was.  I've used it as my screen name ever since.
JohnL

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2002, 03:48:08 AM »

When I started posting here, I just used my first name because I was tired of thinking of usernames. Not too long ago someone registered the name "John" (I notice he hasn't posted anything), so I just added the first letter of my last name to it.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2002, 01:54:22 PM »

Well, um, I guess it's obvious when I tell you my real name is Rebecca (Like, who'd have guessed?)

Yeah, maybe I should be embarassed at not being more original.  This just seemed like the place to use it.

I wore out my T-shirt that said "I want to be Ripley when I grow up".  

And JohnL:  I was expecting some sort of "Buckaroo Banzai" link there.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2002, 02:31:38 PM »

I think out of all the males on here that you're girl # 3.  (Deena & Frannie are the only other women I can think of)

Welcome!!

ahab
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2002, 03:21:28 PM »

My real name is josh and I got ahab from a friend of mine a few years ago. i can't really remember what we were talking about but she compared me to Capt. Ahab and i liked it so i chose it as my screen name either ahab or ahab52. 52 was my football number.

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
frannie
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2002, 03:57:40 PM »

actually i'm a dude.  name is brian.  last name is francis which is where frannie comes from
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Names « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.