Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:44:34 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movies?  (Read 8208 times)
Scott
« on: February 25, 2001, 09:30:28 AM »

I don't know anything about the three movies listed below. Can anyone tell me about them?

Kung Fu Master
King Kong Lives (what year?)
Tobar the Great
Abby
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2001, 12:22:43 PM »

King Kong Lives ... had to be around 1986.

(sigh) My very first date as a teenager involved seeing this flick in a movie theater ... at my request. King Kong gets a heart transplant; what more do you need to know? There's a hilarious unrelated sex scene between the chick scientist and the male reporter that comes out of nowhere. There's a baby kong and maybe even a lady Kong if I remember right. But in the end, as all giant critters running amok in a metropolitan area tend to do, Kong climbs up onto something tall and big, and it is eventually his undoing.

I thought this flick was hilarious at 14. My first date disagreed. 'Twas our first and last date. For my next romantic encounter, I think I let myself be taken to Karate Kid Part 2 ... you tell ME which is the lesser film!
Inukko
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2001, 01:57:36 AM »

Never seen it, but according to my TV listings,
"a middle aged divorcee falls in love with a 14
year old".

Hmm.  Maybe instead of "Kung Fu Master", they
should've called it "Shotakan Master".
FLANGEPART
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2001, 12:48:47 PM »

Man,was K K Lives weird. Bakers Kong Suit is/was still impressive,and the scene where Kong dines on redneck ham was...well, memorable. But, over all, when they wheeled out the "Jarvik 7000" like a NASCAR pit crew, i lost it. It must be MST'd! Shall we?
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2001, 02:43:56 PM »

I worked at a movie theater that, during its Christmas party, ran all the opening movies, one of which was King Kong Lives.  It left me speechless.  It still boggles the mind that this particular movie's script would even get produced, and with the amount of money they spent on it to!  This movie is a cinematic turd on the level of The Concorde - Airport '79.  Low point...the dweebs playing golf: the ball knocks Kong on the nose, don't you think that they would have seen Kong approaching - I mean he is a pretty fig bucking ape.  That is almost as bad as the homeless fisherman hooking Godzilla '98 prior to its arrival in NYC. D'oh!

I have noticed that Anchor Bay owns this movie now, perhaps they will release a letterboxed copy sometime in the future?
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2001, 05:13:48 AM »

"Tobor The Great"--gee, what's "tobor" spelled backwards?--runs on AMC evry so often. On a couple of weeks ago, in fact. (Sorry.) Big robot saves idiot annoying punk kid from Commie rats. Running time seems to be about an hour.

"King Kong Lives"--and you thought Dino's remake was as bad as it could get, hah? Actually, Rick Baker is not involved with this one, set ten years after "Kong '76." There IS a Lady Kong, she smiles a lot and has unfettered gorilla-boobs, so you know she's a she--plus she gets the hots for Lance Kerwin ewwwwww).  Look, once I said "Lady Kong," you wrote the entire script in your head automatically, right down to the ending, trust me--it's THAT predictable. Fun in parts, monkey suits and FX range from great to freaking awful--usually freaking awful. Linda Hamilton, what the hell were YOU thinking!? Worst line: "Well, Kong--you've killed. Now they'll never let you live." Hello? Anybody remember New York City? (...and YES, the giant apes act like they understand English. Yikes.)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.