Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:21:40 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Second-Choice Rentals « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Second-Choice Rentals  (Read 2727 times)
Mofo Rising
« on: May 24, 2001, 05:19:54 AM »

After my REQUIEM FOR A DREAM Blockbuster fiasco, I decided to make the night "Stupid Comedy Night".  Therefore I walked out of the store with LITTLE NICKEY and ROCKY & BULLWINKLE.  Here's what I thought.

LITTLE NICKY - 2 Slimes
I had no hopes for this movie.  Which is good, because it fulfilled none.  The whole production reeks of amateurism.  Imagine you and your middle school friends got drunk and thought up a movie.  You'd probably end up with this.

It's not to say that there were no funny moments, there were, but they were far to few and far between.  When producing comedy, you have to walk a fine line between pleasing the audience and pleasing yourself.  The makers of this movie spent all their time pleasing themselves.

It seems every character from any Sandler movie was brought back, no matter if they fit into the plot or not.

I actually like Adam Sandler.  I think he's very funny, when he works.  Here's my theory: Adam Sandler movie where Adam Sandler plays Adam Sandler, funny.  Adam Sandler movie with Adam Sandler using a funny voice, not funny.  LITTLE NICKY would have been much funnier if Sandler had just been "Yeah, I'm the Devil's kid, whaddaya' want?"

ROCKY & BULLWINKLE - 4 Slimes
Maybe it's because I was a lot drunker during this movie, but it had me in stitches.

I also had no hopes for this movie, but it cracked me up.  I hope you have a high tolerance for absolutely atrocious puns.

I'm too young to fully appreciate the original cartoon, but the movie seemed to capture the same tone.  Tongue firmly in cheek, the entire movie is completely stupid.  Nonetheless there were at least two jokes that had me in complete hysterics.

LITTLE NICKY I can do without ever seeing again, ROCKY & BULLWINKLE will have me laughing just in memory for several weeks.

Here's another funny thing.  LITTLE NICKY had all the high quality cameos.  Quentin Tarantino, Harvey Keitel, et al., and it sucked.  ROCKY & BULLWINKLE had the worst cameos, Keenan & Kel, Whoopi Goldberg, and it was hilarious.  Coincidence?
Cosmicman
VUI
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2001, 11:33:44 AM »

Viewing Under the Influence can at times add to the experience.  I vaguely recall watching Plan 9 while with a friend once, and laughing so hard I ended up with a hernia.  Of course It helps to have a friend on a similarly warped wavelength.
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2001, 08:39:24 PM »

I kinda liked Little Nicky. Yeah, Sandler's voice got annoying real fast. But I found ok.

I hated Rocky and Bulwinkle. It was a terrible insult to the cartoon. And I had high hopes for it.
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2001, 12:30:29 PM »

Have to tell you, Seeing Woopie Goldberg in the Trailer, as the Judge, go all FanBoy yelling"OH,Rocky and Bullwinkle!" made me say...nope. Not gonna see it. Am i the only one who is just tired of seeing her? I watch her on Hwood Squares and she just Buggs me! Yes, there can be too much attitude.....its like Deanzilla, it put me off it. Maby i should give it a chance, but i grew up on the toon, and since i can still watch 'em, why bother?
peter johnson
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2001, 12:22:15 AM »

Firesign Theatre watch note:
Phil Proctor as dancing Nazi with Robert DeNiro in Fearless Leader bunker scene in Rocky & Bull --
Alisa
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2001, 02:47:38 AM »

My god!  Little Nicky sucked sweaty donkey balls.  It was absolutely horrible.  There were two funny parts in the whole movie.

1.)  Opie's (younger?) brother parading around in his room dressed as a woman, with the song Two of Hearts playing in the background.

2.) Opie's brother dancing around in the end dressed as a woman playing that song again, when Nicky's brother was trying to bring hell to earth.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Second-Choice Rentals « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.