Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:55:55 PM
714240 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  American Cyborg « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: American Cyborg  (Read 1661 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 22, 2002, 02:23:51 PM »

I guessed the ending's "surprise revelation" about thirty minutes into the movie.  This is never a good sign.  Nor is it a good sign when the bad cyborg can blast people left and right, but misses the female hero every single time.  And there are multiple opportunities for him to shoot her.

For those who have not seen the film:  in the future all of mankind is sterile, except for one woman.  She has conceived, but instead of carrying her baby in her womb, it is placed in a container.  There are multiple scenes of "fetus in a jar" when she takes it out to feed or look at it.  She has to get the bottled fetus across the ruined city to escape on a boat to Europe.  A killer cyborg is after her, while a rogue warrior boy is helping her.  There are cannibal mutants, drug users, and various gangs roaming around too.

I have been picking good films to watch, with themes for Katie's pregnancy.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2002, 10:31:47 PM »

My thoughts on AMERICAN CYBORG: STEEL WARRIOR taken from my 2nd ever NOWFF column:

I also still remember AMERICAN CYBORG: STEEL WARRIOR. This movie played in a local theater for exactly 3 days!  It opened on Friday with a notice next to it stating that it would close on Monday to make room for HOUSE PARTY 3!  Now AMERICAN CYBORG was a Golan-Globus production and even had a trailer in front of it for another fine Golan-Globus production, Chuck Norris' HELLBOUND.  HELLBOUND was, basically, the Chuck Norris vs. Satan movie!  I will speak no more of it at this time because to say anymore would require me to recall the actual film and I have attempted to block it from my memory.

I've already said too much... Dear God, no... Memories of bad movie returning... Wimpy devil guy getting kicked by Walker, Texas Ranger... Gratuitous wisecracking, stereotypical, black sidekick... Pointless 15-minute chase through the back alleys of Tel Aviv to capture the street kid who picked his pocket... No more! The pain!!  Back to the nether regions of my subconscious, foul beast!!

Wheew!  I'm better now.

Anyway, if you miss the first 5 minutes of AMERICAN CYBORG, then you miss one of the movies only two plot points.  The plot had something to do with terminator rip-offs enslaving mankind and not allowing the birth of "human" children.  Some glam-rock looking wasteland warrior has to protect some chick with a baby from this cyborg with a Susan Powter haircut.  The production values in this one make Jean Claude Van Damme's CYBORG look like TITANIC.  In fact, the fight choreography in AMERICAN CYBORG is so horrendous it makes the fights in the old Santo movies look like CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON.  There were six people in the theater before the movie began and only three when the movie ended.  Sadly, I was one of them. And yet, I can recall this movie going experience with more clarity than I can any number of other major Hollywood releases.
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2002, 03:22:14 AM »

Wasn't the original title of this mess "American Cyborg 1: Steel Warrior?" With the number in the title? Or am I thinking of another trash-heap? That was overly optimistic...kinda like "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins."

Wanna make yourself scream? Check out director Boaz Davidson's rap sheet at the IMDB. Sweet Zombie Jesus...
Foywonder
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2002, 04:38:39 AM »

I think you're thinking of AMERICAN KICKBOXER 1 which was bold enough to put the #1 in its title assuring you there would be a sequel whether you wanted it or not. There was never a numberal in AMERICAN CYBORG: STEEL WARRIOR's title.
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2002, 06:27:51 AM »

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Heyyyyy, my Boaz Davidson link didn't work! Seriously, just look him up at the IMDB. He's currently producing a lot of pure crap; both "Spiders," both "Crocodile," both "Octopus" (ugh, only "Spiders" comes in the plural, this is monkeying with my head), "Replicant," "Ticker," "Derailed"--and right now he's working on "Air Marshal" (oooh) and...OMG...

..."Jurassic Shark."
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2002, 04:01:07 PM »

Oooooohhhhhh, Steve Alten's gonna be p**sED when he sees that, being that JURASSIC SHARK is his big, high concept selling line for his never gonna happen movie version of his own Megalodon thriller MEG.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  American Cyborg « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.