Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:32:38 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need some help... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need some help...  (Read 890 times)
Improv_gal
« on: January 06, 2003, 08:23:11 PM »

hey everyone!
i'm part of an improv team at my school and we are trying to research different movies/theatre styles, so i'm trying to get some information about "the b-movie"...basically, what kind of characters are in it, what the plots are normally about (really far out storylines, very cliched, etc)...sorta what makes a b-movie, a b-movie...
just wanted to know if any of you out there could give me some inside and help me out!
Thanx!
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 08:41:45 PM »

While we are tying to define in 6.02 X 10^23 words or less what a B-Movie is, we could also figure out a solution to world peace and mathematically predict the winner of the superbowl

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Funk, E.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 09:11:15 PM »

There are a few generalizations that you can work with however. For example:

All victims in a slasher are unsympathetic characters this is achieved through certain cliche: The bully fratboy boyfriend, the loose sexpot, the stoner, and anyone who has sex during the film.

The police or authority figure in any b movie is either a) corrupt and un-trustworthy or b) incompetent.

Walking backward in dark places like attics, basements and experimental military compounds in lingerie is a classic "please, kill me" maneuver.

b-horror movies are about:
1) Escaped/resurrected homicidal maniacs
2) Government experiments gone horribly wrong
3) Aliens needing breeding stock/food
4) Teenagers either accidentally summoning/reviving or encountering previously summoned demon/ghosts/vampires/zombies etc.

Primary characters and their co-fodder buddies are always either a) in high school b) in college

EVERYONE, even the hero/survivor is an idiot.

Nuclear Armageddon never wipes all life off of the face of the planet and there will always be a ready supply of ammunition, gasoline and spiked leather ware.

Everyone will always let f**ked up situations get a lot worse before they begin to freak out and want to leave/stop what is happening

Zombies are always cannibalistic

Vampire movie must always contain one obligatory lesbian sex scene

Mad scientist must always be killed by their own creation

Any female that exposes their breasts will die except in S&S movies

Padding the paper thin plot is accomplished via the obligatory shower scene which can be inserted at any time in the movie even during nuclear war
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 09:14:27 PM »

Joe Bob Briggs said it best with the Three B's.  Blood, Breasts, and Beasts.

Brother R
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need some help... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.