Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:57:08 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Minority Report « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minority Report  (Read 1546 times)
Scott
« on: December 31, 2002, 12:15:32 AM »

Just viewed MINORITY REPORT. Why are these futuristic films using blue lighting in alot of their scenes. Examples are GATTICA, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, and now MINORITY REPORT. It is really annoying look for a film.

About the film MINORITY REPORT I thought it was ok, but in the end it was nothing special and won't be seeing it again. Just another film. It kept my attention, but it didn't do anything for me. Didn't inspire me and it didn't make me say "Wow". It left no reason to view it a ever again.
I_Luv_Dolma
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2002, 02:22:26 AM »

Minority Report=Awful Film.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2002, 04:02:37 AM »

I liked it a lot, but the more I thought about it the more plot holes I spotted. And why is the future always dark and raining? Is it never a sunny day? Or are all futuristic movies set in Seattle?

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Evan3
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2002, 01:13:36 PM »

I have to disagree with you here. First, Minority Report was fast paced and well acted very rarely found in science fiction movies.

While the visual effects werent amazing, they were creative, like the cars going down the building, the camera angle for the spider scene, and the way they looked at the future on that screen were amazing.

Also, this did what most don't, they make you think. Just because you know something will happen in the future does it mean you have the right to change it? Is a person's destiny fixed? Is the need for society greater than individuals?

I thought it was a really good movie. Better than Road to Perdition. Plus, I didn't see any plotholes.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2002, 05:50:14 PM »

Evan3 wrote:
<>

I'll give you the worst hole: It is said that pre-meditated murders and murders of passion are represented by differently colored balls. But the murder committed by the pre-crime boss was obviously premeditated, so it should have been that kind of ball, with his name on it, because he had planned it out.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Neon Noodle
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2003, 09:34:57 PM »

<>

**SPOILER ALERT*****SPOILER ALERT*****SPOILER ALERT***

True, but this was explained by the 'echo' theory. And since he had full access to the previsions (Anderton wasn't in the program at that time), Lamar Burgess could've ditched any of the colored balls they produced.

I thought this was a pretty good movie because it showed the importance of interpretating events from multiple angles. Sure, one would assume that on first glance of  the previsions, Anderton would have absolutely no reason to kill Leo Crow. However, the previsions never showed the pictures on the bed and the rage he kept inside himself for years toward his son's kidnapper. But when this information is revealed later in the film, we can see Anderton's actions in a whole new light.
Minority Report (IMHO) serves to remind us not to be so quick to condemn the accused unless all facts are presented and examined. It's entirely too easy to jump to a conclusion when only one side of a story is told, hence why juries have twelve people and not one person with a halo.
Okay, soapbox time over.
Chris K.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2003, 02:20:09 AM »

Despite the great 2.39:1 scope photography and good acting, MINORITY REPORT really falls down from all the hype it recieved. Sure, some critics said great things about it, but they seemed to be more impressed with the visual impact rather than the story. The story was indeed original, but it could have easily been used for a half-hour episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE or THE OUTER LIMITS if it were concieved at that period.

Another disappointment was the future set design. Jesus, do all modern future films have to be shown as a technological nightmare. And the blue optical haze was really dull and overused. And while MINORITY REPORT seems to be Steven Speilberg's return to sci-fi/fantasy, the results show that he has really lost his touch.

The last problem was the 149 minute runnung time. It could have been wrapped up better with a time of 120 minutes. And that ending, again Speilberg does the same he did with ARTIFICAL INTELLIGENCE. He just adds on a happier ending. By doing this, it just defeats the film's message. For once, can Speilberg just end a film with a grim and disturbing scene and have it end that way. It would have been more thought provoking and insightful.

But like I said, MINORITY REPORT is best served as a TWILIGHT ZONE episode. A 149 minute film is just too much! It wasn't bad mind you, it just could have been shorter and could have had a much better ending.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2003, 02:40:55 AM »

I don't know.  I thought it was alright, I guess.

Of course it didn't live up to my expectations, but there was no way it possibly could.  I'm a huge Philip K. Dick fan.  I'm always waiting for some movie to live up to the drug-induced religous paranoia of a Dick novel.  Of course they never do, foolish to expect a Spielberg movie to live up to it.

But it was pretty good.  Tom Cruise was non-existant enough to not offend me.  (I don't think he's a good actor.  Too self-controlled.)  Not bad, don't think I need to watch it again.

I was hoping the extras on the DVD would comment more on the short story, but it seemed they went with the self-congratulatory Hollywood crap instead.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2003, 12:06:40 PM »

I liked it. I am a big fan of Philip K. Dick books and I loved how they played along with the central idea and even extended it. My only problem with it is the epilogues. Spielberg should accept some of his fans have their own brains and like to use them now and then. About the bluish lights, you'll have to live with it, it is on fashion.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Minority Report « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.