Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:47:00 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stephen King « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Stephen King  (Read 11848 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2003, 05:40:46 AM »

>The Mist would make for a scary as Hell movie if they pull it off correctly. I
>remember they actually made a game based on the story that was text based
>and it alone was pretty creepy.

I happen to have this in both Apple and IBM (DOS) versions if anyone wants them. I finally found them on the net a couple years ago after hunting for the apparently non-existant C64 version for years.
TC
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2003, 06:22:40 AM »

I tried playing that game after downloading it from a shareware site, but I never got anywhere in it.  I always ended up getting killed by some old lady and a mob (I think).  Having never read the short story, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do.
JohnL

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2003, 06:45:01 AM »

>I tried playing that game after downloading it from a shareware site, but I never
>got anywhere in it. I always ended up getting killed by some old lady and a mob

I didn't get very far in it either.

>(I think). Having never read the short story, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to
>do.

I've read the novella, it doesn't help. In the story, the main character is trapped in a supermarket by the mist and there are weird creatures outside that kill people when they leave the store. In the end, several characters make it to an SUV and hit the road looking for help or an explanation.

The game suffered from the same problem many other text adventures had; too many locations seem to have no purpose, or the game doesn't really let you know what's important and what isn't. Are you supposed to figure out a way to open the safe, or is that just part of the background description? Do the other characters serve a purpose or are they just there for atmosphere?
Evan3
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2003, 07:31:21 PM »

I would love to have  this but which one could I read on Windows/???
JohnL

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2003, 12:20:14 AM »

>I would love to have this but which one could I read on Windows/???

The IBM version will play in a DOS window. It's 90K zipped. The Apple version is a disk image that should play in any Apple/Apple II emulator that supports .DSK files. That version is about 85K zipped. I'd recommend the IBM/DOS version though. Give me an email address and I'll send you a copy.
Evan3
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2003, 06:26:26 PM »

go ahead and send it to bolicked@jmu.edu
I really appreciate it
TC
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2003, 06:33:50 PM »

If anyone can figure out this game, let me know.  I will be really impressed.  I remember finding some kind of hints on it, on the Net, but I didn't read them because I wanted to try to figure it out.  And like with every other text game I've ever played, I failed.
JohnL

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2003, 10:35:56 PM »

>go ahead and send it to bolicked@jmu.edu

It's on its way.

>I really appreciate it

No problem. :)

>If anyone can figure out this game, let me know. I will be really impressed. I
>remember finding some kind of hints on it, on the Net, but I didn't read them
>because I wanted to try to figure it out. And like with every other text game I've
>ever played, I failed.

Well, I didn't do that well with The Mist when I tried to play it either. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Have you played the classic Infocom games like Zork, Infidel, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I have copies of them all and you can now play them on virtually any OS using a freeware interpretor for them.
TC
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2003, 11:25:32 PM »

I have bought some Infocom one's from Target one time.  They came in with like 4 or 5 on one CD.  The only one I had any success with was one where the games centered all around mysteries.  Then, I found a shareware site, and I downloaded a few more - a couple of James Bond one's (Gold Finger and another one) and a Rambo one.
JohnL

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2003, 01:38:11 AM »

There's a whole 'community' now for 'interactive fiction'. Freely downloadable games that range from well written epics to garbage that you're not even sure can be solved.
ahab
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2003, 07:41:40 PM »

I heard that rose madder was being adapted for the small screen. anyone have any info on that? i liked the story but it got a little to convoluted at the end for me.

Shop Samrt. Shop S-Mart.
Evan3
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2003, 08:58:05 PM »

By the way, I havent received that thing by e mail yet, and I am really anticipating it.
JohnL

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2003, 06:26:03 AM »

>By the way, I havent received that thing by e mail yet, and I am really anticipating
>it.

I was wondering if you'd gotten it or not. It didn't bounce, but it shouldn't take this long to reach you. I just sent another copy from my mail.com account.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2003, 05:13:18 PM »

I would like to see the short story "Gray Matter."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JohnL

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2003, 02:17:50 AM »

Hey Evan, did you ever get copy of the Mist file I sent?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Stephen King « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.