Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:47:35 AM
713339 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why Some Threads Get No Responses... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why Some Threads Get No Responses...  (Read 4061 times)
lester1/2jr
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2003, 11:06:03 PM »

hahah i never get resp0nses.  I wear it as a badge 0f pride
Pancho
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2003, 05:50:30 PM »

I'm with lester1/2jr.  Most of what I say doesn't get anything in reply.  I think the longest discussion I had was with Mr. Funk and it was about his name (which I'm jealous of).
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2003, 06:07:53 PM »

Starting threads on a board like this is kinda like fishing

In this case, you have the right to cast your line, the fish have a right not to nibble, so don't worry too much about it...some may just not be attracted to your bait

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Funk, E.
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2003, 07:45:19 PM »

Na nan na-na-na! You can't have it! :-P
Neon Noodle
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2003, 08:12:43 PM »

We all have the desire to raise topics that we hope will catch others' attention. I can remember starting a thread, no pun intended, about the Spider Man trailer with the World Trade Center towers (I am still embittered it is not on the 2 discs as a hidden feature). This was a very interesting subject to me, yet it didn't get many responses.
I would suppose that people in general have a strong desire to be heard and listened to by others. The Internet is a fabulous tool in this respect, we can share thoughts and ideologies with others all over the globe. But this is a double-edged sword; if no one responds to our thoughts, does it mean we are boring on a global scale? If a post receives multiple slams, does this encourage one to not post again?

It is unfortunate that some posts are not followed up on. How many chances to explore new viewpoints have been lost in the digital graveyard for lack of interest?

I gotta switch to Decaffinated.
AndyC
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2003, 01:22:42 AM »

Good point.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being disappointed if your post fails to receive a response. We post because we want to know what others think, even if the post is not a question. Any statement posted on this board might just as well be followed by the question "What do you think about this?"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Why Some Threads Get No Responses... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.