Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:45:28 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you like, but are afraid to admit it. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies you like, but are afraid to admit it.  (Read 3900 times)
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2003, 10:48:31 AM »

You were afriad to admit loving Master of the Universe.  You should be hellish proud of that one. It's a great film. Shout it ffrom the rooftops.  I'm sure there's a large number of people on this board that love that one too.

It's available on DVD  now

Pete
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2003, 11:17:13 AM »

I am afraid to admit I have a crush on those absurd movies Jean Claude Van Damme made with Tsui Hark, "Double Team" and "Knock Off". And I was so shocked when I saw "Tank Girl" that I wrote a reader review about it and sent it to Andrew. Is there any treatment for this?!

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
fireal
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2003, 11:24:54 AM »

Todd R. wrote:
>
> Hey, I absolutely love MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE. Here's why:
>
> Dolph Lundgren is perfectly cast and very sympathetic as
> He-Man.
>
> The special effects are a bit cheesy, but also very creative
> and very good when one considers the film's budget...and at
> least there isn't any CGI, which right now seems to be
> hastening the ruination of science fiction as a film genre.
>
> Bill Conti's score is fantastic.
>
> Frank Langella...now there's a guy who knows how to chew some
> scenery! He's absolutely wonderful as an over-the-top Skeletor.
>
> Of course, maybe one of the reasons for my liking this film
> so much is that I'm not a fan of the Filmation cartoon, and I
> feel that the film is all the richer for ignoring most of
> what Filmation had done.

Nothing wrong with loving Masters of the universe dude! It was a well done movie apart from being a bit cheesey at times and they really didn't need to bring it to earth (didn't the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special do it first?). Plus the big finale at the end could have been a bit better (bit of a Return of the Jedi rip off there. "Skeletor, you're not my father!!!!). Dolph Lundgren was really good as He-man. One of the few roles I liked him in, the Punisher and Drago in Rocky being the other two. I was half expecting him to just beat the living crap out of Skeletor. Do an Apollo Creed number on his boney ass!

Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
~ President Merkin Muffley in "Dr. Strangelove"
Bernie
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2003, 11:44:40 AM »

One of my all-time favorite movies is the original Miracle on 34th Street.

Okay, I'm just a sentimental girl.  I admit it.
SkullNinja
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2003, 11:56:23 AM »

The Last Dragon and Delta Force.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2003, 02:57:58 PM »

Tough question on a board like this, really.  Think about it, we all like low budget crap movies and go out of our way to rent to weird and whacky, so I'll admit to liking some mainstream bubble gum flicks.

Footloose - Kevin Bacon teaches an uptight town that it is okay to dance the night away.  I like this more for the mature way they handled John Lithgow's fire and brimstone preacher.  Instead a two dimensional dweeb he's a real man with real feelings and real problems that faces up to the fact he has made some serious mistakes in his pastoring.  The scene where he and Bacon are found talking quietly (Bacon's character is sharing his reaction to the loss of his father, Lithgow's character has lost a son) in his study is where the movie wins me over everytime.  Nowadays Lithgow's character would just be komically humiliated.

The Other Side of the Mountain Parts 1 and 2 - the true stories of a paralyzed skier and her battle to live a somewhat normal life.  Gets me every time.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Funk, E.
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2003, 04:58:19 PM »

I liked The Addiction, but then I'm a philosophy major so go figure. everyone else thought it was boring. I though using vampirism as a catalyst to examine various philosophical principles facinating. oh well.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2003, 05:30:38 PM »

Brian, dont be upset, Titanic was a Very good movie, only a little cheesy at times. I must admit, I like much of what Kenu Reeves does. I think Keanu gets too much flak, in all of his recent movies, he did just enough to fit the part (Matrix, The Replacements, Sweet November, all of which I like.)

Im not really ashamed of any movies I like, but here are a few that people groan about.

The Faculty, I thought it was fun and I think Elijah Woods has some really funny facial expressions.

End Of Days, for the life of me, I don't know why I like this, but I do.

Grease is on my list too of just cool movies.

Unbreakable, I still maintain the movie, and Bruce Willis were better in this than the sixth Sense or Signs.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
JohnL

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2003, 04:40:01 PM »

I like all the stupid teen comedies from the two Scary Movies to Not Another Teen Movie. I also like low-budget sci-fi, and not always for being able to laugh at it.
Pancho
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2003, 09:35:09 PM »

I like the first Jack  Frost.  I've gotten into some arguments after forcing friends to watch that.  Of course, my girlfriend likes Die Monster, Die which earns her lots of disrespect from the movie group around here.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2003, 12:00:14 AM »

All right, I must admit, I like the Michael Keaton Jack Frost

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Fearless Freep

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2003, 12:48:01 AM »

Not really afraid to admit it, but I seem to be somewhat alone in liking "Waterworld"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
lester1/2jr
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2003, 09:37:08 AM »

CRAZY/ BEAUTIFUL
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2003, 11:24:55 AM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Flangepart

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2003, 01:22:30 PM »

Joe's Apartment...and Armaggedon. Which might make a weird double feature.
Armaggeddon....Steve B. and the rest of the riggers make for some good scenes, the sfx, and the crazy Ivan on Mir. Although...with The Twin Towers AND a space shuttle getting trashed....does this flick have bad Karma or what?
Joe's Apartment...."Sex, bugs, and rock and roll" Indeed, a guilty pleasure.....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you like, but are afraid to admit it. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.