Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:35:44 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies They Should Remake « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies They Should Remake  (Read 4641 times)
Zombie
« on: January 12, 2003, 02:22:40 PM »

Dawn of the Dead
Sleepaway Camp ( Maybe this time with better grapics and a major production company )
Nightmare on Elm Street ( Since New Line is a bigger company they would have a bigger budget )
Friday the 13th ( I do not think Paromount gave it a big enough budget on the first one )
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 02:56:05 PM »

Hummm....
The Giant Claw : Intresting premise, could be a fun retro romp if its done as a period piece. Could they possably make that damm bird uglier?

The beast from 20.000 fathoms : Same as above, but...oh, wait. "Deanzilla" could pass fro a remake....kinda...sorta....

The Beginning of the End : Lets do it before Peter Graves is too old for a cameo!

Frogs: Only THIS time, the mutations are the resault of genitic science, for Gov. Warfare experiments...hey, if it works, use it.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Goon
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 03:23:43 PM »

They should do another sequal to "the blob" (remake of a sequal?)  The first one has the ominous line at the end that says "As long as the arctic stays cold..."  They could have another one that involves global warming.  Perhaps some good quality CGI and less gore than the 80's version...

-----ooo-'U'-ooo------Kilroy was here.
Creepozoid
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2003, 05:19:10 PM »

Goon wrote:
>
> They should do another sequal to "the blob" (remake of a
> sequal?)  The first one has the ominous line at the end that
> says "As long as the arctic stays cold..."  They could have
> another one that involves global warming.  Perhaps some good
> quality CGI and less gore than the 80's version...
>
> -----ooo-'U'-ooo------Kilroy was here.

You kidding me? For the love of God, their only remaking every movie ever made. ENOUGH ALREADY.
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2003, 06:15:14 PM »

I thought they were doing something along the lines of 'Dawn of the Dead'. I can't remember.  Every film I like, I could never see a remake being anything but an insult.  How about Kevin Smith remaking his own 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back' and actually making it funny this time.

Pete
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2003, 08:50:44 PM »

I think they should only remake bad, or at least flawed, movies. I mean, if you got it right the first time, why bother doing it again? (Yeah, yeah, I know the answer, and it's four letters: $$$$)

I think a remake of Freaks could work, but ONLY if it's done JUST RIGHT. I mean, yeah, the original's a classic, and the last half hour or so is (IMHO) some of the coolest filmmaking ever, but thanks to the studio intervention, there's a whole lot of padding getting there. Is the love affair between the clown and the seal trainer really essential to the story? The way to do a remake would be to still cast it with actual freaks (to match the original's shock value), restore the original ending (w/ the strongman singing soprano), and spend more time focusing on the freaks as characters.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Evan3
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2003, 11:53:01 PM »

I think they should re make All About Eve, it would be fun.

As for horror movies, I think Without Warning could be cool.
Maybe a Halloween along the lines of the third one.
How about a Blair Witch re make from the witches view point.
Paquita

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2003, 12:26:28 AM »

Nightmare on Elmstreet? NO!!  dont remake that! it was perfect the first time! Freddy should only be played by Robert Englund! anyone else would ruin it! Although, I do think that Ryan Stiles (from whos line and drew carey.. i dont like drew carey too much tho) would make a good Freddy. That doesn't matter tho! Cos if they remade it! They would make Neve Campbell be Nancy and I'd have to hang myself.

As for Dawn of the Dead, how about RE-RELEASING it so I can HAVE it! After watching Resident Evil, I dont want to see anymore hollywood Zombie movies, that Joan of Arc girl is hot, but zombies are HOTTER! and i want to see BLOODY DRIPPY EVIL BRAIN EATING ZOMBIES OF LOVE!!

I think someone should MAKE Hell Hamster.

Love,
 Colleen

Funk, E.
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2003, 06:37:37 PM »

Classics should never be remade, but along the good but flawed lines, Logan's Run could be redone with some TLC.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2003, 06:48:02 PM »

A lot of movies that had good premises but that sort of fell apart at the end or whose production didn't quite measure up to it's ideals...they could be remade with a good budget and made much better

"Dark Angel: The Ascent"
"Horror Vision"
-------
Also one I saw recently that started out strong and had some good potential but sorta lost focus toward the end: "Giant Steps" with Billy Dee Williams.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Creepozoid
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2003, 09:04:49 PM »

HORRORVISION maybe deserves another go (maybe just something to finish original the movie) but DARK ANGEL, no no. Fine as is. I can't believe so many people herre are OKing the flood of remakes at the movies. What do you think of 70s horror classics like TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and HILLS HAVE EYES being remade...cuz they are doing it.
Pancho
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2003, 10:34:22 PM »

I don't know why this came to mind but it did.  Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer.  It could be good.  I think
Fearless Freep

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2003, 10:42:03 PM »

DARK ANGEL, no no

Dark Angel had some interesting idea...it could've had a really powerful ending but it wimped into a weak romantic ending.  A powerful dramatic ending would've been much better

I can't believe so many people herre are OKing the flood of remakes at the movies.

I think remakes of movies that were done well is a watse ot time, which ironically seem to be the targets of a lot of remakes coming out.  I would be more interested in remakes of movies that had good ideas that fell short of the mark in execution

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Lancer
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2003, 05:55:33 PM »

No, no, no...

I would not like them to remake Dawn of the Dead... Its a classic... and it should not be f**ked with...

That's like saying remake Star Wars: The New Hope!!!
Funk, E.
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2003, 05:57:21 PM »

Well they sure as f**k are welcome to remake the last two Star Wars movies, damn!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies They Should Remake « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.