Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:31:16 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Buttcrack" (Troma) Is It Any Good? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Buttcrack" (Troma) Is It Any Good?  (Read 3096 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: February 02, 2003, 09:07:48 PM »

I was at Best Buy and saw a DVD titled "Buttcrack".  

It was made by Troma.  

After seeing the images on it and reading the synopsis, I couldn't stop laughing and nearly bought it but decided against it until I got a few of your opinions first.

Is it any good?

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Re:
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 11:03:34 PM »

I saw it at Best Buy too. I am surprised by the number of trashy movies they carry. I love it! I am also interested to hear about Buttcrack. I may need to add it to my collection . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2003, 12:29:05 AM »

buttcrack is horrible and not in a good way. there are no effects and the story is forgettable...and i've forgotten. honestly, don't waste your money on a dvd---especially since it was shot on video. if you are curious, you can probably find a used vhs for a couple of bucks...

i got it because it sounded funny and has mojo nixon...but how wrong i was. this is not a troma production---it looks like some student film they bought the rights to for about 1.50$.

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2003, 02:53:53 AM »

I haven't seen the flick, so no help there. What I want to comment about is the fact that, now, I too, make many of my film buying decisions based on this board. I'll either read about a title in a post or review, and search it out. Or, I'll come across a title and ask for opinions here. You mortar forkers are better than Leonard friggin' Maltin!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Dunners
Re:
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2003, 10:52:39 PM »

Whats buttcrack about? sounds like its worth a rental at the very most.
Aztec MummyMan
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 12:43:50 PM »

Buttcrack is a great bad movie.  Mojo Nixon is incredible as the PreacherMan.  
Plot is:
Dude is trrying to get it on with his girlfriend but his overweight roommate that shows his buttcrack all the time keeps interrupting and getting in the way.  The dude ends up killing the buttcrack guy.  Mojo Nixon preaches at the funeral.  Buttcrack comes back from the dead as a zombie and starts killing everyone.  
The dialogue in this movie is classic bad movie dialogue.  The acting is sub-par and the jokes cheesy.  
I have the movie on VHS.
Tor
Re:
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 09:14:10 AM »

I thought Buttcrack was horrible, and not in a  particularly good way. It sounded so very promising from the back cover, but was just agonizing for the most part. The only entertaining character was Preacherman Bob or whatever his name was. Wasn't as awful Dead Dudes in the House, but I definately wouldn't reccomend it. Has some occaisional goot bits, but it's not worth the 90 minutes of your life. Or the $9.99 you'd pay for it on DVD.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Buttcrack" (Troma) Is It Any Good? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.