Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:37:38 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  8 LEGGER FREAKS : Warner Bros. DVD. 99min. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 8 LEGGER FREAKS : Warner Bros. DVD. 99min.  (Read 885 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 19, 2003, 03:38:09 PM »

Dir: Ellory Elkyem.
Cast?: David Arquette, Kari Wuhrer, Scott Terra, Doug E. Doug, Scarlett Johnson.
Plot?: Toxic waste + various spiders+ isolated desert town = giant mutant spiders eating large numbers of people. Much running, screaming,spider squishing and mayhem ensue.  Check the IMDB for more facts.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
STUFF TO WATCH FOR!! ::::::
---------------------------------------------
...."Do you know fear?" Harlin, The town of Prosperity, Ariz's  radio paranoid opens the film. The love child of Criswell and Art Bell?
....Bunny lovin' trucker!
....So, who knew spiders were so noisy?
....Thanks, Mr Weird spider collecting plot exposision man. You have monster fodder written all over ya'.
....Mike the spider fan. I like this kid! Hey, Andrew, remember the Mike in "Somethings out there?" Same kid, maby?
...I see a dead, parrot. ( Say it like John Cleese)
....Our hero,folks. Fuzzy guy with built in beefover, doubles as a dog chew toy.Realy.
....Officer Pete! Our comedy relief! Makes the Sherriff babe look even better by comparason.
....Just how nutritious are weird reclusive spider collectors for a young, growing mutant spider, anyhoo?...hah,say that 3 times fast!
....Mom the Cop is cute.
....Oh! This is the Funniest death of a pet cat...ever! I'm sorry, but it is!....
....Our hero...or wussboy as i keep calling him, is not believable as the male lead. Mom the cop, however, is still hot...
....Mike the spider boy keeps a captain's log? Hummm....okey, i'll accept that...
.... Plot point alert! Methene gas goes boom!
....See! Mike knows this stuff! He's gotta be related to that other mike, Andrew. Why else would he have "Them" playing on his T.V.?
....The miner is sucking on a water pipe, expecting water,right....so, how did the spiders get in the pipe!? What, did they unscrew the other end? Sheesh!
....Harlin has advanced paranoia. If more people in these movies were like that, there would be a lower body count.... well, maby....
....Does Ostrich taste like chicken, or turkey?
....Dirt bike punks Vs. Jumping spiders.
....Hey, got a bug on your windshield? What does burning giant mutant spider smell like, anyway?
....Gladis is SO doomed. I like my dog too, but hey, she deserves a Darwin award....
....Mom the Cop keeps a well stocked gun cabinet! Oooh, i hope "she's the NRA"
Hey...Burt Gummer needs a new wife....splash that bug, girl!
....Pete the comic cop takes weapons inventory.  
....Do NOT disguss old boyfriends when your girlfriend to be is loading a 12 gage shotgun, wussboy!
....That...is one big ass spider. Looks like the Radio Paranoid is in for a reality check....
....Comic spiders. Where are these things from, Tatooine? "Hootinee!"
....Spiders are from Earth!..No, from Mars!..Itell ya its Earth!...diden't  Earl and Val have this same debate in "Tremors?"
....Spiders think the whole world is their "Greasy spoon". Ah, now the screaming and running begins!
....Hey, Pete, ...got gas?..."Eat chain, you bastards!"
....So, big ass spiders double as battering rams. Who knew?
....Harlin...pete is festooned with 12 gage ammo. Put them in your empty shotgun! Sheesh! The comedy team of Pete and Harlin, ladies and gentlemen....
....Old people have no more perifiral vision.
....Crossbows ARE deadly weapons. Ask any deer...
....Man...Shelob is p**sed!
....What? The evil incompitant capitalist bastard is still alive? Has anyone told Ken Begg about this?
....And, once agine, the "Hero" outruns the fireball of the explosion, this time on a dirt bike. should have at least ridden a Harley, but noooo!.......
and, Finaly(Yea).....Harlin , the black guy not only lives out the night, but gets the last word......bout time!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flangepart says, Check it out!  : Its no Tremors, but its close enough. I'd give it 4- slimes.  Nice lines, funny pet cat demise (I'm sorry, but i laughed my butt off!), Mike the voice of reason, A heroic chick who knows which end of the tube the rounds come out of, and, of corse, tolerable CGI spiders.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riff points!:: The methane gas is flammable, so the hot dirt bike exaust did not set it off for what reason?.......How did the spiders get in the water hose?....If the spiders mutated from eating the toxic waste sucking crickets the old guy fed them,is the sequal gonna be called "6 Legged freaks?" What do crickets eat, anyhoo?....wussboy made me fast forward when the spiders weren't involved.,
 and....why did they have to trash that cool airstream trailer. Creeps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, works for me! Back to you, Andrew!.BTW...please correct the post title spelling! D'oh! See....this is what happens when i hurry....-------------------------------------------------------------

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
TC
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 03:47:57 PM »

I enjoyed this one a lot more than I thought I was going to.  Except......It has David Arquette in it, who I cannot stand.  If the male lead had been someone else, I would give this movie a glowing review.  Or if the spiders would have eaten him the minute he walked onscreen, that would have been okay too.  Even despite Arquette, I thought the movie was great campy fun.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  8 LEGGER FREAKS : Warner Bros. DVD. 99min. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.