Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:17:44 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Razzies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Razzies  (Read 1651 times)
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 10, 2003, 12:37:20 PM »

The new Razzies are out:

Worst actors include
Eddie Murphy, Roberto Benigni, Adriano Giannini, Steven Seagal and Adam Sandler

Worst actresses include:
Britney Spears, Madonna, Angelina Jolie, Winona Ryder and Jennifer Lopez

Worst Pictures are: THE ADVENTURES OF PLUTO NASH, SWEPT AWAY, CROSSROADS,  PINOCCHIO, and STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES.

Now, if they televised this awards show, I might just watch.
More at:
http://razzies.com/asp/content/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=110
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 08:41:45 PM »

All of these awards, are so arbitrary. Why is it so in vogue to hate Britney, much like the academy awards, these seem to be arbitrary. What the hell was Sandler nominated for? Sure Clones was bad, but it made money and it was leaps above the Phantom Menace.

This is ridiculous! Where is Reign of Fire. Uch.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 08:47:45 PM »

Bull s**t! I looked at the whole nominees. Its like a bunch ofnerds who are mad at popular people for no reason .

Eddie Murphy and himself cloned is one nomination.
Robin Williams for Death To Smoochy (I guess Norton was not popular enough to hate)
Britney and whats his name as worst duo!
Geez, these are a mockery to humanity. Why did you have to ruin my faith in intelligent americans Raj?

--His reply
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 08:59:23 PM »

Swept Away and Pinocchio I can see, these seem to be star vanity projects that reflect the stars in the most poor light.

Attack of the Clones?  Huh?  Sorry, but that isn't on the level of badness as, say, Basic Instinct or Showgirls.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 11:44:16 AM »

Creepozoid
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 12:41:01 PM »

REIGN OF FIRE was a 1,00 times better than CLONES. Where is WALK TO REMEMBER and SWEET HOME ALABAMA?
BryceDavid
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2003, 01:46:28 PM »

Boy, you people take this personally. It's all in fun. Gee. I think it's funny.

BTW, REIGN OF FIRE sucked but more people saw ATTACK OF THE CLONES (which I'm avoiding), so that's why AOTC probably got nominated. Most of the nominations are made by members who submit the titles. If a movie is in the top five that's because it got the number of votes to be on the list. It's not one or two people with a beef against certain filmmakers who come up with the list. Also, if a movie is a b.o. success, it doesn't equal quality.

And calling Razzie members "virgin geeks" is silly. I thought those were STAR TREK and STAR WARS fans.
SkullNinja
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 01:57:22 PM »

I don't know about the Star Wars fans, but I had an interesting conversation with one of the ladies in a well known brothel in Pahrump, Nevada about the Trek fans who had been attending one of the Vegas conventions. She said that every time the convention rolls around, the house makes sure to have a full compliment of women working to accomodate the influx of business that comes with the convention. It seems that these geeks may not have social lives most of the year, but they do have large amounts of disposible cash and they take the 60 mile trip down to party with the ladies.

Who would've thought?
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2003, 02:00:56 PM »

Man,
I dont need that image in my head.

"Once I get these Spock Ears off, I will be right over..... glavin"

--His reply
Funk, E.
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2003, 06:00:31 PM »

They seem to have fixated on like all of 7 films.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2003, 06:39:50 PM »

Sounds like a Golden Turkey Awards scam, anything that gets X amount of votes gets nominated or wins, regardless of actual quality or lack there off.  No matter how well liked or how successful a movie may be.

It's just opinion about product, that's all.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Squishy
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2003, 07:21:03 PM »

Razzies are ego-deflaters. The more successful the product or person is, the less its lack of quality is tolerated. Therefore, "Attack of the Clods" gets Razzied, while the box-office burpfart "Reign of Fire" does not.  BryceDavid smacked it right on the head.
Bubba
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2003, 10:09:19 PM »

Then again, something like Roberto Benigni's "Pinocchio" or Eddie Murphy's "Pluto Nash" are nominated, yet were both notable disasters at the box office (each made less than $5 million). Something like "Reign of Fire" ($40 million) had box office that wasn't really horrendous, yet hardly any good.
I think "Attack of the Clones" was merely nominated because the Razzies were still hung up over the not-very-good "Phantom Menace." Just because it makes a lot of money and is mediocre (for example, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding") doesn't mean everybody will hate it. On the contrary: more people will like it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Razzies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.