Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:22:45 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Concept Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Concept Movies  (Read 887 times)
Pancho
« on: January 19, 2003, 08:45:53 PM »

I'm a big fan of The Wall by Pink Floyd (I've watched it 50 times now) and I was wondering if there were any other movies out there that fit into the same genre.  Anything you can tell me is appreciated.  Thanks.
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 10:24:39 PM »

I find Godzilla vs. King Kong to be a deeply rewarding spiritual experience.

Brother R
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 02:44:26 AM »

Finally saw this on TCM not too long ago, and got the dvd for Christmas. Outstanding, brilliant, and FUNNY counter-culture/anti-war film based on Arlo Guthrie's recording "Alice's Restaurant Massacree". Director Arthur Penn received an Oscar nomination for this one, and Arlo Guthrie stars as himself....and is quite good in the film. This was the first film that came to mind when I opened up this thread, and especially seeing the first film mentioned  here, "The Wall", which was also album-based.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 04:03:01 AM »

I have a special fondness in my heart for movies such as these.

Note: I don't think these movie are really very successful.  It takes a lot more work to make an actual story that contains all the messages and themes you're trying for, as subtext.  Making it blatant with "avant garde" imaging always seems like laziness to me.

Doesn't mean I don't enjoy these movies.  I like them quite a bit.

There's always the Monkee's HEAD.  Pretty entertaing slice of 60's cinema.  I don't know if Abby is still around, but she could say a thing or two about this movie.

And if your really want to go off the damn wall, you could watch Greaser's Palace.  But that movie really begs the question, is it a concept/message movie if nobody can understand what the hell they were trying to get at?

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 01:52:27 PM »

For some reason "A Clockwork Orange" comes to mind

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Concept Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.