Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:11:16 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent Viewings  (Read 1919 times)
Scott
« on: May 26, 2001, 08:10:20 AM »

Turner Classic Movies showed a couple of our types of movies this past week. I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE and DIARY OF A MADMAN. I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE was a fair zombie film from 1943, I kinda liked it, the movie had good atmosphere and was a quality prodution. A bit better than KING OF THE ZOMBIES, but perhaps not quite as good as WHITE ZOMBIE. All three are very early zombie films.

WHITE ZOMBIE also played on TCM just after I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE. I like the beginning of this film and its neat to just let the movie run while you have other things to do, knowing all the while that WHITE ZOMBIE is "on".

TCM also showed some "one reel wonders" between films, all good ones. One of these 10 minute shorts was called INFLATION. It starts out with major cities of the world burning with a devil watching over them laughing. The devil looks like a count dracula type.

DIARY OF A MADMAN stars Vincent Price as a judge of sorts whom becomes possessed by a spirit of a murderer. Its not that interesting, kinda like a ghost story and when Vincent Price becomes possessed his eyes turn glowing green.
peter johnson
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2001, 11:55:14 PM »

I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE is from the Val Lewton production studios, though released by RKO or Paramount.  Look for ALL the Val Lewton flicks for superior low-budget black and white fright:  Cat People, Curse of the Cat People, Bedlam, etc. etc. etc.  Look for the Val Lewton name sometimes in small print as a production credit somewhere on the box.
Scott
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2001, 06:03:43 AM »

Welcome back Peter, thanks for the info. Yes, I like the feel of I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE. How are you doing?
peter johnson
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2001, 12:48:56 AM »

Doing Okay --
Too much work!!
Wish to come back to site to post --
Master!  No beat me!! AHHH!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.