Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:00:38 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  McBain « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McBain  (Read 3633 times)
ad
« on: January 03, 2003, 11:39:34 AM »

Anyone seen McBain (1991) @ http://us.imdb.com/Title?0102422

The imdb review kept making me think of that Simpson's Character Rainer Wolfcastle (AKA: McBain).

Anyway.
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2003, 12:01:26 PM »

haha actually the other day i saw this title in the store with my friends and we've been thinking about renting it, whenever we walk by it someone would try and impersonate mcbain off the simpsons.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2003, 12:08:30 PM »

If it is that James Glickenhouse flick starring Christopher Walken (does this man have an agent or he just does everything he is offered?), it's full of dumb fun, but don't expect it to be remotely similar to The Simpsons' show-inside-the-show.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
ad
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2003, 04:38:18 AM »

I just thought it was funny that in the Simpsons they kept going on about it'd be "McBain" or "McBain 2: Lets Get Silly" or "McBain 3: This time it's personal" or something, and there's an actual film called McBain.

Anyway.
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2003, 05:17:04 AM »

Just for the hell of it: my favorite "McBain"/Wolfcastle quotes:

--"McBain to base! I'm under attack by Commie Nazis!"
--"Go, pennies! Go and help the puny children who need you!"
--"My Ferrari! I had to do awful things to pay for her!"
--"That's some outfit...it makes you look like a homosexual! (audience boos) Oh, maybe you ALL are homosexuals!"
--"Push! Harder! Reach over the top! Go past the max! Master your ass!"
--(singing)"Mein bratwurst has a first name, it's F-R-I-T-Z. Mein bratwurst has a second name, it's S-C-H-N-A-C-K-E-N-P-F-E-F-F-E-R-H-A-U-S-E-N."
--"Shut up, old lady!...And stop kicking me there!!"

McBain Sounds!
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2003, 07:45:12 AM »

"MendozAAAAAAAA!!!"

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2003, 11:33:41 AM »

Oh, don't give up. Watch the damn movie, it is lots of fun, and it is so over the top that maybe you can spot some similarities with the other McBain.

My personal favourite gag starring McBain in "The Simpsons" was when he appeared in a movie preview in a ruined tuxedo and asking for a job, after real - life Arnie movies suffered several flops.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
ad
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2003, 04:37:36 AM »

There are loads of little jokes on the Schwarnezgger that McBain does that I love. He's my fav character, after Homer.

I liked the one where's he's in a movie that's a parody of Kindergarden Cop and it's called "Undercover Nerd"...

Anyway, back to watching bad movies.
Squishy
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2003, 05:44:56 AM »

Bart: "Hey, McBain--I'm a big fan, but your last movie really sucked!"
Chief Wiggum: "Yeah, I'll say. Magic ticket my ass, McBain!"
Wolfcastle: "Maria, my mighty heart is breaking...I'll be in the Humvee!"
--Ripping on "Last Action Hero" and Arnold's renowned choice of vehicle, and making a Maria Shriver (Mrs. Schwartznegger) reference...plus confusing Wolfcastle with a character he plays in the movies

Jay: "Hey nudnick, your shoe's untied!"
Wolfcastle: "From here they appear to be tied...but I will go in for a closer look. (several hours later, after sunset) On closer inspection, these are loafers."
--Jay Sherman ("The Critic") escapes the wrath of Wolfcastle

Wolfcastle: "The film is just me in front of a brick wall for an hour and a half. It cost eighty million dollars."
Jay: "How do you sleep at night?"
Wolfcastle: "On top of a pile of money, with many beautiful ladies."
Jay: "Just asking...yeesh!"
--Jay Sherman earning said wrath, earlier, reviewing "McBain: Let's Get Silly"
Deena
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2003, 04:07:46 PM »

The Simpsons writers actually had to stop using McBain when the movie was being made, they just referred to him as Wolfcastle.  And when the flick flopped they got the rights to use McBain back.  Aigh I watch season 2 with commentary too much!

Deena

Politics is showbusiness for ugly people
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2003, 04:16:17 PM »

That was the Christopher Walken movie from the guy that did Shakedown and The Execu...uh...EXTERMINATOR, right?  Everytime I saw the box I'd pick it up and say, in my best Homer Simpson voice, "Ooooooooooohhhhhhhh, McBain!"

Never rented it though, don't want to break the magic.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 01:25:31 PM »

I purchased this film nearly 2 months ago for £2.98 and only just got round to watching it now. Easily the most boring film I have ever seen in my life, and I've sat through Hard Rock Zombies and Party Crasher! I turned it off after 40mins because nothing was happening. Christopher Walken barely has any lines and there's a scene where Maria Conchita Alonso leaves Bogota to some sappy music and it goes on for like 10 mins!!  Thumbdown

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  McBain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.