Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:28:25 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Where are the DVDs . . . huh? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Where are the DVDs . . . huh?  (Read 6081 times)
BryceDavid
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2003, 11:50:06 AM »

That's the WORST movie I ever saw!
Chris K.
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2003, 02:34:20 PM »

I am patently awaiting for MGM to start raiding their vaults for the following films:

EMPIRE PICTURES
Ghost Warrior (1984)
The Dungeonmaster (1984)
Trancers (1985)
From Beyond (1986)
Dolls (1986)
TerrorVision (1986)
Eliminators (1986)
Troll (1986)
Zone Troopers (1986)
The Caller (1987)

AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL PICTURES sci-fi flicks
The Day the World Ended (1956-in it's original 2.35:1 Superscope)
The Beast With a Million Eyes (1956)
It Conquered the World (1956)
The Amazing Colosal Man (1957)
Invasion of the Saucer-Men (1957)
Earth vs. the Spider (1958)
War of the Colossal Beast (1958-with the ORIGINAL color ending)

Also, Anchor Bay Entertainment also has the rest of the New World Pictures films from early 83' to 90', and they too have the Empire films Prison (1986), Ghost Town (1987), Cellar Dweller (1987), and Transformations (1988).

And yes, MGM is going to release SQUIRM on DVD in it's original R rated cut this upcoming August. I must tell you, I am excited about this release. Plus, this April the MGM Midnite Movie DVD release has INVISIBLE INVADERS (1959)/JOURNEY TO THE SEVENTH PLANET (1962) and PSYCH-OUT (1969)/THE TRIP (1969). Again, I am quite excited.
TC
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2003, 04:42:48 PM »

I know...That's why I so dearly want to own it on DVD.  Classic bad movie!
Cloudio
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2003, 01:12:03 PM »

BTW, just to leave a small note on the FF movie.
There are actually files of it on Kazaa for download.

I've checked it out...I think the film not being released was actually a blessing to us all.
Sam
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2003, 03:22:36 AM »

I was at Best Buy today (finaling getting my favorite movie Return of the Living Dead along with the Deranged/Motel Hell DVD set) and they had a lot of the movies that you mentioned there. They have a lot of good movies you just have to look.  Unfortunalty I found most of the movies there that I got off of Ebay already , and payed out the ass for shipping and handling.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2003, 01:14:53 PM »

It was the Full Moon Release, just a copy of the Vestron Video laserdisc, but it looks decent, has some forty minutes of trailers on the b-side and a fistful of biographies for the cast.  Not a bad deal for 9.95 retail.

From Beyond is tied up by Brian Yuzna, who wants to do some kind of restored Special Edition, so once all the Is and Ts are dotted and crossed and whoever gets whatever amount of money they're asking for, it should happen.

2004 or 5 is my guesstimate.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Chris K.
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2003, 01:25:00 PM »

Chadzilla wrote:
>
> From Beyond is tied up by Brian Yuzna, who wants to do some
> kind of restored Special Edition, so once all the Is and Ts
> are dotted and crossed and whoever gets whatever amount of
> money they're asking for, it should happen.
>
> 2004 or 5 is my guesstimate.

Is Brian planning on aquiring the film in his name a la RE-ANIMATOR and going to release it with either MGM or Elite Entertainment? Either way, I am really excited about this one. I hope audio commentaires are also in order if this hapens. Also, did he mention anything about obtaining DOLLS?

> It  [TRANCERS] was the Full Moon Release, just a copy of the Vestron
> Video laserdisc, but it looks decent, has some forty minutes
> of trailers on the b-side and a fistful of biographies for
> the cast.  Not a bad deal for 9.95 retail.

Yeah, I heard about the Full Moon Release of TRANCERS, transfered from the old laserdisc. I might go out and rent it (I know a nice Mom and Pop store that has it for rental). But IF the film will ever be released on the MGM Midnite Movies label, it would be letterboxed at 1.85:1 and I would go for that too. But, only time will tell.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2003, 07:48:45 PM »

Chris K. wrote:
>
>  
> Is Brian planning on aquiring the film in his name a la
> RE-ANIMATOR and going to release it with either MGM or Elite
> Entertainment? Either way, I am really excited about this
> one. I hope audio commentaires are also in order if this
> hapens. Also, did he mention anything about obtaining DOLLS?
>

Not a clue, I just know that Yuzna has talked about wanting an expanded cut/special edition of the movie getting released - evidently there was some stuff left on the cutting room floor either he or Gordon want back in the movie.  When, or if, that happens, I'm making a pre-order, that much is certain.

