Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:29:35 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stephen King « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Stephen King  (Read 11835 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2003, 03:27:52 PM »

Susan wrote:
> They might have to
> break them down like that Twilight zone movie

King stories are pretty entertaining in an anthology format, such as Creepshow or Cat's Eye.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2003, 03:29:20 PM »

"Reality TV."

I'm not sure why 'reality' shows are called that.  They artifically bring a bunch of people together and put them in a very contrived situation..that's not exactly 'reality'

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2003, 03:32:54 PM »

I thought Apt Pupil would make a good movie. I was pretty disappointed with the piece of crap that was made. If anyone decided to make a more faithful adaptation of the story, it would be a nice disturbing little film.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Evan3
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2003, 03:44:31 PM »

What did you expect from Apt Pupil, if David Schwimmer is in it, it is bound to suck.

It is interesting that for being such a great author, King movies usually suck.  Even the scripts he writes tend to be lame (like the Storm of the Century).

They are also coming out with a King movie soon starrinjg Morgan Freeman. I think it is called Dreamcatcher and it concerns aliens. I haven't read the book, but I was unimpressed by the preview for sure. Anyone else know more about this?
Perk
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2003, 09:52:19 PM »

I want to see Insomnia made into a film.  I found it a very interesting read.  Another thing that would be great would be The dark Tower series (if it ever gets finished).  A saga along the lines of The Lord of the Rings in terms of quality.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2003, 12:39:06 AM »

>Which book is the Salem's Lot sequal in??

Nigh Shift. This book also contains the stories that were the basis for Graveyard Shift, The Mangler, Maximum Overdrive (Trucks), Sometimes They Come Back, The Lawnmower Man (really nothing to do with the movie), Quitters, Inc. (one of the segments of Cat's Eye), and Children of the Corn.

Amazon has it used for like $.80 right now.
Skaboi
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2003, 01:16:49 AM »

Afraid not.  I've been hearing that for years and years but it's never happened.  Although it would be a dream come true, some of it would be completely unfilmable.
Skaboi
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2003, 01:23:05 AM »

One of King's most redundant, stupid, and contrived books.  It's everything he's ever written and it's not that great.  Take every King book, mush them together, add a few aliens and the government and you have Dreamcatcher.  Why this is being made into a film, I have no idea.  Hopefully the script will be better than the book.....
Skaboi
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2003, 01:27:52 AM »

I believe that Bag Of Bones would be a fantastic film.  It adds a few new twists on the supernatural/ghost genre and has a heartfelt and warm core that only King can create.  Would be really scary if done correctly...especially the old guy in the weird wheelchair....

My wife believes that Rage would be a good flick.  I've never read the story, but might soon in the future.
ahab
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2003, 01:46:19 AM »

I doubt Rage will ever make it to the screen. It is about a high-schooler who kills two of his teachers and more or less takes his class hostage at gunpoint. great story but it will never make it to the screen.

Shop Samrt. Shop S-Mart.
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2003, 11:03:12 AM »

I think that it would be interesting to do kind of a "4 rooms" style movie with some of his shorter stories.....one id really like to see made into a film, however short, is "Rainy Season"

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Lancer
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2003, 05:46:49 PM »

I would love to see "The Mist" made as a movie!!!
Creepozoid
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2003, 12:57:10 AM »

I personally have a soft spot for teh undying COTC series.
twsmith
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2003, 09:19:26 AM »

Rage would make for a tremendous film . . . As would The Long Walk for that matter. Too bad the mainstream public would be too damn braindead to accept it.

An adaptation of The Running Man that's truer to the novella would be great as well.

The Mist would make for a scary as Hell movie if they pull it off correctly. I remember they actually made a game based on the story that was text based and it alone was pretty creepy.

I also wouldn't mind seeing film adaptations of Nona, The Jaunt (would be pretty short but the ending would be tremendous on film) and Battlefield. (This was tailor-made to be adapted as a stop-motion film.)

And yes, The Dark Tower series should definately be made into a long cable mini-series much like the recent "Taken" (The Dark Tower should NOT be produced by Sci-Fi, though. This story actually deserves to be told in such a way that wont bore the living s**t out of people.)
Susan
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2003, 10:37:50 PM »

The problem with "The mist" ending up as a movie is it might end up like "The langoliers". (made for tv) For me, what makes most of the lower grade stephen king movies suck is the badly chosen actors. Like people i'd see on a movie of the week in 1981. I'm still in shock "Dreamcatcher" made it to the big screen. These kind of movies are slowly giving him a bad name. He used to have good luck with oddball stories in the early days making it to the big screen but as of late the only on screen adaptations people want are his "drama" pieces...the rest end up on ABC

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stephen King « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.