Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:03:19 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Slightly OT: Atmosfear and Nightmare VCR games « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Slightly OT: Atmosfear and Nightmare VCR games  (Read 2468 times)
Brock
« on: May 28, 2001, 03:43:01 PM »

Anyone remember these?

There was a series of horror video board games released in the early to mid 90's.  The original was "Nightmare," then there were a bunch of expansions to that, and then there was the sequel "Atmosfear: The Harbingers."

These things were hilarious, interactive bad movies you got to play along with.  I just found Harbingers at a goodwill and played it with some friends, and let me tell you, those things were great.  It's narrated/controlled by the Gatekeeper, an anoying guy who kind of reminds me of the Emperor from Star Wars.

Anyway, long story short, I'm looking for the other ones.  If anyone has the expansion for Harbingers or has the original and some of the expansions, please let me know.  I am looking to get as many of them as possible.  I figure this is the kind of thing bad movie fans might have lying around.

Also, if anyone else remembers these, cares to comment on them, review them, etc, please go ahead.  I'd love to hear someone else's opinion on them.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2001, 04:45:53 PM »

I never played the horror ones, but my family had the clue interactive vcr game, I used to just watch it without playing the game...man I was lame.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2001, 06:52:00 PM »

I never understood how those things actually worked.

Does anybody remember the video/toy called "Captain Power" or something.  You put in a video and pointed your spaceship at the screen while pulling a trigger or something.  I never understood how that worked either.
Scott Davis
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2001, 09:40:15 PM »

I had the Captian Power toys and videos!

Those rocked. Infact I think I have 2 of the videos. A video came with each light gun/fighter jet.

Whenever I get really really bored, I might bust out the jet and throw in the video.

I don't quite understand the inner workings myself, but I think its based on light waves, and the frequency that they pulsate on the tv screen.
Alisa
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2001, 11:35:09 PM »

Hell yea!  I remember those games!  I loved those things.  I used to play Nightmare(i think that was the name) when i was in 5th grade.  And then i think i bought the Harbingers when i was 7th grade.  I loved playing as Elisabeth Bathory(?) the vampire chick.  It's been so long since i pulled those games out and i just moved a couple of months ago, so i don't even know where they are.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Slightly OT: Atmosfear and Nightmare VCR games « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.