Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:40:34 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WIZARDS OF THE LOST KINGDOM « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WIZARDS OF THE LOST KINGDOM  (Read 2255 times)
BryceDavid
« on: February 09, 2003, 04:20:34 PM »

Folks, we have a winner here!

I saw this movie on SPACE channel last night and it was wonderfully terrible. I only caught half of it but boy, what I saw beat a slew of bad movies I've recently seen. The fight scene between the immobile Griffon-type of monster and the evil woman (we only see her half-lizard face) is simply amazing in its strangely endearing ineptitude. Anyone else seen this bottom of the barrel sword & sorcery "film"?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 05:53:47 PM »

I saw it many years ago on video. I don't remember much about it, but I am sure you are right about how terrible it is!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 08:20:58 PM »

yup...i've seen it (unfortunately)...several months ago...i've even got "part two" packed away somewhere but haven't subjected myself to it yet...

here's my take on this masterpiece:

Wizards of the Lost Kingdom - 1985 (PG). (VHS) Directed by Hector Olivera. A magician's son joins forces with a wise-cracking rogue warrior to win back a kingdom overthrown by evil wizardry. The kid also has a bigfoot-like pet that's covered with shag carpeting and sounds like Mr. Bean talking backwards. During the battles, red magic is evil and blue magic is good and the fate of the kingdom lies with a magic ring. Any of this sound familiar? It is impossible to watch the rogue warrior (Bo Svenson) and not think of the Skipper from "Gilligan's Island." The best part of this low-budget sorcery fest is chuckling over cheap creature costumes like the "insect woman," garden gnome, and pail-heads. NOT RECOMMENDED.

happy viewing,
mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

BryceDavid
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 08:51:40 PM »

It's amazing that they actually made a sequel. The mind boggles.
fireal
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2003, 09:49:34 PM »

Seen that film once and I think I would need some serious mind altering drugs to watch it again.

Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
~ President Merkin Muffley in "Dr. Strangelove"
Dkins
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »

My cousin and I watched this as children. We rented it souly by seeing the "awesome" looking cover art for it. What can I say we were only 10 or less i think. Well it has forever stuck in our heads as one of the most, if not THE most horrible movie ever made. That is why we searched for many years to find a living breathing copy, and thanks to the wonderful invention the internet we were able to find one finally. We got to watch it again as adults and it was everything we remembered. I try to watch it once a year now to remind myself that no matter how untalented, stupid, or completely lacking any artistic ability you are, you can still get a job in the movie business(you know who you are, no need to name names).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WIZARDS OF THE LOST KINGDOM « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.