Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:26:35 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  5 Recent Viewings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 5 Recent Viewings  (Read 2281 times)
Scott
« on: January 17, 2003, 11:57:07 PM »

These are 5 of the latest films I have viewed this week.  In the order of favorites first.

DONNIE DARKO - Thanks to those of you who have mentioned this film. This is a good film with something deeper than most. The film was kinda like a dark version of ITS A WONDERFULL LIFE. This is not a comparision since this very fact alone makes it a completely different film. Well done film starring Drew Barrymore and Patrick Swayze. The rabbit is bizarre. Very strange film.

BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA - Finally I have seen this film and found it fun. Kurt Russell plays a kinda John Wayne character who is a fish out of water in Chinatown underground warfare. A John Carpenter film with a comic edge. The film also has some odd moments, dialogue and images. This is a collectible film.

PEACEMAKER - Nuclear weapons theft with one device making it to NY. Another cool George Clooney film, but with a stupid ending.

LA CUCARACHA - Film about a confused guy who wants to live an authentic life. Not bad, but the main character makes you a bit queesy. He gets his authentic life, but its nothing to write home about. Odd film worth taking a peek into. I rented it thinking it was a western set in Mexico, but it was in the present time period.

SOUTH OF HEAVEN/WEST OF HELL - A western that is rather dull. Had to fast forward this one. Many scenes were very slow like for example a person on a porch last like 5 minutes while using fast forward. Don't bother with this one.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 02:07:14 PM »

Of the five, I've only seen "Big Trouble..." and I really like it.    Some great lines.

But thanks for your thoughts on the others

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Foywonder
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 01:21:47 PM »

>Another cool George Clooney film

Now there's a phrase you don't hear every day.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 01:41:47 PM »

> >Another cool George Clooney film
>
> Now there's a phrase you don't hear every day.

I don't know, he was pretty good in that one movie.  What was it called?  I think it was "Big-Breasted Girls Go to the Beach and Take Their Tops Off."  At least, that was the main song.

Really, FT, what were these people thinking?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
TC
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2003, 03:42:19 PM »

I can say that the only George Clooney movie that I've ever liked to any degree was From Dusk Til Dawn.  He played a convincing a***ole badass character (kind of like Vin Diesel in Pitch Black), something he has never reprised.  Every other movie he makes seems to try to appeal to a female audience (Ocean's Eleven, Out of Sight, ect).  As for Peacemaker, I found it painfully boring in parts.
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2003, 07:20:48 PM »

Cool, that five includes two of my most favouritist films of all time, 'Donnie Darko' and 'Big Trouble In Little China'.  

One unique thing about DD was that the first time you watch it, you don't actually need to understand it to be amazed by it and really enjoy it.  And then it gets better every time you watch it, and understand it more and more.  I used to watch it every couple of weeks until it finally came out in the cinemas over here.

BTiLC should officially be awarded the title of 'Most Quotable Film of All Time' in my opinion, if anyone knows of a film that could challenge for that, I'd like to hear it.  The films just too much fun.

The Peacemaker is the only film I've ever been refused admission to at the cinema because of age, and now II'm 18 its highly likely there'll never be another.  I was 14 at the time and it was a 15 certificate, but the great thing is that because we couldn't see it, we saw 'Shooting Fish' a 12 certificate which I really liked. Still to this day haven't seen The Peacemaker.

Pete
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2003, 10:54:06 PM »

Uh, I think Army of Darkness probably takes the most quotable movie of all time title.  And Donnie Darko is an absolutely incredible movie.  It's so satisfying because all the moron authority figures end up being complete tools in the end.  And a demonic rabbit inspired by the artwork from a White Zombie record...it doesn't get much cooler.

Brother R
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2003, 01:08:50 AM »

I really like DONNIE DARKO.  One of those movies I kick myself for missing in the theater.  (Although, to be fair, the only theater playing it was an hour away.)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Scott
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2003, 03:32:07 PM »

Well, I think Clooney makes some cool films. How bout these:

Dusk till Dawn
TheThree Kings
Peacemaker
Perfect Storm (not a great movie, but he was good in it.)
Fearless Freep

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2003, 05:37:57 PM »

My family used to quote "Star Wars" a lot, had a lot of lines that could be used in many situations

"Laugh it up, fuzzball" - when some is having fun at your expense.
"Lock the doors...and hope they don't have blasters" - when leaving the house, a car, etc...
etc.. .

The following were used a lot and you can think of appropriate contexts

"No reward is worth this"
"Who's scruffy looking?"
"I care"
"Great kid, don't get cocky"
"What a piece of junk"
"Sometimes I amaze even myself...that doesn't sound too hard" (either side)
"I'm nice men"
"No time to discuss this with the comittee...I am not the comittee!"  (either side)
"Easy...you call that easy?!"

etc...

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  5 Recent Viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.