Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:12:29 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Movies for Xmas « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B-Movies for Xmas  (Read 2461 times)
Tyler
« on: December 27, 2002, 09:58:15 AM »

Just wondering what B-movies everyone got for Xmas.  I got:

1.  Dead Alive
2.  Return of the Living Dead
3.  BatThumb
4.  FrankenThumb
5.  Manos: Hands of Fate (MST3K version)
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2002, 10:44:40 AM »

I got the Something Weird Double Feature of "Hercules Against the Moon Men" and "The Witch's Curse," plus "Even Dwarfs Started Small" as an early present, and "The Young Ones: Every Stoopid Episode" (Not exactly a b-movie, but it's been mentioned around here).

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2002, 11:32:10 AM »

I got The Terror VHS, Devil Bat VHS, Better Off Dead (love the movie alot, but the dvd is extremely bare bones), The Exorcist DVD, and Hell Night DVD.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
StatCat
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2002, 11:43:30 AM »

I usually just get cash which I then go and spend on movies or other things. I can tell you what I have recently purchased the past month or so though:

dvds

- What have you done with solange?
- Zombi 3
- Zombie 4 (how could  I resist this crap, maybe someday I'll do another review here for the great zombie 3)
- Psychomania
- watch me when I kill
- the Black cat/the fat black p***ycat
Scott
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2002, 12:11:26 PM »

Ah man , you lucky ducks. I didn't get any films for Christmas.

HERCULES vs THE MOON MEN  - Would love to see this film and the rest of the Hercules films.

THE TERROR - Starring Boris Karloff is oddly one of the films that I like. Watch for the floating castle rocks at the end. There is something about this movie that I enjoyed. Roger Corman directed the film.

DEVIL BAT - I liked this one also with Bela Lugosi and the use of perfume.

PSYCHOMANIA - One of my all time favorite films. Was able to see this film again this this year. Always wanted to see it again because I remember parts of it when I was younger around the mid-70's.

If I were to get films for Christmas I would get:

Zombie
Motel Hell
Psychomania
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Return of the Living Dead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Magnificent Seven
Wild Angels
The Wild One
A Fist Full of Dynamite
Coffin Joe Trilogy (never seen this one)
Tombstone
The Mission
Dr. Strangelove
Abbott and Costello Movies
Easy Rider
Dracula 1972
Conan the Barbarian
Stripes
Star Trek (original series)
Godzilla (and other japanese films of the like)
Andy Worhols: Frankenstien
Vampyre Lesbo
Emanuelle
It came from Outer Space
Earth vs the Flying Saucers

Well the list goes on and on, but these are the first to come to mind.
frannie
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2002, 01:30:10 PM »

no bad movies this year but i did get band of brothers, and LOTR: extended eddition.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2002, 01:35:08 PM »

The only "bad" one I got was:

THE PEOPLE THAT TIME FORGOT

The good ones included:

LOTR:FOTR Collectors Set
BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF
THE VIKINGS
WENDIGO
Foywonder
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2002, 02:43:12 PM »

UHF DVD

And a friend of mine as a joke gave me a copy of some old martial arts movie called BLOOD OF THE NINJA that he bought at a dollar store.
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2002, 04:25:13 PM »

I got WEST SIDE STORY! Huh, whats that about? I think I mentioned like twice thats its an alright film and then, instead of the list of like 12 options for DVDs I like, I got West Side f**king Story. Its not that bad, but its not one I'd ever buy. Methinks it may be going back.  But then about midday on Christmas I bought Story of Ricky and Sword of Vengeance on DVD to feel better.

Pete
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2002, 07:17:56 PM »

I actually haven't reeled in all my presents quite yet (I have lots of family and we can never see each other all at the same time), but for films so far I've gotten Spider-Man (not exactly a b-movie, but it still gets my vote as one of the best movies ever), and the Transformers Season 1 box set.  I did get a really cool Italian import Army of Darkness shirt from one of my friends, though.
As for that getting people crappy things from pawn shops thing, I love doing that.  I gave several of those this year, including Snow: 12 Inches of Snow (Yeah, the white Canadian rapper, you read that right), You've Got Mail, New Kids on the Block: Hangin' Tough, and something from the detested Media Releasing company called Ninja Mission.

Brother R
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2002, 10:21:14 PM »

I got several bags of cookies, three squeezable jars of Mayo, and two extremely large(and hard to conceal) summer sausages...NO FRIGGIN' Movies though! That's cool though, I love my loved ones(obviously) but their taste in movies sucks!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Scott
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2002, 09:28:10 AM »

WEST SIDE STORY is one of my favorite films. MAN OF LA MANCHA is another good musical.

Stay away from CANIBAL THE MUSICAL, it sounded great, but was just plain stupid in my opinion. It rates right up there with WORMS.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Movies for Xmas « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.