Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:35:23 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  AIP War Movie, What was the Title? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AIP War Movie, What was the Title?  (Read 2954 times)
Ringneck
« on: May 21, 2001, 06:27:24 PM »

List.  On AMC's AIP documentary they showed at least one B&W war film the studio made.  What was the title of this one?  Was apparently in black and white as I stated above, and used stock footage for an invasion scene.  Need help on this one if anyone out there has teh answer

BradLaGrange
Cosmicman
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2001, 10:16:12 AM »

I'm sure it's not the one you are talking about, but I do know of one AIP war movie titled "Jet Attack," about the Korean war, released in 1958.   I know there were others, but that's the only AIP war film I can name off the top of my head.

Kevin
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2001, 10:44:23 AM »

Could use some more clues. What war? Any stars? Air or Ground? Stuff like that.
Ringneck
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2001, 03:14:36 PM »

Sorry for hte lack of details. I'm nearly 100% sure this was supposed to be a WWII movie set in Europe (just saw clips of it on that AMC documentary), but I guess it could have been Korean (the stock footage of Amphibious landings being Inchon in that case).  Black and white, used stock footage to show an amphibious landing, and apparently had a flame thrower used in at least one segement.  WOuld like to give more details, but really thats all I saw.
Ringneck
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2001, 03:15:30 PM »

Kevin, thanks for the info, a movie I will definatley look for even if it isnt the one I was looking for.
Cosmicman
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2001, 04:11:18 PM »

You can find some material on "Jet Attack" in the Medved book, Fifty Worst Films of All Time.  The movie stars John Agar, and it came to mind because the script was co-written by Mark Hanna (Not of this Earth, Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman), also my friend, the late Arthur Pierce (who was a combat cinematographer in the Pacific in WW II) had a hand in the script, uncredited for it however.

If you want to look through AIP film titles for war movies, check out this link:

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Arkoff,+Samuel+Z.

Hope that helps a little.

Kevin
Cosmicman
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2001, 04:20:39 PM »

It might be:

Suicide Battalion (1958)
Submarine Seahawk (1958)
Lost Battalion (1961)
Paratroop Command (1959)

Those are a few I came across. Also, you might want to cross-check here for AIP films:

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Nicholson,+James+H.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  AIP War Movie, What was the Title? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.