But Dolls?  You got me there, but, oddly, I would actually prefer a full frame presentation over a letterboxed one for one small reason.  When I saw it in the theaters, there was a shot where a doll was set aflame and danced around, sadly the fire illiuminated the BROOMSTICK that was attached to it for the effect.  On the Vestron Video release the gaff was cropped off with no other visible trouble to the remainder of the movie.  But that is just me.  A Gordon commentary would be nice.

>
> Yeah, I heard about the Full Moon Release of TRANCERS,
> transfered from the old laserdisc. I might go out and rent it
> (I know a nice Mom and Pop store that has it for rental). But
> IF the film will ever be released on the MGM Midnite Movies
> label, it would be letterboxed at 1.85:1 and I would go for
> that too. But, only time will tell.

Would it?  The image has no shifting or visible cropping (the images are well centered with plenty of space for the credits).  Chances are that image would just be a cropped one, where they just slap black bars at the top and bottom of frame to matte at a 1:85:1 aspect ratio - this is a pretty standard practice across the board since video exploded back in the early eighties, everybody from Disney to Cannon did it. (Captain Ron, Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 are all movies shot in that manner).  One can only hope for a Band/Thomerson commentary, unless Thomerson is P.O.ed at Band (like many, many others apparently are) - then we can just get the pleasure of hearing Jack Deth beat the snot out of Charles Band for a few minutes.

Still if a Midnight Movies edition of Trancers ever came out, that would be nice.

Hey, what about a Ghoulies dual disc?  MGM has got to own the rights to Ghoulies 1 and 2!

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Chris K.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2003, 09:36:14 PM »

Chadzilla wrote:
>
> Hey, what about a Ghoulies dual disc?  MGM has got to own the
> rights to Ghoulies 1 and 2!

You took the words right out of my mouth there, Chadzilla. Since both GHOULIES and GHOULIES 2 are part of the early Empire features, it would be nice to see MGM issue both on DVD. But if this does happen in the near future, I expect to see the 20 minutes of excised footage (which, I might add, has been included in most television prints) of GHOULIES as a special feature,  as well as a sound upgrade (the old Vestron Video release of GHOULIES had the worst sound volume).

But, I think it would be better if GHOULIES was paired up with TROLL (1986) as both have a fun charm to them. GHOULIES 2 just didn't sit well with me and I would place that sequel as the "less-favorite" Empire film. But, we shal have to wait and see if MGM has plans.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2003, 10:12:02 PM »

The DERANGED/MOTEL HELL dvd is disappointing because DERANGED is not the complete version. It is the complete THEATRICAL RELEASE version, but it is missing some footage that was restored in Moore Video's VHS release that came out in the late 1980s or so. The restored version has a scene of Ezra Cobb popping an eyeball out of a decapitated head, and sticking a spoon into the brains.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
SkullNinja
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2003, 02:37:33 AM »

>>>Puppet Master series?

Yeah, and then they could take the chapter stop out between "Part 4" and "Part 5" so that they would be showing the 4th movie in it's entirety.

Heh. Just being mean, but it was really annoying when they did this is PM 4/5, Trancers 4/5 and Oblvion/Backlash. Full Moon was trying to get away with murder by releasing half films back in the 90's.
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2003, 09:50:07 AM »

I'd buy an Oblivion/Backlash dvd.  It was a fun movie(s)

I also want to see The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak on dvd.
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2003, 09:55:29 AM »

I'm surprised they haven't brought out a Wierd Science DVD yet.  They'd better and it had better have a commentary.

Pete
Greywizard, The Unknown Movies
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2003, 08:20:04 PM »

A DVD release of THE HILLS HAVE EYES, by our friends at Anchor Bay Entertainment, is scheduled for this fall!
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2003, 08:56:11 PM »

Better news, it's planned to be 2 disc set jammed with goodies.

Chadzilla
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Where are the DVDs . . . huh? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.