Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:26:24 AM
714325 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My own idea for a war film « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My own idea for a war film  (Read 3983 times)
Chris K.
« on: May 29, 2001, 09:41:37 PM »

No, this is not influnced by the recent film PEARL HARBOR but rather influnced by the thoughs of a World War Three beginning that causes the destruction of the entire world. I though up of this idea three weeks ago and I plan to title it THE FINAL WAR.

Basically, the whole world goes to war against each other. Yet, nobody knows what they are fighting for or the reasons. Refferences to World War One and World War Two are brought up from time to time, but the war gets worse as more massive destruction begins. As the people and government become more anxious, the final decision is decided and all countries suffer from nuclear bombing. The only survivors are at sea, yet in the end they decide to go home to their devistated homelands and die of radiation poisoning in order to show their patriotism to their countries.

Of course, their will be some main characters with romatic interests. But I plan to focus on the war more. Their will be so much destruction that I will call this script a "War Opera". Basically, this film is to teach a lesson of the devistaion of the world caused by a war that has no meaning at all. Nobody knows what they are fighting for. Nobody knows what causes it. But in the end, they all perish for a disalushioned reason that is not seen. I plan to turn this idea into a four hour "epic" film that will pull no punches.

Please tell me what you think about this idea. Be honest, too.
lalalalalalalala
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2001, 10:31:45 PM »

It'll be on this site in no-time!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Actually, I think it would make a good epic movie. I just saw "the day after" which deals with the same subject material and it was very powerful (if depressing.) Anyway these are just my thoughts.
Mugwump
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2001, 12:58:44 AM »

What's up? It sounds like a good idea. The idea is bleak but it gets the point across, (which is obviously an anti-war message). Maybe you could tighten the length up a little and have it animated so you wouldn't have to worry about the budget so much, i hear that's why Japan sticks with lots of animation, it's a lot cheaper than producing film. You might want to check out a very moving anime about the bombing of Japan called, "Grave of the Fireflies." It's very moving, and might lend ya some inspiration.
 p.s.-Grave is based off a Japanese survivor's personnal memoirs of the bombing he wrote into a book so don't expect it to be your typical, cutsy-kiddy-pokemon-crap anime.
Ringneck
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2001, 10:33:01 AM »

Chris.  Really good sounding idea.  The bleakness and the anynomous enemies make it sound like alot of the Twilight Zone's, (Which is a compliment, it was one of my favorite series), or at least give it that feel.  If you ever film it, black and white is cheaper than color film, and also saves on the lighting.

BradLaGrange
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2001, 11:35:07 AM »

I see you've been to TELEPORT CITY. Yes, that was a powerful film. The downer ending is unavoidable, yet smoothly done. I saw it i n the original format,,(No dub) and found it memorable. Do you realy think you could pull it off these days? Maby, after all, the Bomb has become more accessable to more unstable leaders....Yeah. Maby you could.
Chris K.
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2001, 01:18:18 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions and opinions on this idea of mine. I have thought about doing it in an animated state, but I feel it could hit the audience more if it is just plain live action. Also, I could shoot THE FINAL WAR in black and white but again the audience would be complaining about that. But, I could shoot the film in black and white and leave the battle sequences in vivid color detail for added effect to push the audience forward.

As for the four hour running time, I plan to keep it at that length to make it a memorable "epic". However, if nessisary I will reduce the running time to a minimum of two hours. The main focus of THE FINAL WAR is not to dazzle people with eye-candy effects, but the effects are to show the whole ordeal in a violent and explosive war that ends with "the droping of the Bomb" on the whole entire world. Another message to point out is to show the overuse of patriotism towards their country and how their patriotism takes their lives (not that I am saying that patriotism is bad, but to show that when the term is overused then that is when the feeling of patriotism is "pushed to the limit" in order to either end or continue the war). In other words, when tension becomes too much the button will be pushed.
Andrew
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2001, 05:55:56 PM »

I'm glad that someone else thought about "Grave of the Fireflies," that is one of the classic anime films in my opinion.  Bleak too, it gives me the shivers.

Andrew
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My own idea for a war film « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.