Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:57:29 AM
714259 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie is actually SCARY? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What movie is actually SCARY?  (Read 5895 times)
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2003, 10:19:21 PM »

I actually find Death Of A Salesman to be the scariest movie ever made. Why? Because there are people just like that living and dying each day, all victims of overwork and corporations.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2003, 10:44:08 PM »

I forgot about Texas Chainsaw Massacre! that was really scary too.. but it wasnt scary in a "THE DEVILS UNDER THE BED AND HES GONNA STICK DEMONS UP MY BUTT!!" sorta way it had more of an unsolved mysteries sorta thing to it  and made me not want to go outside or talk to strangers ever again Last House on the Left was the same way! that was really scary too!! it was really bad i never wanna see tha movie again! EVER! i completely blocked that one out of my head til now.. but it wasnt fun scary it was sad scary!  
Nightmare on Elmstreet i really LOVE with a PASSIOn but it never scared me too much even when i was little and i was 2 when it came out.. Tina.. im pretty sure thats her name.. in the body bag calling to Nancy was really scary tho! thats probably one of the scariest parts.. blood blasting from the bed was fun  girls talking in body bags is HOT ..i mean scary! and freddy's just too cute to be scary! and he had a good reason to kill all them kids!! they never gave him a chance man! he just wanted to be loved!
POLTERGEIST is a good one!! for little kids anyway! i really liked it when i was little! the part where Mom falls in the pool and all the dead bodies are everywhere! that made me cry!! and then id watch it again! and then id scare my mom staring at fuzzy tvs! i really liked the shining too!! but now i just think of it more as a fun movie to watch. the only other fulci movies ive seen was phenomena and one other one but i forgot the name.. phenomena was was the OPPOSITE of scary but still kinda good! all the movies that Goblin does the soundtrack for are really suspensful!  but it was all backward in suspiria! youd think "OH MY GOD SOMETHING AWFULS GONNA HAPPEN!! and then some girl just makes a really dumb face and that was the big thing.. it was OVER suspensful.. old ladies snoring does not deserve a huge build up.  i heard Eraserhead was really good! i havent seen that one yet!! i been meaning to tho! i should go get that one!

love colleen
irishkale
New Visitor

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2003, 11:59:54 PM »

I still cannot watch the scene from "Salem's Lot" where the vampire boy is floating and scratching and tapping on the Hospital window.  I was eight when I saw it on network TV in 1979; I just rented the DVD and I still have to fast-forward it through that part.

Also the movie "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark", with the little Conehead demons.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2003, 12:43:50 AM »

Well, First, I will mention the Others as a movie that truly impressed me and scared me. Honestly. I also will mention the Exorcist, it is too damn scary. Invasion of the Bodysnatchers scares me too.

Honestly, possesions scare me, and the best actually scary movies I have seen on that front are The Omen and The Evil Dead.

Second, the sea does scare me, because there is nothing to do on the water. Jaws scared me like no other and still is excellent today. Spielburg's first film Duel was truly terrifying.

As for slasher flicks, if you havent seen Scream, it is truly scary, and yes the first I know what you did last summer was scary.

Not many others scare me. The Ring had a few moments, but was more of a mystery than a scare.

When I was young, Stephen king's It scared the s**t out of me when I was 8, I still havent finished it and I still sometimes look  at the shower drain.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2003, 05:37:48 AM »

Having read some of the other replies, I'm reminded of some of the crap that spooked me. That floating vampire-boy scene is pretty creepy, I mean s**t,dude, I know he's your brother...but he's your DEAD brother. Leave the window closed, dumbass. I had totally forgotten about Poltergeist, I was pretty young when I saw that one, scared hell out of me, the part with the bodies in the pool, anyway. Pete B6K nailed it with Session 9, that is a creepy ass flick. I wonder if films scare me less now because I'm older or if I just saw all of the really spooky ones when I was a kid.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2003, 12:10:13 PM »

The Hitcher with Rutger Hauer scared the bejeezus outta me when I saw it.  That's been a dozen years now; it's probably time for me to revisit it.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2003, 12:19:58 PM »

Watched this one by Dan O'Bannon based on an H.P. Lovecraft story the other night and it had some genuinely heart-pounding moments.  Movies don't give me nightmares, but that one did have my hand inching towards the stop button on the remote.
Funk, E.
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2003, 05:07:59 PM »

I thought that Alien was scary the first time around.
I thought Francis was terrifying because of the concept
Night of the Living Dead is the only movie I've ever had a nightmare inspired by
John Carpenter's The Thing inspires a genuine sense of paranoia
JohnL

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2003, 08:45:43 PM »

Here are some that creeped me out;

The Haunting (old version) - had some very creepy moments.

Haunted - Aidan Quinn stars as a professor investigating a haunting.

Gargoyles - Made for TV movie. Some might think the effects are cheesy now, but watch it alone at night, then take a walk outside. :)

Don't be Afraid of the Dark - I know someone already mentioned it, just wanted to second it.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2003, 10:55:02 PM »

Yes . . . DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK . . . I forgot that one. It's possibly the scariest "made for television" movie I have ever seen.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
akiratubo

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2003, 04:16:22 AM »

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark scared me so bad as a kid even the mention of it kept me awake.

The only movie that still scares me every time I watch it is John Carpenter's The Thing.  The very idea that anyone, or anything, might turn into a monster and then turn YOU into a monster is simply terrifying.  I never looked at a dog the same way again.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
tooshea
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2003, 04:35:50 PM »

The saint francisville experiment was pretty good in the scary department, a rip off of blair witch, but still scary none the less.  Had the most realistic ghost scene ever.
Jim
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2003, 09:06:02 PM »

I have to with Texas Chainsaw, I watched it alone, in the dark, knowing almost nothing about it beforehand, and that was the only time I was ever really SCARED by a movie.

I also think Bram Stoker's Dracula (directed by Francis Ford Coppola) was pretty frightening just because it was so vivid, but I can't say I was ever really scared while watching it.
Dunners
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2003, 11:19:06 PM »

Any close ups of Michelle 'Butch' Rodriguez in any movie scares the s**t out of me.
jmc
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2003, 08:00:50 PM »

THE EXORCIST still does it for me....and hey, if you have the 25th anniversary DVD, check out the "Flash Image" trailer if you think THE EXORCIST isn't scary....I can't believe they played that trailer anywhere, much less on TV!  

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, definitely....

The trailers for CARRIE, THE SHINING, and THE GATES OF HELL all scared me when I was little kid.  

I vote for SALEM'S LOT too!  I remember when it was first broadcast....I was at my grandpa's with my cousin and before we went to bed my grandpa said "Don't let no vampires in..."  Scared us both to death!

There was another made for tv movie during the 70s/early 80s but I don't remember the title--it was about a girl who tied her sister's shoelaces together while they were riding in a car...which promptly wrecked and the sister wasn't able to get away in time.  The sister's ghost is living under the girl's bed or something...I don't remember the title but it really creeped me out when I was around eight or nine years old.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie is actually SCARY? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.