Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:36:16 PM
714240 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies Convention? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad Movies Convention?  (Read 3036 times)
Alisa
« on: May 29, 2001, 09:40:27 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but i think it would be great if we could organize some kind of convention for Bad movie lovers.
Alisa
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2001, 09:00:26 AM »

LoL, i guess i was the only one who thought that.  silly me
Will
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2001, 10:56:52 AM »

There already are a number of conventions that Andrew advertises on here, like the New Orleans Worst Film Festival and B-Fest in Chicago.  I'd like to organize one where I live, but I doubt people would travel to Whitesburg, KY, even though I have access to a private theater.
Ken Begg
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2001, 01:17:47 PM »

A con, as opposed to a film fest, would be fun, although films would have to be an important element.

In the meantime, Will is right.  NOWFF, the New Orleans Worst Film Fest, is taking place just next week (Saturday, June 9th) and B-Fest, the big mamoo of the breed, should take place the last weekend in January or thereabouts.

As an added bonus, you can meet Andrew at either show.  And in New Orleans, he'll flash you his chest if you give him beads.
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2001, 05:53:36 PM »

You get much more bang for your buck if you goad Ken into flashing his chest.  He also forgot to mention that he is ground zero for planning a B-Fest trip.

As of today I have certain word:  Andrew will not be at NOWFF this year.

Andrew
Scott
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2001, 09:19:41 PM »

Sounds good to me Alisa
Ringneck
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2001, 10:07:55 PM »

Scott

Where is Whitesburg KY?  If its lcose to Louisville you could contact Wild and Wolly Video there, they deal in B, cult, and obscure movie rentals and might help you promote such an affair.   Honestly, if you could get 50-100 people to show you might snowball from there and have an honest to goodness event in a couple years.  I have several friends into researching sasquatch and they have conventions all the time, maybe 100 people or so and they have a good time, meet new people, and get to share their hobby.    I live within an hour of Louisville and would be more than happy about making a trip, and could round up half a dozen or so, then figure out how many locals in your area might be interested, ect and work from there.  

BradLaGrange
Will
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2001, 10:03:00 AM »

Yeah?  Cool.  I'm about 4 hours from Louisville, but that's not a bad trip.  I'm definitely in to planning something for Winter '02.....
Alisa
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2001, 11:08:50 AM »

LoL i'm not sure how far Kentucky is from Georgia, but i could always fly there.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies Convention? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.