Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:29:09 PM
714382 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "This Actor Made a Career of Shamelessly Acting in Just About Anything" Award « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: "This Actor Made a Career of Shamelessly Acting in Just About Anything" Award  (Read 10173 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 06, 2003, 11:33:04 PM »

Okay, let's hear the nominations.

Mine are:

* John Carradine - the undisputed king of shamelessness (and to think that he used to be in good movies like THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE)

* Cameron Mitchell - he wins the special "I'll Go to Italy and Act in Just About Anything" Award

* John Saxon - even appeared as a guest star on THE SIX-MILLION DOLLAR MAN

* David Carradine - from the Oscar caliber BOUND FOR GLORY to incredible trash like P.O.W. - THE ESCAPE

* Linda Blair - I think that her complete lack of talent has something to do with this

* Rod Steiger - a great actor (see IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT and THE PAWNBROKER), who quickly fell from grace

* Charles Bronson - solid character actor in movies like THE GREAT ESCAPE and THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, later signed a deal with the devil and appeared in movies like DEATH WISH III and ASSASSINATION

* Lou Diamond Phillips - from LA BAMBA to BATS (need I say more?)

* Brian Dennehy - has some talent, but JUST WON'T GO AWAY!

* Bo Svenson - from WALKING TALL, PART 2 to INGLORIOUS BASTARDS (has anyone seen that movie?)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 12:13:30 AM »

Don't forget Michael Caine! Highly-respected, yet still willing to make grot like "Jaws The Revenge," "Beyond The Poseidon Adventure," "Dressed To Kill," and (let us never forget) "The Swarm?" And that's hardly a complete list. There is no way in Hell he could read the scripts and NOT know he was making some of the worst movies of all time.

Likewise John Lithgow! Skilled and filled with charm early on, now he never passes up an opportunity to being hooting, shrieking, and whooping like an overcaffinated chimp. "Ricochet," "Cliffhanger," and "Raising Cain" are some of the more horrifying examples. (One has to assume wearing a dress in a Brian DePalma film is a bad sign for the career of the guys. But then, it didn't do poor Nancy Allen much good either...)
BryceDavid
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 12:18:24 AM »

Gene Hackman. He had ups and very low lows in his career. It seemed at one point that a new movie starring Gene was released every week.

Then there's GEORGE KENNEDY! 'nuff said.
Greywizard, The Unknown Movies
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 12:58:48 AM »

Klaus Kinski freely appeared in a lot of movies he knew were junk just for the money. He turned down a role in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK to appear in VENOM, because he was offered more money.
Steve B
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 04:03:34 AM »

ummm...did we all forget about Bill Paxton? Need I say more?
fireal
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2003, 06:39:15 AM »

Better not forget Roger Moore. What was he thinking when he signed up to work with Jean Claude Van Damme on that piece of trash "The Quest" or as it is better known as " a crappy remake of Bloodsport".

Actually come to think about it what the hell is Van Damme thinking about these days!

Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
~ President Merkin Muffley in "Dr. Strangelove"
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2003, 07:52:18 AM »

Christopher Lloyd is my top pick. I swear, there was a period where he was in every movie released. James Earl Jones, too. Christopher Walken is getting there (two words: Kangaroo Jack!)

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2003, 08:11:22 AM »

Walken in Kangaroo Jack? Say it isn't so!Maybe his kids pushed him into it.

I actually enjoy it when I see certain well respected actors in crappy movies. Micheal Caine would be the first to admit he made a lot of guff in the 70's and 80's, solely for the money.

As he said about Jaws 4 : " I haven't seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. But I have seen the house it built, and it's fantastic. "

Hats off all round, I say. I'd do exactly the same.
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2003, 08:34:46 AM »

....but with a reason: Carradine had said he mostly was only acting in movies to support his first love...Theatre. I like to think his last words, though, might have been:

"I sure made a lot of crappy movies!"

:-)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2003, 08:54:16 AM »

I think it's pure luck that Bruce Campbell didn't make a whole lot of really bad films.  Through his career he pretty much has taken everything he's been offered but it just so happens that his school buddy who asked him to be in a load of films was a highly talented director.  There are still plenty of blotches on his CV though, McHale's Navy, Dusk Til Dawn 2, Serving Sara, the Love Bug, Assault on Dome 4 etc. I'm sure these films were just jobs to him.

Plus has anyone seen 'Sundown'. Its described as a comedy/horror/western starrring Bruce Cambell, so it sounds like my kinda film.

Pete
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. .
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2003, 09:36:32 AM »

ANY & ALL that stared in the Police Academy series

Jeff Goldbloom (obviously)

Jack Palance (who is staring in a local TV add for funiture here in good ole Mempho - Jolly Royal Furniture)

"Just because you CAN edit doesn't mean you should."

-Tom Servo

raj

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2003, 09:44:47 AM »

Burt Reynolds has gone from Deliverance to Cannon Ball Run II

I can't fault those who admit they're doing a movie for the paycheck.
Neville

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2003, 10:53:40 AM »

My personal picks are Dennis Hopper (does he get a discount in the 7-11 if he mades more than three films per year?), Eric Roberts (I saw him in four different movies last weekend, his roles ranging from pilot on a falling airplane, mobster and hitman) and Ice T. Funny fact, they use to be in the same bad B thrillers, and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up making movies together. Probably they have already.

Another good one may be Santiago Segura (he played vampire Rush in "Blade II", he is the one who dies in the epilogue, and he appears in the "Beyond Re-animator" trailers), but he is hardly known outside Spain, though the creator of "Ain't it cool news" mentioned him as one of his favourite actors ever.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2003, 11:52:09 AM »

Yes, he's a good actor, and yes, he's currently riding high on The West Wing, but our beloved Ramon Estevez ("Martin Sheen" to you) has always been willing to take any role if the paycheck's right, which means that any time a movie producer has said, "Hey, we need someone who looks like a militant hardass for a confined cameo role," Sheen's name has been at the top of the list.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Bernie
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2003, 02:59:20 PM »

I dunno, I'd have to go with Carradine and Jack Palance.  My God, I mean, Palance was in Angel's Revenge.  Angel's Revenge!

Oh, the horror.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "This Actor Made a Career of Shamelessly Acting in Just About Anything" Award « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.