Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:55:11 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "This Actor Made a Career of Shamelessly Acting in Just About Anything" Award « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: "This Actor Made a Career of Shamelessly Acting in Just About Anything" Award  (Read 10112 times)
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2003, 05:42:47 AM »

Yeah, but he's in The Two Towers now - so he's kinda redeeming himself somewhat.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2003, 10:17:27 AM »

First of all, I thank everyone for participating in my message board posting!

As far as John Carradine goes (and I think this probably applies to most actors on this message board), I picked up this tidbit of information:

On the FRANKENSTEIN ISLAND dvd, there is a special feature interview with one of the cast members. She said that, when asked why he made good movies as well as crap, Carradine replied, "the color of the money is the same." She also said that Cameron Mitchell was paid $1,500 a day to be in FRANKENSTEIN ISLAND.

I think we all need to remember that actors appear in movies because it is their JOB, no different from someone who works for a retail store, or fixes lawnmowers, or sells cars. They do it to earn a living. Not all actors have lofty, artistic visions of being in only "good" movies. And I respect Carradine for his honesty. Look at guys like Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty (who were in ISHTAR),  Laurence Olivier (who was in CLASH OF THE TITANS), and Paul Newman (who was in WHEN TIME RAN OUT). They are all respected actors who appeared in crap, but still insist that they are artists.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2003, 04:29:24 PM »

When asked why he appeared in so many questionable movies, Michael Caine gave the explanation that because he grew up in poverty, he felt that if he didn't keep working, he might lose it all.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Funk, E.
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2003, 04:22:29 PM »

Michael Caine has also stated that he had taken rolls solely on the basis of the location they were going to be shot at.
Flangepart

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2003, 06:16:30 PM »

Good point, Joe.
Some actors have a bad habit of thinking too much of them selves...latest Hollywood babble from George Clooney, he blows up at a reporter who dares to call "Solaris" boreing....Hey George, it ain't the Holy Grail!.....and your no Graham Chapman either!.....
The good actors , Like Lee ,Cushing, Hackman, get work because they are Pros, and do the best they can with what they are given. Like i said...pros.
They do the best with the part , and have to leave the other stuff to someone else. Just like the rest of us.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2003, 06:55:32 PM »

I never even thought it was bad to be in every movie possible.

A) we live in a capitalist society, so that is what we strive for

B) Look, work is work, everyone does crap once in awhile, and sometimes crap needs to be made. Look at the actors who never bounced back from crap (Helen Hunt, Anna Paquin).
So, if you do crap and move on, more power to you.

C) Sometimes it is fun to have a reputation for doing everything isnt that what a "character actor" is.

A couple more to add. Talk about wanting creepy guys, what about  Steve Buscem. Is he in every Sandler movie? Is he in every third movie? Man is he strange?

Recently, Sylvestor Stallone is taking that path. Anyone seen his straight to video release of "Eye See You."  How about Rocky 5 that he is making? As well as the Rocky the Broadway musical he is making. Oh, and the next Rambo where he fights Osama Bin Laden. Im serious. These are his upcoming plans. Does he have no shame?

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
joebob
New Visitor

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2003, 09:00:18 PM »

It was fun scanning through these old actors.... I might have missed him, but Charlton Heston NE1?  Ben Hur / Soylent Green.  Go figure...
Funk, E.
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2003, 09:45:32 PM »

Solent green is a awesome movie! Maybe not Ben Hur, but ito be honest w/ you I thought that SG was actually more "meaty" BH
Bernie
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2003, 10:50:31 AM »

OUCH!
BlackAngel
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2003, 11:36:17 AM »

How about Louis Gossett Jr.  I know this man has won one Oscar (or was it an Emmy).  I just can't remember what picture it was.  All I remember is that he was in all the Iron Eagle, Jaws III, The Punisher, a movie with Chuck Norris, and a little known tv movie with Blair Underwood.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meteor Man can kick Superman's ass.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2003, 11:57:12 AM »

Yes. Louis Gossett Jr. won an Oscar for "An Officer and a Gentleman." He used his new-found fame to land starring roles in one terrible movie after another. He is not alone. Sylvester Stallone, Rod Steiger, David Carradine, Eric Roberts, Louise Fletcher and a whole slew of others have either won or been nominated for Oscars and then watched their careers go straight to B-Movie hell.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Randy
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2003, 02:37:03 PM »

Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee have to be the winners in this category.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2003, 02:41:21 PM »

How about Russ Tamblyn? His list is certainly a lot shorter than most of the others mentioned in this posting, but I think his fall from major productions like West Side Story to trashy Al Adamson movies makes him a legitimate addition to the list.

Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2003, 08:22:11 PM »

Anyone who can star in West Side Story, Satan's Sadists, Twin Peaks, and War of the Gargantuas is alright in my book. :)

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2003, 11:33:30 PM »

what about:

RODDY MCDOWALL !!!

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "This Actor Made a Career of Shamelessly Acting in Just About Anything" Award « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.