Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:24 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad TV shows that last beyond 4 seasons. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bad TV shows that last beyond 4 seasons.  (Read 2997 times)
BlackAngel
« on: February 14, 2003, 01:08:47 AM »

Yesterday, I'm watching Jerry Springer (I know some of you guys too, admit it) and in the introduction, it was stated to be the "worsts show in television history".  Then, however, it goes on saying it's now on its twelfth season.  Then it got me thinking, with its constant nudity, cussing, and bad acting (?), could Jerry's show be the first ever b-rated talk show?  Think about it, a show that bad, and it's on for this long with the same routine, that has got to amount to something.

Also, what do you guys think is the worst show on tv, or cable that has been on for more than 4 season.  All I can think of is that Chris Eliott's "Get a life" , "Small Wonder", and, the king of bad TV, Married...with Children.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meteor Man can kick Superman's ass
Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 01:48:32 AM »

How? Who knows? I've yet to come across anyone who watches it.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 02:13:41 AM »

I liked Get A Life, was it on for 4 seasons? I thought it was cancelled...quickly. Springer is pretty bad, and you were spot on about the quality of the acting. It's like pro-wrestling with a talk show setting. And, like pro-wrestling, there are those who swear it's real.
  Another bad daytime offering is the Maury Povich show. Nothing but trampy little girls being sent to boot-camp. Everyday the same show and it's lasted for I don't know how long.
  Some shows are good, but they go on too long. M*A*S*H, for instance was on for 12 years, 4 times longer than the actual Korean War. And you can tell a show has been on too long when they add a cute new character, usually a kid who is born one day, and is 5 years old the next week. It happened in My Three Sons, Happy Days, The Brady Bunch, Growing Pains...the list goes on. Hell, Happy Days got a cute kid, AND a friggin alien!! And then the alien got it's own show!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 03:56:28 AM »

Baywatch

why . . .why . . .why . .  ??

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Foywonder
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2003, 04:13:36 AM »

Need to check your facts there, Black Angel.
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2003, 06:51:44 AM »

I allways hated Married With Children, but somehow it lasted for nearly ten year and over 200 episodes.

Another one I've never liked is a British programme called 'Last of The Summer Wine'.  It's about some elderly men and their antics & japes, set in the English countryside.  Main problem is that it's just not funny, and never has been. It's been going for 30 years now, longest running sitcom in British TV history. And it sucks.

Pete
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2003, 09:59:08 AM »

I loved Married.  It was the perfect antidote to that awful show, The Cosby Show.
Dr. Who lasted for many, many years, constantly changing the lead character; what other show did that?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2003, 12:01:53 PM »

Satuday Night Live, which stopped being funny around the time that the original cast left the show.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Brock
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2003, 06:15:46 PM »

Seinfeld.

Terrible, terrible show.
Creepozoid
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2003, 07:57:03 PM »

Anyhting on daytime, soap operas etc.
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2003, 03:56:47 AM »

V.I.P. -- Pamela couldn't even act her way out those ridiculously tight outfits she wears. The show deserved the boot the day it was conceived in the punishing mind of a network exec.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
JohnL

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2003, 09:17:23 PM »

>been on for more than 4 season. All I can think of is that Chris Eliott's "Get a
>life" , "Small Wonder"

Get a Life was only on for two season (the second about half the length of the first) and Small Wonder was on for just 4 seasons.
Dunners
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2003, 12:34:55 AM »

"Another one I've never liked is a British programme called 'Last of The Summer Wine'. It's about some elderly men and their antics & japes, set in the English countryside. Main problem is that it's just not funny, and never has been. It's been going for 30 years now, longest running sitcom in British TV history. And it sucks. "

Amazingly true

I'd say....

Moesha( anyone EVER watch an episodes of that s**t?)

Mad TV( best thing about it was Orlando Jones, thank god he got out of it)

90% of reality shows

Will and Grace (YAWN!)

Friends(BARFS)

Dark Angel
raj

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2003, 12:48:37 PM »

Dark Angel was only on for two years.  I tried liking it, watched nearly every episode (except for the end).  It had an interesting premise, and was fairly bloddy, killing off characters left and right.  My problem wiht it, aside from the second season addition of the the dog boy (ok in itself, but the execution was bad), was that it tried too hard and too obiviously to be hip.  The girls were cool, the guys were all flawed at best if not outright jerks; the language was oh so hip street slang.  Oy!
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr.
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2003, 04:03:49 PM »

Survivor ........ give me a F***ing break
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad TV shows that last beyond 4 seasons. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.