Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:09:35 PM
714158 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Garbage Pail Kids « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Garbage Pail Kids  (Read 3183 times)
Vinny
« on: February 08, 2003, 09:15:51 PM »

Looking for a B movie? Look no further. A typical 80's film, jam packed with the morals of whats right and wrong pushed down your throat. Take note of the cornyness that lingers from this movie, just like the stuff between a tramps toes.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »

I'd love to get a copy of this movie, but the prices on eBay are too damn high.  $26 bucks?  I don't think so.

This movie is pretty much crap.  I want it for the nostalgia value and the crappiness value.

I do like the fact that the movie posits the existence of a "State Home for the Ugly".

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Vinny
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 12:37:31 AM »

You should mosey on down to the british version of Ebay (ebay.co.uk) it's going on there for £4 and they also ship to the US :)

And yes; "State Home For Ugly" truly comical. Quite like the fact the 'garbage pail kids' could sew, knit and stich designer like clothes in a matter of a day down in that basement they was hiding out it.
Jim H
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 01:03:39 AM »

To bad the British version is PAL.

I to would like to get it as the Garbage Pail Kids were at their height when I was little.
Cloudio
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2003, 05:54:57 PM »

I had a copy of this film for Beta (back when saying I had a Beta wouldn't bring forth laughter), and I watched this film over and over.

Of course I was young and GPK were huge at the time.  Sadly I can't remember a lot of details about it today.
BlackAngel
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 04:19:58 PM »

I'm a little confused here.  The thing I remember back in the day about the Garbage Pail Kids is the trading cards, which were funny.  They have a movie based on that?
Lancer
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2003, 10:56:00 AM »

BlackAngel, sure did...

I dont know if GPK was before or after Howard the Duck, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles but the special effects seem to be the same (mechanical costumes)

I do remember that one of the kids looked like a friend of mine... lol...
BlackAngel
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2003, 11:18:59 AM »

Thanks, Lancer.  Now I got two questions:

Where, oh where can I get this gem?

Who do you think would win in a fight, Chucky or the GPK?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meteor Man can kick Superman's ass
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2003, 03:12:49 PM »

You don't want to see this film.

I'd bet my next paycheck that if Andrew were to review it he'd give it a skull for a rating.

All through it the only thing you'll be thinking is,"What the f**k kinda drugs were the filmmakers on while they were making this?!?!"

IT IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!

Which makes me wonder why it hasn't been reviewed on this site yet.

Must've slipped through the cracks.

Lancer
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2003, 04:44:52 PM »

Sure the movie is bad, but its also funny as hell... Maybe because the fact that one of my friends looked like one of the Garbage Pail Kids...

The movie did fall victem to several things...

The Mid 80's... This is hard to explain in small lines so unless you are an alien (or havent been thru the mid 80's) my best guess is for you to rent about 10 movies from 1983 to 1986 and you will see where I'm comming from... (it dosent matter what move you rent but it has to be between those dates... to get the Mid 80's)

Made for a bubble gum packs... The GPK was a new version of "Wacky Packs" (Boy, I'm old) so somebody said "hay, why dont we make a movie about the GPK's" and then somebody else said, "What will it be about?" and another person might of said, "A story of potty jokes, just like the stickers" [[I would like to think those that made the movie didnt know s**t about the GPK stickers... Why was GPK Stickers was so hot??? hint... it wasnt about picking buggers and potty jokes... is was graphic violance to Cabbage Patch Kids... Sadly something that was missing in the movie... ]]

Testing ground of special effects... Before you got all this digital stuff... you have stop motion animation (which is very expensive) and the very new tech (and cheaper)... Muppet Mehcanics...This was the tech that created Yoda in Empire Strikes Back, and lets not forget the Muppet Movie (aka... Return of the Jedi)  But I'm not giving Star Wars the credit here because those were "Muppets" and GPK was Muppet Masks on humans... Now, as I have said before I dont know which came first GPK (I think mostliky), Howard the Duck, or Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtles...
raj

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2003, 05:41:51 PM »

Wacky packs? The ones from the 1970s?  I think I still have some of them, mixed up with my baseball cards.
ahab
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2003, 06:50:28 PM »

i saw this once when it first got on video. all i remember is that the trading cards were alot better.

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
akiratubo

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2003, 11:37:45 PM »

Garbage Pail Kids sucked.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Garbage Pail Kids « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.