Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:21:38 PM
714224 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What a waste of time! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What a waste of time!  (Read 4503 times)
DannyV
New Visitor

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2003, 10:44:20 PM »

Hey, I LIKED Jeepers Creepers! The monster was cool as hell, man!

Well, in my opinion, the Street Fighter movie sucked balls. As in Van Damme-him-to-hell's Street Fighter, not the oh-so-kick-ass Sonny Chiba Street Fighter. That movie made my balls itch at seeing the best goddamned videogame ever be butchered into unrecognizability. Interesting fact: Cammy in that movie was Kylie Minogue, way before anybody gave a s**t who she was.

Actually, videogame and comic book movies are almost always horrible:
-Super Mario Brothers: Not even John Leguizamo could save this one...
-Double Dragon: Not even Mark Dacascos AND Robert Pattrick could save this one!
-Final Fantasy: Awesome technology, s**tty movie. Where were the Chocobos? And ODIN! f**kING ODIN!!!
-Spawn: Not even John Leguizamo could save this one, times two!
-The Batman movies: Jesus, why doesn't anybody make a Jeph Loeb-written Batman movie with Mark Hamill playing the Joker?! HELLOOOOOO!!!
-Superman 3 and 4: The first two are classics. Four was horrible, and the third one not even Richard Prior could save!
-Steel: Note to Hollywood: Shaquille O'Neal is NOT an actor.
-Captain America: Rubber ears, eek!

Thank God Marvel is making some KICKASS movies now. Can't wait for Hulk, and GIVE ME GHOST RIDER, GODDAMMIT!

I thought Romeo Must Die was horrendous, too. Was this supposed to be a martial arts movie or a ghetto movie? And it wasn't even a good ghetto movie, like Boyz N' The Hood! If I see a Jet Li movie, I want to see ass-kicking, not f**king Aaliyah p**sing and moaning!

Any movie with Vin Diesel, except Iron Giant. XXX, not even Asia f**king Argento could save it!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2003, 10:47:33 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have NEVER walked out of a movie no matter how bad it was. But I came VERY close when I went to see DUNE . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
akiratubo

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2003, 04:23:52 AM »

Got some anger there, Daniel? Heh.

I can't believe I forgot xXx.  Yeoch, that was a Plot-O-Matic(TM) movie for sure.

Fast and the Furious was merely forgettable until the final race.  If the Charger could run nine flat there's no way that Supra could have touched it, blown cylinder or not.  The Charger had slicks and the Supra was on street tires, for cripe's sake!  The outcome of that race was an insult to the audience.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
fireal
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2003, 07:12:35 AM »

You nearly walked out on Dune? Thought that movie was amazing. It wasn't as good as the book or the recent series but it was still visually impressive. I have to say the only movie that I can think of that I nearly walked out on was Armageddon. That film turned into such a sugar coated buddy movie at the end I thought my teeth were going to rot out of my head! I quote from the end where that dumbass shuttle pilot whose name I don't remember and really couldn't care about it turns to Liv Tyler and says:

"I just wanted to say that your father was the bravest man I've ever met."

Oh god I'm going to puke!!!!!!! Sugar coated CRAP!!!!!!!

Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
~ President Merkin Muffley in "Dr. Strangelove"
JohnL

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2003, 08:41:11 AM »

>Superman 3 and 4: The first two are classics. Four was horrible, and the third one
>not even Richard Prior could save!

Persoanlly, I thought Richard Prior was the whole problem with the third one. It wasn't a Superman movie with Richard Prior, it was a Richard Prior movie with Superman in it.
akiratubo

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2003, 02:04:48 PM »

That movie would have been improved 1000% simply by the removal of Ben Affleck.

I enjoyed Armageddon (except for Ben Affleck) the first time I saw it but it does not hold up to even one repeat viewing.

"Let's cut the nuclear bomb's detonator so it won't go off!"
(five minutes later)
"Why can't we detonate the nuclear bomb?"

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2003, 05:34:27 PM »

Man, I forgot, I hate to say, but A.I. I love almost all Spielburg's movies, but geez this one SUCKED.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Cloudio
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2003, 07:42:56 PM »

The Ring was a waste of time...I think it was another case of too much hype.

The Japanese version is definately better.
Also, I was very very angry after my viewing of the Blair Witch Project I (I actually liked 2...for some reason).  After hearing people talk about how scary it was for weeks and weeks...I can honestly say there was more hype than actual scares in the film.
Funk, E.
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2003, 07:58:31 PM »

The only reason why Blair Witch had Any value to me is because I was camping at the time that I had seen it. I had gone into town for a shower and supplies and caught the movie for fun. Going back out into the woods afterwards was... well more interesting than it would have been otherwise. Like telling campfire ghost stories before going to bed...
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2003, 08:35:56 PM »

Well, usually, I'd rush to defend American Psycho...but you're a fellow Ellis fan, and HAVE read the book, so it's all good. Glamorama's supposedly in production right now, and should be out next year, so...BOOYAH~!

Only movie that REALLY made me hate shilling out the cash for it (mainstream, not indy rental, of course) was that piece of utter s**t known as AI. f**k, even 8 CRAZY NIGHTS was better!!!

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
BlackAngel
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2003, 12:15:20 AM »

Wow, I forgot about Super Mario Bro., and--wait--oh damn you, man.  Now I can't get it out of my head.  I agree with Steel, Shaq as a hip hop artist is one thing but as an actor?  Oh hell no!  I guess after seeing the final print, DC demanded to strip the big 'S' insignia before it debuted.  Question anyone remember the movie Blue Chips?  On Spawn, do you think Martin Sheen should've strangled his agent for a role like that?  You should have made  THAT movie animated.

Two more entries that will make you pull your rogaine hair

Power Rangers: the Movie
Power Rangers Turbo

The second one especially because the first one, at least had the budget to have there "zords", if you will, computer animated.  The second one went back to their old formula that made their tv show s**tty: putting an idiot in a box like costume and make him fight with what limited movement he has.  Also, the kid.  Why they put this annoying bedwetter in it is beyond me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meteor Man can kick Superman's ass
Funk, E.
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2003, 04:15:22 PM »

I know a lot of people really enjoyed it, but I sneaked (snuk?) into the teater (did not pay) to see Predator and felt ripped off.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What a waste of time! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.