Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:40:21 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the worst B-Movie about animals? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What is the worst B-Movie about animals?  (Read 6427 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 13, 2003, 03:02:27 PM »

I'm not really talking about animals that get exposed to radiation or chemicals and turn into monsters. I'm more interested in animals that REMAIN as animals, but maybe they go crazy or get rabies or attack for some unknown reason. They don't mutate and grow horns or anything, they just kind of get into bad moods and attack people. I guess we could include insects and other living things too . . .

My suggestions are (and I'll keep this short because I want to hear everyone else's opinion):

CUJO

DAY OF THE ANIMALS

STRAYS (with Timothy Busfield!)

GRIZZLY

NIGHTWING (which was a very good book . . . I'm not sure what the HELL they were thinking about when they made the movie)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Funk, E.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 04:41:16 PM »

Man's Best Friend
Night of the Lupis
Organ Grinders
Bats
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 05:15:59 PM »

Nice list, but I must disqualify NIGHT OF THE LEPUS because it involved giant bunnies. (On the other hand, MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL would qualify, because the bunny was small . . . but vicious).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Funk, E.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 05:24:22 PM »

Ahhh. Mutant animals don't count. Got it. :-D
TC
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 05:32:23 PM »

I don't think anyone will remember this one, but Dogs of Hell is one that sticks out for me.  I remember it was originally released in 3-D in the early 80s.  It's about some Rottweilers trained by the army to kill, who escape and terrorize a town.  Pretty cheap and crappy.
Steve B
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2003, 07:51:15 PM »

Kangaroo Jack
Peter Johnson
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2003, 10:15:05 PM »

Jonathan Livingston Seagull . . .The seagulls remain seagulls, but the audience is attacked by poorly articulated feel-good philosophy.
The worms in Squirm remain worms, they just get angry at us because of electricity . . . .
peter johnson
SkullNinja
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2003, 10:19:12 PM »

For a more recent affair than most, I'd say Tail Sting. Do mutating scorpions fill the definition of animal?

I think this one was written by a Jr. High school kid on his lunch break.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2003, 10:36:01 PM »

How about the rattlesnakes in "Silent Predators", a made for T.V., killer animal movie

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Perk
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2003, 12:05:08 AM »

Well lets talk about the obvious bad movie with animals that was directed by Alan Smithee (yes I am mixing post topics. Muhahahahaha)  O um the movie was BIrds 2 Lands End  regular birds in a crappymovie.  

Oh and what about Monkey Shines even though that isn't really a bad movie per se.  And I liked it so I guess it isn't  the worst movie with animals in it.

Oh and does Congo count?  And what about Burial of the Rats.

okay I'll end my post because I'm out of ideas.

Well that was fun...in a f****in' sick, terrible, not at all fun kinda way.
Squishy
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2003, 01:27:54 AM »

"Congo" was horrible, but if I were to pick only one, it would have to be "Slaughter," AKA "Dogs," basically a negative-budget canine version of "The Birds."  

David McCallum of "Man From UNCLE" stars as a smug, annoying ass (our hero), and everyone else is just buffet. Much is made of a secret experiment at the local university which might be causing all the dogs in town to go nutzoid, but that little subplot comes to nothing.

Night scenes are so underexposed as to be unwatchable. There is one shining moment, however: the movie's final shot is so funny you'll poop 'em. (I wish this board had a "spoiler" function so I could post it...)
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2003, 02:18:27 AM »

"White Dog". It's about a guy who's trying to deprogram a dog that's been trained to attack black people. It was probably a good premise, and the movie is sincere..but DAMN, it really sucks hard!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2003, 07:54:33 AM »

Haven't seen it, but wasn't there a horror movie called "Night of 1000 Cats?"

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Squishy
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2003, 08:30:32 AM »

"Night of a Thousand Cats?" Oh yes indeedy do. Directed by Rene Cardona Jr.--who just died about a week ago, actually--who also gave us "Guyana: Cult of the Damned," "The Bermuda Triangle," "Tintorera--Tiger Shark," and the infamous "Survive!" (directed by his father, also a B-movie legend).

I should also point out that the movie I pitched earlier, "Dogs," has a nice review over at "Unknown Movies."

I rather liked "Venom," but it seems almost everyone else on the face of the planet hates it.
Squishy
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2003, 08:32:51 AM »

Oh yeah! Cardona Jr. also directed "Beaks--The Movie." Yeargh.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the worst B-Movie about animals? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.