Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:14:49 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why Some Threads Get No Responses... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why Some Threads Get No Responses...  (Read 4091 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: January 12, 2003, 06:27:02 AM »

Why is it that some threads on this Phorum get no responses at all?

Have you noticed it too?

It seems that the threads that make some sort of declarative or "matter of fact" statements get NO responses at all here.

If even the dumbest (in my & others opinions here(screw the bad grammar) questions are asked though...BAM!!!  They get bludgeoned with responses & attention.

If it's a personal statement by the author (other than Andrew) or a statement about B-films in general..............IT GET'S NOTHING..........Why is that?

Why is it that some good, justified & declarative posts go un-answered with 0 responses and other questions asked by a 12-year old are bombarded by all?

WHY IS THIS??

ahab
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 07:19:38 AM »

I have no idea why that is. I respond to threads that i have something to add too or at least thats what i hope i do.  Anyway good luck getting a response.

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Foywonder
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 08:15:03 AM »

Ever thought that maybe there's nobody currently interested in the subject of the thread?

"DO YOU HAVE AN ANSWER OR DO YOU DWELL WITH THE ADOLESCENTS & PRIMITIVE MINDS?"

Think maybe you're being just a tad overly melodramatic there?
Ash

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2003, 08:16:31 AM »

Maybe a little.......but I'd bet that there's no such subject here that NOBODY'S interested in...........!

slippy
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2003, 09:30:56 AM »

No its because u don't forum jump enough u need too visit 10 different forums that u like,step 2 advertise your forum once,step 3 on Network 54 sites u can advertise your site daily just pick the forums that u are interested in,later
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2003, 10:24:29 AM »

1. People don't have the answer to the question being asked.

2. People aren't interested.

Some other replies here are on the mark...You're being a tad oversensitive to no replies. If there's no response to a thread, then there's no response....for whatever the reason. Plain and simple. I've posted messages on various internet boards, where my posts didn't get a reply for days, weeks, or sometimes even MONTHS....until someone who was either interested or someone who had the answer came along. Be patient.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Paquita

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2003, 11:09:13 AM »

My question about Hell Hamster should have been asnwered! It was the most well thought out and intelligent question I've seen in YEARS! Not to mention THE SPELLING! I think people don't answer questions because they're jealous! Jealous of MY grasp on the english language!

JohnL

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2003, 01:56:36 PM »

>It seems that the threads that make some sort of declarative or "matter of fact"
>statements get NO responses at all here.

Maybe because everyone agrees with the post and doesn't want to add a lame "I agree.", or "You're right!"

>If even the dumbest (in my & others opinions here(screw the bad grammar)
>questions are asked though...BAM!!! They get bludgeoned with responses &
>attention.

Not true. I asked about the title of an alien abduction mini-series from the early to mid 90's and got absolutely no replies.

I just answered it. I didn't have definitive answer, but I think what I posted was accurate.

>My question about Hell Hamster should have been asnwered!
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2003, 03:02:14 PM »

Um...because that particular post has no intrest to someone?
 I never can predict what kind, if any, of response my posts get. Fair enough. I just go with the flow, and see what happens.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2003, 01:33:48 AM »

Well, no one really needed to respond to my post about the Re-Animator trailers being online.  As has been said, I just reply to the stuff I think I can add to.

Brother R
Ash

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2003, 02:37:50 AM »

I know, I know.

It just irks me though when I write a post that I'm absolutely positive that's great and will for sure get a response and it doesn't.

You can't win 'em all I guess!

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2003, 01:40:20 PM »

It would have been really ironic if there had been no responses to this topic. Oh well.

Seriously, I can sympathize. I think when we put a lot of thought into something that we think is clever or interesting or possibly controversial, we want some feedback. We're hoping someone will agree with it, expand on it, argue with it or at least acknowledge it. When they don't, it's disappointing.

The thing I find annoying is when people do reply to a post, and it's shaping up to be a really good discussion, then the whole thing gets derailed because one side comment from somebody takes over the whole discussion. For example, an in-depth analysis of why we enjoy our favourite horror films can quickly degenerate into a discussion of how hot a particular actress is.

Then again, it's sometimes amusing how a little thread about nothing important can also turn into a major philosophical, religious or political discussion that goes on for 40 or 50 posts.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Funk, E.
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2003, 08:23:39 PM »

Every once in a while I'll read a post and think "What's there to say?" It's like using "the sky is blue" as a conversation starter.
Neville

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2003, 11:55:49 AM »

Because life is tough? Now seriously, I guess it is something we all have to live with. It happens to everybody, so there is no need to dramatise.  If your post doesn't get any answers, well, that doesn't necesarily mean people haven't read it, it means that they either agree or that they don't feel there's nothing they can add. I suppose the best way to get feedback is to leave the question open so people can add their own remarks. And if you don't get feedback at all, don't make a fuss, after all this is not a popularity contest.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Bernie
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2003, 03:35:44 PM »

Starting threads on a board like this is kinda like fishing:  You make your cast and wait for a nibble.  Sometimes the fish are biting and sometimes not.  You just shrug your shoulders and say, What the hell.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why Some Threads Get No Responses... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.