Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:13:31 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What books would you like to see filmed? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What books would you like to see filmed?  (Read 4285 times)
Deena
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2003, 01:17:24 AM »

This answer is the one I always give on book related topics.  I would love to see someone make a film of any of Kerouac's work.  However, I don't think that anyone could capture everything that his books say, on film.  

Deena

Politics is showbusiness for ugly people
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2003, 05:27:24 AM »

Some pretty good titles. Dirty White Boys is set around my home town, Lawton OK. When I read the book it pretty much blew me away that someone had set a major novel in that area, and that I recognized alot of the locales. Almost made me want to go back.....almost.
 Hitchhiker's Guide.... would be pretty great, if, as you said it was well funded and well produced. Not likely. And I like all of Bret Easton Ellis' stuff...dunno why.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Neon Noodle
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2003, 06:37:21 AM »

Even though there's no way it would pass the MPAA, a version of Stephen King's "The Long Walk" would be excellent. Get all the new brat packers in the Freddie Prince Jr. crowd getting picked off one by one, have Matthew Lilliard play Garrity and it could turn out well.

"Warning! Warning, 47!!!"
Bernie
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2003, 10:44:06 AM »

A big-budget Hitchhiker's Guide has been rumored "for some time now" as the saying goes.  Still, the low-budget TV series has a definite charm that's often lost in those big-budget monstrosities.
lonecorndog
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2003, 08:19:32 PM »

Hitchhiker's for sure. Also Brian Lumley's Necroscope, but only with a massive budget. Maybe a live-action Starship Troopers (Heinlen) that actually showed an understanding of the book?
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2003, 08:25:56 PM »

I would like to see a big budget, but well done... version of the Douglas Adams Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.

Actually, the low-budget BBC T.V. version captured the humour and feel of the  material so well that I don't think they could really improve upon it

and pretty darn close to the original material

Which original? The books weren't the original.  The radio show was, I believe, and have some differences between later works and I don't even remember if the T.V. series or the books came next

The Foundation series by Asimov

Agreed but the'd have to stop with "Foundation's Edge".  Anything later than that would pretty much require the Robot Novels as well.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2003, 11:21:13 PM »

I'd like to see them do Stinger by Robert McCammon, as well as Hell-O-Ween by David Robbins.
K-Sonic
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2003, 11:46:17 PM »

DOPEFIEND by Donald Goines
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What books would you like to see filmed? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.