Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:01:54 PM
714338 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  time for a favorite post « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: time for a favorite post  (Read 2677 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2003, 11:42:07 PM »

"War Movies" - Seven Samurai, Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart
Horror - Nosferatu, The Thing, Jaws, Alien
Western - The Good the Bad and the Ugly, The Magnificient Seven
Action - Aliens, The Matrix
Science Fiction - Planet of the Apes (orig), The Fifth Element
Anime - Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke, Naussica, Spirited Away. Akira
Other - Amelie, It's A Wonderful Life, Clockwork Orange
And More Other - The Year Without A Santa Claus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Dark Crystal, The Iron Giant

This is just to name a few, but I can watch them over and over.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JohnL

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2003, 12:01:56 AM »

>(if there was one more woshipful tracking shot around that damn ship, I would
>scream

I think it was Mad Magazine that had a parody of this;

Scotty: This must be very emotional for you captain, you've circled the ship three times.

Kirk: Yes it is very emotional Mr. Scott. Also, I can't seem to find the damn door!!!
Bernie
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2003, 11:40:33 AM »

I'd stopped reading Mad by this time, but leave it to them to sum it up beautifully!
Neville

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2003, 11:54:03 AM »

I've always preferred French Connection II over the first of the series. Sure, the middle part is a bit too slow, but the action is even better, and Hackman's character is far more interesting here, in a setting where he has to start from zero.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2003, 12:19:16 PM »

Evan3 wrote:
>
> Why do we keep doing posts on our Least favorite things.

Why, you ask? Well, this IS a site about "bad movies", so naturally most discussions are going to be about our "least favorite things".

DOH!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Bubba
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2003, 05:55:14 PM »

FAVORITE DRAMAS:
Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Aguirre the Wrath of God, Invincible, Hannah and Her Sisters, M, Malcolm X, The Trial (1963), It's a Wonderful Life

FAVORITE COMEDIES:
Duck Soup, Modern Times, This is Spinal Tap, The Gold Rush, Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, Some Like it Hot, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, and the MST3K versions of Mitchell and Manos: Hands of Fate (They sort of count)

FAVORITE SCI-FI AND HORROR:
Star Wars Trilogy, Nosferatu (1927 and 1979 versions), Frankenstein (1931), Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, Little Shop of Horrors (1960),  Bucket of Blood (1959)

FAVORITE MUSICALS:
Mary Poppins, The Wizard of Oz, Everyone Says I Love You, Chicago, Babes in Toyland (1935), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

GUILTY PLEASURES:
Godzilla 2000, Batman (1966), Beavis and Butthead do America, The Majestic
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2003, 03:55:14 AM »

FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME: Gunga Din. it has action, comedy, a skosh of horror(kinda). I can watch this flick on a continuous loop.

FAV HORROR: The Uninvited(1944?) Saw it when I was 14. not jump of  your            seat scary, but this is the only flick to ever creep me out without using jump-cuts, or blood or anything like that. VERY creepy.Oh, and Dead-Alive(guess it's horror?)

FAV WAR FLICK(s): Private Ryan, The Longest Day, Desperate Journey.

FAV WESTERN: The Searchers('cause it's great), The Oklahoma Kid('cause it's not).

FAV SCI-FI: Them!, frikkin' movie rocks!! James Whitmore(former Marine)is the coolest MoFo around!

FAV COMEDY: Bringing up Baby, My Favorite Year, This is Spinal Tap, His Girl Friday, Airplane!, Blazing Saddles, The Last Detail.

FAV ADVENTURE/ACTION: The Adventures of Robin Hood, Captain Blood,

FAV DRAMA: The Godfather movies(I even liked part 3). Angels With Dirty Faces, No Man's Land,

MISC: Anything Cagney or Errol Flynn made in the 30's. ANYTHING w/ Bogart or Mitchum.

GUILTY PLEASURES: The D.I., Tower of Screaming Virgins, everything with Vincent Price. The Omega Man, Dolemite, Billy Jack, The Wild Angels, Rustler's Rhapsody.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
fireal
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2003, 06:38:24 AM »

OK some of my favourites (at this time. My taste is always changing):
Favouite serious movie: Fight Club definitely. Didn't go to see it at the movies because it didn't soud that good. Rented it one night because I was bored and it blew my mind.
Favourite comedy: Hot Shots. Lloyd Bridges kills me in this movie. I start laughing about a minute before the lines because I know what is coming.
Favourite horror: tough one. I would have to say Halloween or Dawn of the Dead. Jason X comes a close second (yeah right).
Favourite Sci-Fi: John Carpenter's The Thing or Them! Got to love those old school fifties sci-fi's, especially when they involve giant animals mutated by radiation.
Of course if you ask me again tomorrow this list will probably have changed again.

Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
~ President Merkin Muffley in "Dr. Strangelove"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  time for a favorite post « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.